Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

FRIENDO wrote:
    No it doesn't Netflix Basic SD (480p) €7.99 Netflix Standard HD (1080p) €12.99 Netflix Premium 4K €17.99[/quote

Sorry. Typo. Entertainment, movies and boost are much more expensive than 4k Netflix & you only get HD with now tv.

I have 15 movie and entertainment vouchers stored on my now tv account but like you I hop in & out of streaming services. The big scoop sky have on entertainment (your honour) I've already seen on Showtime

BTW there is a thread on getting netflix from Turkey. Netflix Premium 4K is coming in at under 5 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Is NOW TV definitely not HD? I had the sports there for a while as I got a 3 months free pass and also have it with my Eir subscription and the pic on NOW TV was much better!

On an aside does anyone know is there anyway of getting Sky Sports in HD with Eir? BT have their own HD channels but Sky don't, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Is NOW TV definitely not HD? I had the sports there for a while as I got a 3 months free pass and also have it with my Eir subscription and the pic on NOW TV was much better!

On an aside does anyone know is there anyway of getting Sky Sports in HD with Eir? BT have their own HD channels but Sky don't, very annoying.

Now TV is HD at 720p

Full HD is 1080p

So you are correct Now TV is HD at 720p

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    FRIENDO wrote:
    No it doesn't Netflix Basic SD (480p) €7.99 Netflix Standard HD (1080p) €12.99 Netflix Premium 4K €17.99[/quote

Sorry. Typo. Entertainment, movies and boost are much more expensive than 4k Netflix & you only get HD with now tv.

I have 15 movie and entertainment vouchers stored on my now tv account but like you I hop in & out of streaming services. The big scoop sky have on entertainment (your honour) I've already seen on Showtime

BTW there is a thread on getting netflix from Turkey. Netflix Premium 4K is coming in at under 5 euro per month.

I seen that Turkish deal spoken about on boards and I do find Netflix Ireland expensive for the 4k and premium package.

Im just not tecky with vpn stuff, so I'll be staying on Irish Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Now TV is HD at 720p

Full HD is 1080p

So you are correct Now TV is HD at 720p

What is my Sky Sports with Eir then?

Always assumed SD was 720p.

Either way I find pic quite good using my NOW TV stick anyway.

• Advertisement

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    What is my Sky Sports with Eir then?

Always assumed SD was 720p.

Either way I find pic quite good using my NOW TV stick anyway.

SD is 576i Europe or 480 from the US also

HD is 720p,1080i and 1080p

Now TV at HD 720p is alot better than any SD picture, but it would be nice to have it in 1080p

Sorry, I don't know anything about Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I see Now TV have added streaming options for their sports documentaries and other stuff.
    The Lions rugby tour documentaries are up on it.

I see Now TV have added streaming options for their sports documentaries and other stuff.
    The Lions rugby tour documentaries are up on it.

Yes, very good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Months later and there's still no NowTV app on Google TV Chromecast. So slow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Meanwhile, it seems Now TV is about to change its name to just “Now”. As you do.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Meanwhile, it seems Now TV is about to change its name to just “Now”. As you do.

So this launched today and apart from the name change itself it’s an interesting one. All the garish colours and branding is gone in favour of a dark colour scheme. Seems to be a bit of a move more upmarket.

Also, passes are now “memberships”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Whats the rules for buying the UK sub and streaming in Ireland? Is the 60 day rule still there for roaming or has that now gone since Uk left Eu?

cause in the UK, Sky Sports Pack + boost split between 3 people (2 devices each, 3 concurrent streams) works out at €13 a month. Which seems doable.....like really doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I messaged Now TV Ireland few days ago asking about full HD and they said none available til end of the year.

flexcon wrote:
    Whats the rules for buying the UK sub and streaming in Ireland? Is the 60 day rule still there for roaming or has that now gone since Uk left Eu?

Unfortunately that stopped on 31st December. They are no longer in the EU and don't have any rights to broadcast UK content in the eu

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Unfortunately that stopped on 31st December. They are no longer in the EU and don't have any rights to broadcast UK content in the eu

Cheers

SmartDNS it is then. the UK plans are cheaper and they come with Boost for 1080. It's a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Got an app update yesterday for my LG Tv for Now - no messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

flexcon wrote: »
    Cheers

SmartDNS it is then. the UK plans are cheaper and they come with Boost for 1080. It's a no brainer

Is that similar to a vpn?

Nigzcurran wrote: »

It's better for streaming content. Smart DNS give you access to the Geo blocked content but doesn't send the stream through a VPN which can be slow and cause the picture to be blurry.

Also - there is no need to send the stream through a VPN it's a waste.

I'm not sure of the rules for posting links to providers so I wont here - PM me if you want more info

To be clear there is absolutely no discussion of circumventing regional restrictions here

I will add though, that before the Portability Regulation was a thing, Sky had no problem with Sky Go customers accessing their content in both the U.K. and Ireland with appropriate adjustments (so you would see the U.K. line up in the U.K.). Now hadn’t been launched then but they could have went back to that situation and rights wouldn’t have been an issue (at least they weren’t back then and it was only a couple of years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nigzcurran wrote: »

I use
    https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
    for VPN and it includes their smart dns.

• Advertisement

Johnboy1951 banned for 48 hours for ignoring warning in previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Got an app update yesterday for my LG Tv for Now - no messing around.

Shame they couldn't launch a Google TV app. And also no 1080p HD option in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I was able to toggle to 1080HD in my settings. Is it a case that the option is there but not the functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

I was able to toggle to 1080HD in my settings. Is it a case that the option is there but not the functionality?

Devices can be set to stream 1080 (even NowTV branded devices), but the service/app itself only streams up to 720 no matter what setting the device has.

Boost feature is supposed to be coming to Ireland later in the year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Just noticed the Now TV app Has arrived on the Irish Fire stick
    Must be still work in progress, I could log in and view perfect but the app won't add to my app list or recently viewed.
    But good to see it on the Fire stick.

Out of interest, is your Firestick/Amazon account using a UK or Irish address? I have downloaded the NOW app but it won't log in. I just get sent back to the 'sign in to see your details' page.

Equium wrote: »
    Out of interest, is your Firestick/Amazon account using a UK or Irish address? I have downloaded the NOW app but it won't log in. I just get sent back to the 'sign in to see your details' page.

Probably best to message Amazon on chat, they will sort it out for you, think mine is set for UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Probably best to message Amazon on chat, they will sort it out for you, think mine is set for UK

Mine is set to ireland and installed no problemo

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Shame they couldn't launch a Google TV app. And also no 1080p HD option in Ireland.

If someone has a Sony Android TV and can extract the NowTV apk for Éire then there's a fella on Reddit who can mod it to work on Google TV. He did the same for the English and Italian NowTV. Just us left!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Equium wrote: »

Similar issue with myself, app actually freezes when I log in, says video can't load then brings me back to the log in page and the app freezes then, strange one, my address is set to ireland

Advertisement