Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options
  • 31-03-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

Time to start a new Fair City thread.

Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting:

Soap Opera Charter - *** November 20th, 2013 ***

The Rules:

There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted)

Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site)

Before starting a new thread, please check see if there is already a similar thread existing. (Duplicate threads will be removed)

Any "off topic" posts will be edited, closed or deleted without warning.
    Remember, not everyone may have seen a TV show.

If you are giving away plot points, please use the spoiler tag.
    To do this, put (spoiler) (/spoiler) around the text. (replace the () brackets with [] brackets.)

It will then look like this:
    This is a spoiler

Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. In fact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

Charter Update - January 14th, 2013

There have been several reported posts lately of lewd comments on this forum. Nobody wants to read crap about "what you'd do" to to a character of the opposite sex (or similar sexual comments). It's crass and childish. Lewd comments will earn a one week ban from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 4th, 2013

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors that appear in your favourite soaps (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a one week ban from this forum from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned.

Charter Update - January 24th, 2015.

Only moderators are authorised to post details of card/infractions/bans in this forum. If posters engage in this practice they will incur a one week ban.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

If there are any queries/problems, you can send a PM to one of the forum mods.

Old Fair City Threads

Fair City v6

Fair City v5

Fair City v4

Fair City v3

Fair City v2

Fair City v1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So Callum is back for good then? Despite him saying 2 weeks ago "Ah ill see how it goes"- where did he think he was going to stay?? Just burden himself in the Brennan household- in the spare room next to Oisin? Rachels old room? And did he just expect Paul to hand him a job with regular money? Is there nobody in Barcelona that hes missing or would prefer to spend holidays with?? Ridiculous script writing with him.
    Elsewhere, Katy paints Rose to look like a constipated goat and yet gets every single nuance of Stripeys eyebrows perfectly in sync! You are wasted in that cell dear. I used to look forward to the KT storyline but now they have dragged it out and beaten its corpse so bad now that it currently falls into the "Decco/KerriAnn, Damien/Caoimhe" category of personal interest ie IM NOT!
    A real shame, could have been a cracking story but they left it fester too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Dermo was going to hire a guy with a van to pick up his Xmas tree. Ffs! Ciaran has forgotten Sex Cop 2000 already! Whaaaaaaaaat was the point of that crap with Nora & Caddle? So is Jane going to try and get 10% cut of Derm's 50% of Paul's cash? Even though her own son is Paul's eldest son. If Callum played his cards right he could inherit the lot! Now could everyone shut up talking about Jack's Da!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dermot could've bought his tree from the Spar across the road from his house - clearly not a believer in shopping local then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Also, did anyone else notice the state of Emmeh in KT's painting? His neck was wider than his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Ah jaysus!! KTs painting gave me the biggest lol of 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm so detached from this god awful K T story that the whole painting thing went right over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Wasn't there a PLAN between Nicole and Osion to fleece Paul :confused: whatever happened to that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

When was the painting shown? I must have missed it.

Wasn't there a PLAN between Nicole and Osion to fleece Paul :confused: whatever happened to that? :rolleyes:

It was swallowed up by Niamh's hostile takeover plan. Similar to a company merger..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha Fair city xtra clip on the player, I have the same Christmas jumper as Dermot, it's a light up Christmas jumper from Penneys, he has good taste Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Hailey under the bed reminded me of that scene from Mr Woodcock. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Farrah, Pierce, Deco and Ama

Tyrion-Lannister-Grey-Worm-Missandei-and-Daenerys-Targaryen-tyrion-lannister-39739957-500-333.jpg

I am still ROTFL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10664770/

Above is RayM's link to the 1990 Fair City Christmas special with Eoghan. Excellent post. It deserves to be linked incase anyone hasn't seen it.

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

I'm surprised ciaran didn't buy a colouring book for Katy to keep her occupied.

Niamh is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I'm surprised ciaran didn't buy a colouring book for Katy to keep her occupied.

At first I thought it was a selection box he had brought her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Is this the first time that we hear about Louie sending his kid a present? I'm getting the feeling that we may see Louie back soon in fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

dee_mc wrote: »
    Also, did anyone else notice the state of Emmeh in KT's painting? His neck was wider than his head!

He does a lot of foreign travel. He might have the Zica virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Niamh inviting Jane and Nicola to Christmas dinner made me put my head in my hands. As IF they'd want to go there for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Spoiler for next Wednesday....and NO, this isn't an old spoiler from October!
    Katy formulates a plan to escape her cell

Jesus wept!

• Advertisement

Niamh is a pain.

Plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Niamh is a pain.

Niamh is a weird individual. She seemed to be nearly getting off on the idea of having sex with Paul with Hayley in the room listening. If she hates the two of them that much, what is she even still doing in the "marriage"? She's going to come out of the Plan looking all bitter and twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

is there any mention of the plan in the '90 episode?

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    is there any mention of the plan in the '90 episode?

No. But it did keep me on the edge of my seat. Will Mrs O'Hanlon make the mince pies? Will Helen wear the earrings Bela gave her? Will Anne cook the Christmas dinner? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

youwould wrote: »
    No. But it did keep me on the edge of my seat. Will Mrs O'Hanlon make the mince pies? Will Helen wear the earrings Bela gave her? Will Anne cook the Christmas dinner? :P

i turned off after 10mins, funny i used to think the acting got worse as the show got older, never have i been so wrong.

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    i turned off after 10mins, funny i used to think the acting got worse as the show got older, never have i been so wrong.

Ah I liked it a lot tbh. I love seeing old episodes of shows that don't have reruns.

youwould wrote: »
    Ah I liked it a lot tbh. I love seeing old episodes of shows that don't have reruns.

I enjoyed it too. I wonder what was the terrible thing that Barry O'Hanlon was (falsely) accused of? And who was the woman in Nottingham that Bela was ringing (his mistress obviously)?

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Niamh inviting Jane and Nicola to Christmas dinner made me put my head in my hands. As IF they'd want to go there for dinner.

Wasn't Mumbles sitting at xmas dinner last year with Niamh and Paulio?

walshb wrote: »
    Wasn't Mumbles sitting at xmas dinner last year with Niamh and Paulio?

Must have been two years ago, he was already dead this time last year.

• Advertisement

Niamh is not the long suffering wife. Paul is pathetic but I hope Niamh fails in her big scheme. She is just too irritating to feel sorry for. It isn't a million years ago that she was with Michael and missed Rachel. Now, Rachel is gone and she sends Ruth off to be with her for christmas. It is a ridiculous plot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement