Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought a new S Max but..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Fcuk this would put me off buying any new car! Hope you get sorted OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The S Max is a lovely car

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Funmum05

@carsfan2 The new S max is a dream to drive, far better then the old one. Great road handling and the steering is really responsive. Its far better on tight corners/turns.

@neilw, I've already gotten money off for the mess up on the drivers seat and also got my first years tax paid and diamond brit. Not sure they'd give me a free service on top lol

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

I went to a ford garage recently to discuss purchasing a Kuga. Told the sales guy I was trading and he took my details. During a test drive he asked what I worked at, I told him and he mentioned his daughter wanted to get in to that area.

So I said I'd send him on HR manager details (which I did) and I never heard boo back about the new car purchase..........I was trading but paying the balance in cash.

Completely unprofessional. So not surprised at your situation OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ Reminds me of when my mate took out a substantial lump from the bank to buy a car, told the cashier in general chit chat what he was buying.

A week later he gets a call from the bank cashier asking "oh where did you buy your BMW, my son is looking for one?". Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

When I was looking to trade in our s max I was interested in the current model that was then forthcoming and has been just announced.
    I called to the local dealer who told me there was no new s max coming and the current model was staying in production for a couple of years. I pulled up pictures of the now current model and he was surprised but told me it was probably a concept car but he would look into it....

Rang me two weeks later to tell me I was indeed right there was a new model.
    Complete lack of product knowledge but no surprise I suppose

A Ford dealer offered a guy I know who I was with at the time 9k for his 09 Mondeo Ghia 1.8 tdci with 115000 miles, he never even sat into it!

This was being traded against a 171 Focus

Thought it was a great deal, even allowing for discounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Funmum05 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Shietpilot, it was very informative. Turns out the sports pack wasn't included despite the fact I've paid for it . They also gave other extras that I didn't want but the 2 items I did want they didn't include. I will get back onto the garage tomorrow and hopefully they'll fit the sports kit considering I've paid for it.

For the amount of money you're spending and the 7 month wait, I sincerely hope you screw Ford and the dealer to get what you've paid for.

But surely I'm not the only one reading this thread to wonder - maybe someone in Ford marketing thought it would be a brilliant idea to advertise a sports pack on an S-Max because no-one would ever buy it and that's why you have this problem....

For the amount of money you're spending and the 7 month wait, I sincerely hope you screw Ford and the dealer to get what you've paid for.

But surely I'm not the only one reading this thread to wonder - maybe someone in Ford marketing thought it would be a brilliant idea to advertise a sports pack on an S-Max because no-one would ever buy it and that's why you have this problem....

Forgive my ignorance but is the sports pack just the side skirts, front spoiler and rear lower spoiler/bodykit?

Can they not be retro fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I was in a Ford dealer a few years ago and I was literally blown away but the price of a Galaxy and S Max on display...€40k...not a chance I'd spend that on either.

• Advertisement

So is this the missing part?

Titanium Sport Upgrade Pack
    Dress-Up Kit (non-spoiler), Sony Navigation + 12 Speakers, Front Wide Angle Camera, Rear View Camera & Heated Seats
    €2,550

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Fcuk this would put me off buying any new car! Hope you get sorted OP

Reminds me last year picking a company car...the Ford was the worst spec of any (Mondeo) even sat nav was extra. Was quite surprised as I'd allowed considered they were ordinary so they'd be piling on the extras to entice buyers. Also they're not cheap cars.

@dia1988 that's the sport pack alright. I got everything other then the dress up kit which to me is the "sport" bit of the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 19 king02

Not trying to take the salesman's side but I ordered the exact same spec S-Max Titanium 180ps with Titanium Sport pack and The original pack included frt and rear skirts, upgraded alloys, aluminium pedals and honeycomb grille. When I placed the order Ford rang to say that the Titanium sports pack spec had changed to the frt wide angled camera, Sony upgrade etc, I rang the customer and we just added the upgraded alloys and skirts also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

@king02, I ordered the sports pack back at the beginning of June. At that stage it had changed so I knew the alloys weren't included and upgraded to them at an additional cost. From what I can gather the salesman was told he needed to add the sony 12 speaker radio, the heated front seats, the frt wide angle camera and the computer system would then recognise that it was the sports kit and pull in the dress up kit. Clearly that wasn't the case and he should've entered everything individually and the system would then see that it was the sports kit being ordered and charge accordingly.

The dress up kit has now been ordered and hopefully in 2 weeks time my car will be put right :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

@king02, I ordered the sports pack back at the beginning of June. At that stage it had changed so I knew the alloys weren't included and upgraded to them at an additional cost. From what I can gather the salesman was told he needed to add the sony 12 speaker radio, the heated front seats, the frt wide angle camera and the computer system would then recognise that it was the sports kit and pull in the dress up kit. Clearly that wasn't the case and he should've entered everything individually and the system would then see that it was the sports kit being ordered and charge accordingly.

