Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Le Cheval

Excuse me for being out of the loop, but is there no episode tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Not until Christmas day, @8.25pm, rte1 Paul (aka scrooge) and his ghosts of christmas past ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh is not the long suffering wife. Paul is pathetic but I hope Niamh fails in her big scheme. She is just too irritating to feel sorry for. It isn't a million years ago that she was with Michael and missed Rachel. Now, Rachel is gone and she sends Ruth off to be with her for christmas. It is a ridiculous plot.

Niamh and Paul are long termers who wont leave therefore any storylines connected to them are devoid of tension. We all know that in Christmas 2017 Paul and Niamh will still be together so why even bother with all this Plan crap???

• Registered Users Posts: 85,142 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where does Ciaran do Katy's washing and buy her lady products from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

How come Don Paulio wasn't in the 90's episode. Wasn't he in FC since the start?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

bazermc wrote: »
    How come Don Paulio wasn't in the 90's episode. Wasn't he in FC since the start?

In it since 1989 but mustn't have been involved in any storylines for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Strazdas wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too. I wonder what was the terrible thing that Barry O'Hanlon was (falsely) accused of? And who was the woman in Nottingham that Bela was ringing (his mistress obviously)?

Didn't Mrs. O'Hanlon say something about assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

dee_mc wrote: »
    Also, did anyone else notice the state of Emmeh in KT's painting? His neck was wider than his head!
    Cormdogg wrote: »
    Ah jaysus!! KTs painting gave me the biggest lol of 2016

Katys%20painting_zpspazsjpq0.jpg:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,040 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    Didn't Mrs. O'Hanlon say something about assault?

Was he a school teacher or school head principal at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No. She lived next door to The Royles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

dee_mc wrote: »
    Also, did anyone else notice the state of Emmeh in KT's painting? His neck was wider than his head!
    Cormdogg wrote: »
    Ah jaysus!! KTs painting gave me the biggest lol of 2016

Katys%20painting_zpspazsjpq0.jpg:)

When I saw it first my eyes lit up as I thought she had drawn the Ram in !!!! But alas his acceptance will be belated and he will have Farrah screaming "meeeeeeeeeeeeeee raaammmmmmmn" by the time she gets out!!

Come to think of it Glenrose looks like Leo in it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I feel cheated by FC this week, they're holding back two episodes that should have been shown this week, the feckers are keeping them for Christmas 🎄 day..... 😠 😖 :(

I feel cheated by FC this week, they're holding back two episodes that should have been shown this week, the feckers are keeping them for Christmas 🎄 day..... 😠 😖 :(

They've actually chopped an episode for Christmas (!) :rolleyes: A Wednesday episode and a double header on Christmas Day means we're an episode down this week. It seems the spirit of Scrooge is alive and well at RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Naw, think he got kicked out of teaching when he started having it off with a pupil...... niamh?

He's due a comeback I reckon.

Is Paul selling his house or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Naw, think he got kicked out of teaching when he started having it off with a pupil...... niamh?

He's due a comeback I reckon.

Is Paul selling his house or something?

The Niamh episode was 6 years later, 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

what else do you expect? It is RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

what else do you expect? It is RTE!

Ah, you're right Silverligh. .... We, we the staunch FC fans need to shut up and be grateful for the breadcrumbs they serve us.. ;) Ha!

Be it positive or negative, I really think we here on this thread are the real fans of FC.!

"Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned."

This Mod Rule brings back the memories!! Anyone remember the Boards.ie FC Thread Civil War against Stephen Jokes almost four years ago!
    Literally divided the thread into "Stephenites" and "StephenHaters"... The vitriol so strong, democracy had to step in and the posters went to the polls to decide whether Stephen Jokes would be Banned! It was close but the key difference was that the Stephenites couldn't draw support from those who voted "they weren't bothered"
    The StephenHaters, therefore won the vote (50.51% against Stephen Jokes) and the rest is history!

We all know the result from that monumental landmark referendum but for old times sake, here is a throwback for those who fancy some reminiscing or to the recently joined members!

The Poll Result overshadowed even Paddy Bishops death, both events happening on the same day!

Both Paddy and Stephen thrown to the lions on the same day!

Boards FC Thread, got to love it!!

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056852864&page=450

Happy Christmas!

eda6e08effdf16a3fce55eaff7fe5476.jpg

icon-lesson-plans.png

free-ecards-Funny-Santa-755.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cheers TB.

Have a good one, folks

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Happy Xmas to all the fair city boardsies! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Heres to a 2017 of gripping non-predictable storylines and fresh characters.......

Happy New Year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Who's Stephen?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Who's Stephen?
    Modern-Family-gather-round.gif

Stephen is to Fair City as Tracy is to Eastenders! An old style mute barman!

Modern-Family-gather-round.gif

Stephen is to Fair City as Tracy is to Eastenders! An old style mute barman!

I notice there was a "Baby Stephen McCoy" in the 1990 episode. Is that the same person? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Happy Christmas to all rhe Fair City Boardsies! Thanks for all the laughs in 2016. Here's to lots more in 2017. ðŸ˜ðŸŽ…

I notice there was a "Baby Stephen McCoy" in the 1990 episode. Is that the same person? :D

All I will say is Stephen was mute, not impotent............ Read of that what you will,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The actor playing Darren Doyle in 1990 was called Paul Brennan! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,142 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why would Hayley go to the Brennan house for Christmas day dinner, does her big family not live close by supposedly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement