Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

JDxtra wrote: »
    The minimum is 2.5. If you're that close to the minimum, you may struggle at peak times or if something else on your broadband uses bandwidth at the same time.

What are other streaming services like e.g. YouTube.
    YouTube and Netflix both work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Butson

Does anyone know if you buy a new stick that comes loaded with passes, does it over ride your current passes.
    I have the sports, cinema and entertainment pre paid until end of January but stick got broken. New one came with a month of each. Started watching Sky sports as normal, then checked my account and it said I had activated the new Pass.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Does anyone know if a NOW TV Stick works abroad?

Currently have active sports, entertainment and cinema passes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

bugsyb4 wrote: »

You can roam in EU countries for up to 30 days. It won't work at all in non-EU countries, including the UK from 1 Jan 2021.

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭decor58

bugsyb4 wrote: »

As said, yes, I used mine on the continent, Netflix worked without a hitch, RTE and VM players worked but with some restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm new to NowTV. I've been watching all afternoon using the stick on my home TV. A family member tried to log in at the same time using the app on an iPad in the UK. They couldn't get connected - should there be any issue with doing this? I haven't checked yet if there is any problem with their iPad/app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm new to NowTV. I've been watching all afternoon using the stick on my home TV. A family member tried to log in at the same time using the app on an iPad in the UK. They couldn't get connected - should there be any issue with doing this? I haven't checked yet if there is any problem with their iPad/app.

Think it’s only one login allowed at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Think it’s only one login allowed at a time

Two logins are allowed at one time but max 5 devices registered at any time.

Maybe brexit is now preventing EU stuff in UK

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Two logins are allowed at one time but max 5 devices registered at any time.

Maybe brexit is now preventing EU stuff in UK

That's what I thought, though I thought I might have read somewhere that with Sky Sports passes you can only have one login. I can certainly have two devices simultaneously in my house. I'll try one on another network later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

That's what I thought, though I thought I might have read somewhere that with Sky Sports passes you can only have one login. I can certainly have two devices simultaneously in my house. I'll try one on another network later.

It could be that you can't have simultaneous log ins in different countries. They allow roaming in EU countries (and the UK up to 1 Jan 2021), but from their perspective, you can't be roaming if you're also watching something at home.

• Advertisement

NuMarvel wrote: »
    It could be that you can't have simultaneous log ins in different countries. They allow roaming in EU countries (and the UK up to 1 Jan 2021), but from their perspective, you can't be roaming if you're also watching something at home.

Perhaps that's it. I've just managed two simultaneous logins here, on different networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

your family member needs to install the Irish Version of the app, not the UK app.

givecredit wrote: »
    your family member needs to install the Irish Version of the app, not the UK app.

Ah okay - I'll tell them that. I wasn't aware that there were different versions of the app for Ireland and UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Butson wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you buy a new stick that comes loaded with passes, does it over ride your current passes.
    I have the sports, cinema and entertainment pre paid until end of January but stick got broken. New one came with a month of each. Started watching Sky sports as normal, then checked my account and it said I had activated the new Pass.
    Thank you.

The stick passes follow after whatever offer you're on - i.e. i just activated a free 7 day trial entertainment pass, then that day activated the 2 month entertainment pass that came with a stick, and the next payment is due in 2 months and one week - so i still get the benefit of the 7 day free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hey, can anyone confirm if the NOWTV app works on the new Google Chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Dave..M wrote:
    Hey, can anyone confirm if the NOWTV app works on the new Google Chromecast?

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mdol

Thinking of getting one for the kitchen tv. Could somebody tell me if the Sky News/RTE/Virgin and All4 apps have a 'watch live' option?

My ancient old Roku box for example has rte player on it but no option to watch live content, I can only stream catch-up content which is pointless.

mdol wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one for the kitchen tv. Could somebody tell me if the Sky News/RTE/Virgin and All4 apps have a 'watch live' option?

My ancient old Roku box for example has rte player on it but no option to watch live content, I can only stream catch-up content which is pointless.

Only Sky news has live option, VM "live" option appears on screen but is "unavailable" when you select it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Fake Tales

So NowTV is supposed to have come to Fire stick. Can anyone see the app. I have the new 4k stick but don't see any NowTV in the app store.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not to be rolled out for Ireland until the new year. Although as Amazon doesn’t actually support the Fire Stick here (aside from the Basic Edition, if you can get hold of it) I’m intrigued to see how that will work.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Not to be rolled out for Ireland until the new year. Although as Amazon doesn’t actually support the Fire Stick here (aside from the Basic Edition, if you can get hold of it) I’m intrigued to see how that will work.

What's different with the basic edition that means it is supported?

Amazon obviously have a method of holding back apps from people in Ireland (we don't see ITV or BBC) so I imagine they just turn that off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Fake Tales wrote: »
    What's different with the basic edition that means it is supported?

Amazon obviously have a method of holding back apps from people in Ireland (we don't see ITV or BBC) so I imagine they just turn that off?
    The app is a dedicated irish version. Different to UK now tv app. So they need to build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mdol

decor58 wrote: »
    Only Sky news has live option, VM "live" option appears on screen but is "unavailable" when you select it.

Cheers. Bought one for half price and that is indeed the case. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Virgin live working away here no problem
    3 channels all live

Virgin live working away here no problem
    3 channels all live

Thanks for that, live is fine now, previously I just got "unavailable".

givecredit wrote: »
    The app is a dedicated irish version. Different to UK now tv app. So they need to build it.

Out of interest what/why is there a differece. I would have expected the sky content ie the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

I just treied rte player for late late 11 Dec and its still buffering! a friend has same problem, is this rrte or now ttv

Yes it does

Not seeing NOW TV as an available app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have it on my firestick, but you will need to have a uk account for it to work at the moment

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    I have it on my firestick, but you will need to have a uk account for it to work at the moment

Thanks, I'd asked about the new Chromecast.

Edit: in case anyone else is wondering; there is currently no NowTV app on the new Chromecast with Google TV.

Advertisement