The dress up kit has now been ordered and hopefully in 2 weeks time my car will be put right :-)

I think you're barking mad for allowing them to retro fit it!

I know Miike but I had to weigh up the cost to me. If I made them reorder the car I could be waiting longer then the 7 months I'd already waited. I would be charged the price of the car as it was when I collected it and its already gone up in price since I ordered it back in June. Also if I took my old car back they would depreciate it further by I'd say another 2k so I would be out of pocket by close to 5k in 12 months purely due to the depreciation. I would also have to service it, tax it and Nct it as all are up on it. I don't think they'd be able to give me a car to cover me until they got the reordered car in. I've never managed to get a 7 seater complimentary car when I've left in for servicing in any Ford garage and I can't see them paying for a hire car for that period. Mind you if they did it might get their fingers out and have the car delivered within a reasonable time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Miike wrote: »
    I think you're barking mad for allowing them to retro fit it!

Another Boards back seat driver. It's being sorted to the OP's satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Etc wrote: »

How is he being a back seat driver ? His opinion has nothing to do with the OPs satisfaction ? If the OP is happy then more power to him, he kicked up and got a result. I too personally think he is wrong to settle for a retrofit ow will you let me out ? the child locks are on. :D

• Advertisement

In an ideal world I'd have them reorder the car but I don't trust them to get it right a 2nd time. If they didn't then I'd be back to square one trying to look for a new car and if I was lucky enough to get my old car back it would be worth feck all in trade in. Or worst case they don't have my old car to give back then I'm stuck with having to accept another reorder or take the incorrect spec'd car for a 2nd time. It could drag out for a long time.

Btw tossy I'm a female lol

I know Miike but I had to weigh up the cost to me. If I made them reorder the car I could be waiting longer then the 7 months I'd already waited. I would be charged the price of the car as it was when I collected it and its already gone up in price since I ordered it back in June. Also if I took my old car back they would depreciate it further by I'd say another 2k so I would be out of pocket by close to 5k in 12 months purely due to the depreciation. I would also have to service it, tax it and Nct it as all are up on it. I don't think they'd be able to give me a car to cover me until they got the reordered car in. I've never managed to get a 7 seater complimentary car when I've left in for servicing in any Ford garage and I can't see them paying for a hire car for that period. Mind you if they did it might get their fingers out and have the car delivered within a reasonable time frame.
    Seems like you've weighed it up fairly well, I'd be livid though! I remember buying a Ka when they were first launched - Kept the car for 6 months and swore I'd never buy Ford again. In those 6 months I had the car for a total of two weeks, the rest it was inside their garage.
    Etc wrote: »
    Bloody clown. See below.
    tossy wrote: »
    How is he being a back seat driver ? His opinion has nothing to do with the OPs satisfaction ? If the OP is happy then more power to him, he kicked up and got a result. I too personally think he is wrong to settle for a retrofit ow will you let me out ? the child locks are on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Miike wrote: »
    Seems like you've weighed it up fairly well, I'd be livid though! I remember buying a Ka when they were first launched - Kept the car for 6 months and swore I'd never buy Ford again. In those 6 months I had the car for a total of two weeks, the rest it was inside their garage.

I've seen people on here have the same experience of new cars with every brand, just bad luck.

pippip wrote: »
    I've seen people on here have the same experience of new cars with every brand, just bad luck.

The icing on the cake for me was when they rang me (after having my car for 3 months now at this stage) and asked me "How are you getting on with the car? How did you find the service? Did you find it impressive how quick the turn around was?" all while the car was sitting in their garage. That was enough to send me over the edge!

Miike you don't know the half of it. I've been fuming since I copped it and even more so as I pointed it out to him before I left the garage but he assured me it was fitted. More fool me for 2nd guessing myself.

I reckon the reason they now give a bottle of wine for every new car they sell is to try and soften the blow to the fact that they fecked up.

Miike you don't know the half of it. I've been fuming since I copped it and even more so as I pointed it out to him before I left the garage but he assured me it was fitted. More fool me for 2nd guessing myself.

I reckon the reason they now give a bottle of wine for every new car they sell is to try and soften the blow to the fact that they fecked up.

It should come with valium instead of wine, to be honest.

Very true Miike. Just reading about your Ka brings me back. I bought my first Ka back in 1999, it was my very first car and I loved it, but like you had problems. I kept it for 2 years before getting rid of it. The best Ford I had was a 2000 Focus ghia. Never a bother on it and I still see it around town looking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I know very little about this class of car but I'm honestly surprised an S Max could come to 50k? There just has to be better 7 seater alternatives out there for that price?

Believe me Zurbaran for the spec of the S max I wanted there isn't another 7 seater to come close with regards to price. I've spent a long time researching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Zurbaran wrote: »
    I know very little about this class of car but I'm honestly surprised an S Max could come to 50k? There just has to be better 7 seater alternatives out there for that price?

There's not really, in the traditional people carrier class Ford are top with Smax and Galaxy at the moment

Advertisement