Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"It's what you do next that counts"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

So it wasn't just the drink talking!
    Have you put yourself in for a Cork relay place yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Nice to meet you the other night - good to see you back. 5 miles straight off a couch regime is pretty impressive! Might as well get yourself signed up for the 1000 mile challenge
    Woddle wrote: »
    Got back from a nice weekend in Barcelona and I have to thank all the boardsies that were out there, you's got me out the door tonight for a run. Seeing and listening to all the satisfied bodies is exactly what I needed.

Myself and xavi alonso seem to be in the same boat and are both doing the Cork relay so hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

5 miles tonight, hurt like hell but I'm delighted I didn't have to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

My legs were very sore after Mondays run but today I felt they were fully recovered, so 5 miles again. Ran the last half mile in 3:15 which was a nice confidence boost and I felt I could have gone harder.

I will be sensible though and just keep it easy for the next 3 weeks or so.

I've had a little think and I feel I want to concentrate on 800/1500, so hopefully I can get into some kind of respectable shape for the graded meets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Great stuff, fair play lad.

Good idea to take it handy for the first few runs, but nice speed in the 1/2 mile all the same.

Great to meet with yourself and Mrs W in Barca. And thanks again for persiting with the phone calls on Mon morning, and missing your breakfast as a result of me being late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

My legs were very sore after Mondays run but today I felt they were fully recovered, so 5 miles again. Ran the last half mile in 3:15 which was a nice confidence boost and I felt I could have gone harder.

I will be sensible though and just keep it easy for the next 3 weeks or so.

I've had a little think and I feel I want to concentrate on 800/1500, so hopefully I can get into some kind of respectable shape for the graded meets.
    best of luck.

will you run the graded meets for a club?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

shels4ever wrote: »
    best of luck.

I was wondering the same thing.

Good work Woddle, good to see you back in action. Take it easy. Hope the diet is going well too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Myself and xavi alonso seem to be in the same boat and are both doing the Cork relay so hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

We'll do ourselves proud, theres a solid 12 weeks of training left so plenty of time to hit those targets. I think I got to 8:15 miles after 6 weeks of training last year so with 12 weeks, I'm confident I can shave another 45 seconds off that mile pace. I have no doubt that you will.

shels4ever wrote: »

Most likely a plain white shirt :D
    Macanri wrote: »
    Great to meet with yourself and Mrs W in Barca. And thanks again for persiting with the phone calls on Mon morning, and missing your breakfast as a result of me being late.

Pleasure meeting yourself aswell, gutted to have missed your singing :D
    Hope the diet is going well too...
    Nope not yet and it led to Mrs woddle giving out to me, I didn't want to let the end of the pancake mix go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Woddle were we speaking in the George Payne??? If not apologies as I was trying to say hello to everyone and put names on faces :confused:

liamo123 wrote: »
    Woddle were we speaking in the George Payne??? If not apologies as I was trying to say hello to everyone and put names on faces :confused:

Not sure, so many new faces. We left early enough aswell, I think I was scaring the other half with my karaoke talk :D
    Were you the 20 a day smoker who still ran sub 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Not sure, so many new faces. We left early enough aswell, I think I was scaring the other half with my karaoke talk :D
    Were you the 20 a day smoker who still ran sub 3?

Im that fool alright.....Tried so many times to give up and off them again since Wednesday so im taking one day at a time atm........ I was really surprised with my time in Barca so thats given me the motivation to crack the habbit 4 good and give either Berlin or Dublin a right good lash....

liamo123 wrote: »
    Im that fool alright.....Tried so many times to give up and off them again since Wednesday so im taking one day at a time atm........ I was really surprised with my time in Barca so thats given me the motivation to crack the habbit 4 good and give either Berlin or Dublin a right good lash....

Yep we were talking so. I wa playing sarsfield in the darts and neither of us could hit the double so he gave up leaving me with a deserved victory.
    Congrats on the super time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

*Cough Cough*
    You're not pulling another woddle are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I have a confirmed sighting of the Woddle male, Marlay Park last Saturday. Running, and chatting, and chatting about running, for several miles.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Them that chat while running arent doing it right.

