Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought a new S Max but..

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

I genuinely feel bad for you, imagine spending this much money on the car and get this absolute incompetence. Is the only thing between regular and sports spec is the body kit? As I know with other cars sports spec comes with many different things such as wheels, brakes, suspension, different steering wheel and many other minor things but they all add up. Like you can put a sports body kit on a non sports model but it still wouldn't be the same as factory sport as it is lowered etc. Just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Yeah, I think you have recourse to escalate it higher to Ford. This dealer is giving them a bad name.

A few years ago, my brother in law bought a new Focus and it kept reporting faults for the airbag. He took it back multiple times under warranty to get it fixed, but they continually failed to fix it. The warning light would keep coming back on. After a few months he escalated it to Ford as the dealer was simply not resolving the problem and made a big deal of the fact that it was a key safety feature of the car and that it wasn't fit for purpose.

In the end Ford agreed he had been made to drive a car below their expected standards and it could not be fixed to his satisfaction and so they agreed to replace the car. So after a year had passed, he got you a brand new Focus for his trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Funmum05

Johnboner wrote: »
    I genuinely feel bad for you, imagine spending this much money on the car and get this absolute incompetence. Is the only thing between regular and sports spec is the body kit? As I know with other cars sports spec comes with many different things such as wheels, brakes, suspension, different steering wheel and many other minor things but they all add up. Like you can put a sports body kit on a non sports model but it still wouldn't be the same as factory sport as it is lowered etc. Just speculation.

It was the sports pack that I ordered with the car. With the likes of the S Max they don't lower the suspension as the car is heavy to start with. The sports pack included the top radio and Sat nav, heated front seats, front and rear wide angle camera and the dress up kit. I got everything other then the dress up kit.

I have sent a letter of complaint to Ford Ireland and am waiting to hear back from them.

Advertisement