Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Striking Out [RTÉ1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

The renewal was front page news in today's Herald no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Talon Raspy Bather

ligerdub wrote: »

that's Tragic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Sometimes with RTE shows, I tend to keep watching them even when I dislike them. I guess just to keep up to speed with Irish TV I guess.

I wont bother with this one as I dislike it so much, and its lack of logic just left me scratching my head and saying WTF. The only thing I am curious about in S2 is how she will be able to solve any case without her magical PI!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

its because she's dricos wife and women mainly seem to find her lovely on social media, aspiring her life ....she's fairly wooden actress, and ive noticed a lot of her shows get cut fairly early- its a surprise to me Cant Cope and this are continuing

Her PR/marketing team must be well paid for the overexposure of her

Ooh did they confirm can't cope is being renewed? That was quite good, although Amy wasn't the main character which probably helped :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hopefully in the second season she might be asked to find Amber and succeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ligerdub wrote: »
    Ah, stop!!!! Independent and Herald really are sickening at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

If it was good, it wouldn't be renewed.
    That appears to be the rule of thumb in RTE.
    Bad = renew, good = bin it.

If it was good, it wouldn't be renewed.
    That appears to be the rule of thumb in RTE.
    Bad = renew, good = bin it.

Rte has a select few actors/actresses/'comedians' who will get chance after chance no matter how poor it is - so once it's part of the select group, it's safe untill they don't want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the coffee shop in the show is real and if so where it is/what's its real name?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Striking Out going down a storm in the US where they know a thing or two about quality TV and cute as a button wives of rugby gods :

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/the-new-york-times-treatment-amy-hubermans-striking-out-gets-rave-review-35566169.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Striking Out going down a storm in the US where they know a thing or two about quality TV and cute as a button wives of rugby gods :

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/the-new-york-times-treatment-amy-hubermans-striking-out-gets-rave-review-35566169.html

They also elected Trump

Review wasn't exactly a glowing one - and it's the indo who have their heads firmly lodged up in the hubermans backside

judeboy101 wrote:
    They also elected Trump

Another positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

judeboy101 wrote: »
    They also elected Trump
    Yes. That doesn't say much for America and public opinion there.

A couple of things that annoy me about that Indo article:

First, much like most of the other reviews about that pile of ****e, it was written as "Amy Huberman's Striking Out". Was she the only actor in it? No. Did she write it? I'm guessing no. Could you imagine the reaction were it to have been "Neil Morrissey's Striking Out", it would cause some sort of feminist meltdown. The ubiquitous Amy Huberman is no problem though, in fact it's practically celebrated.

Also, the headline says it was well received by the critics. By the looks of it that seems to be an extremely generous interpretation of what was written, so much for the sarcastic way references to "Fake news" are used.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I'm not a fan of the Indo. This is yet another reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

But there's definitely an appetite out there for another season. ?? :confused:

No thanks, not that hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

"Fairly appealing" = Rave review :confused::confused::confused:

Am I reading the quotes wrong? Because to me, it sounds like like the New York Times were being more critical about it than anything else: "It’s as if Dublin were auditioning for a best-places-to-visit-in-2017 feature" is hardly a great review.

“Striking Out,” from the establishment Irish broadcaster RTE, is a glossy legal dramedy with high production values whose dialogue is in easily intelligible English.

"Dramedy" is a neologism formed from a combination of the words Drama and Comedy to describe a genre of film and television, such as M*A*S*H, blurring genre lines to combine comedy and drama elements in a consistent fashion.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

https://presspack.rte.ie/?p=1621998?platform=47&start=1500076800&end=1500681599

They have started filming Series 2 of this, and there's 6 Episodes this time
    RTÉ is pleased to announce that the second series of Striking Out swings into production today, Monday July 17. The popular drama series stars Amy Huberman in her IFTA award winning role as Dublin-based solicitor, Tara Rafferty, Rory Keenan as her former fiancé Eric Dunbar and Neil Morrissey as Tara’s mentor and friend Senior Counsel Vincent Pike. Also returning are Tara’s street smart and opinionated client-turned-assistant Ray Lamont (Emmet Byrne) and tech guru and private detective Meg Riley (Fiona O’Shaughnessy).

In the new second series Tara strikes back. Confidently now her own boss, morally challenging scenarios will test Tara and her team in their personal and professional lives.New actors joining the cast this series include Moe Dunford (Vikings), Maria Doyle Kennedy (Redwater), Charlotte Bradley (Veronica Guerin), Owen McDonnell (My Mother and Other Strangers), Adam Fergus (Clean Break) and Jane Brennan (Paula). The cast also includes returning characters Ingrid Craigie (When Harvey Met Bob), Nick Dunning (Quirke), Paul Antony-Barber (V for Vendetta), Kate Gilmore (Lucy), Lorraine Pilkington (Outnumbered) and Ciara O’Callaghan (Fair City).

The first series aired on RTÉ One in January 2017 and had a consolidated average of 576,100 viewers.

The second series will be six episodes in duration and the shoot will run for twelve weeks.

• Advertisement

Great the Indo will have more articles about "Queen" and "Brave" Amy, who'll be "slaying" it no doubt...

Filming underway!

20046468_1613269078746926_1068973911986050020_n.jpg?oh=ae74d307bd511c68fb877dd29e9158ca&oe=59F4DE14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

This is only the best news of the summer ..............any summer...........ever..........

Great the Indo will have more articles about "Queen" and "Brave" Amy, who'll be "slaying" it no doubt...

Will have to get the odds from Paddy Power on the IFTA awards!!! Won't be wasting my time watching it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is that Yvonne from Fair City beside Nick Dunning?

Radio5 wrote: »

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Radio5 wrote: »

Was she in last series? Wife no 1 or 2 of some bigamist criminal or other.....

Was she in last series? Wife no 1 or 2 of some bigamist criminal or other.....

Yes, to the best of my knowledge she was involved in the bigamy story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They showed a brief trailer for the next series of this during the toy show and says coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Probably air in January like the first series. I hope the legal scenes are a lot better this time around.

Advertisement