I have a confirmed sighting of the Woddle male, Marlay Park last Saturday. Running, and chatting, and chatting about running, for several miles.:)

training in secret eh?

good stuff Woddle, we'll be back to our best in no time

Great to see so many logs going well.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    *Cough Cough*
    You're not pulling another woddle are you?

I thought we changed that to pulling an RQ :D
    I've been doing a small bit. I picked up a groin injury a week or 2 back and that was causing me a bit of hassle but that seems to be sorted now but I injured my ankle playing football on Tuesday. It's still a little tender but I should be able to get out. On a good note, I've signed up for the adidas 5 and 10 mile.

I don't pull out of races how can you pull an RQ when I don't (generally) pull out of races? :P That sounds like some crap menopause would spout on one of his "I KNOW EVERYTHING" rants!

Maybe you did, but I never said any such thing. It will only ever be known as pulling a Woddle
    I don't pull out of races how can you pull an RQ when I don't (generally) pull out of races? :P That sounds like some crap menopause would spout on one of his "I KNOW EVERYTHING" rants!

While I most certainly do know everything, I deny al the above allegations :pac:

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” :P

• Advertisement

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” :P

You can say that again ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    You can say that again ;)

Predictable response. Thats why I deleted the rest of my post. :pac:

Edit: Note how I knew you would respond that way.

The ankle took longer than normal to heal so I've been on the bike the last few days, just to feel like I was doing sth.
    Yesterday went on a small run with my 7 year old who was on her new bike and I couldn't keep up.
    This morning I got up early and did 5. Really enjoyed it and it didn't feel too bad. Last week I ran with DP and we kept the pace slow but I struggled alot and had to walk a few times but I'm putting that down to a bug that was going round our house.

Thats great Woddle, pity about the couple of injuries and the bug but the commitment is obviously there in spades.

I was already to go for a run at about 4pm, the plan was the second my wife came in from work I'd be gone but she had a shltty day in work so I didn't get out till about 7:30pm which was about an hour after dinner, I felt so bloated and hated every mile but glad I got out.
    5.5 miles (garmin froze about halfway but it's a route I know)

I bought a new pair of runners (mizuno wave rider), hopefully they'll arrive on Thursday.
    I also went through all my running gear to see what fits, now that we're getting into some decent weather. I made 3 piles. Pile 1 - will never wear again. Pile 2 - can wear when I lose a few more pounds. Pile 3 - can wear now, only 2 items made it into this pile, a rude awakening to how fat I've got in such a small time frame, so yet another promise from me to me, no more **** food, it's time to cop on a little. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Delighted to see you back running. deffo keep posting each run for accountability. It seems when your not posting you stop running.

The weight will take care of itself once your running regular although giving up a few things will give you a quick loss and that can add to motivation and get you on a roll.

I went football last night and put in a good effort and the legs felt it today. Still I managed to get out for 5 miles in the lovely sun shine. I had to walk a couple of times but thats ok for now.
    I'm also going to have to make up a few playlists, starting to get really bored of marathon talk, I'm finding myself tuning out and not really listening.

Forgot to say I'm also thinking of doing the Bunclody tri again just to see how many minutes I can knock off, registration opened yesterday.

Forgot to say I'm also thinking of doing the Bunclody tri again just to see how many minutes I can knock off, registration opened yesterday.

When is this on? Might be a good one for me to make a terrible attempt at!

When is this on? Might be a good one for me to make a terrible attempt at!

It's in July the week before the adidas 5 mile I think the 9th. It's an ideal one to start off, the fact that the swim is done in a pool is what sold me last year.

• Advertisement

About 6 miles this afternoon. This was my toughest run back so far, for some reason I decided to head towards the mountains and I shouldn't have, I'm really not ready for it yet and am now wrecked but nice to have done it but I'll leave that route alone for a few weeks. Very warm out there and I'm still sporting a pink/purple face.
    First target I'm setting for myself is to run 10 miles without stopping and I'll give myself the next 14 days to do it.

Advertisement