Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part IV - Just Another Manic Bundee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

connachta wrote: »
    We've been poor recently but When I look for Bristol, it's conforting. To know Lam will coach a club which deserves its relagation, whatever the outcome is in the end, is heartbreaking.. He made the move for understandable reason, but sure he'll regret Connacht qualities. Same for Jackman, Grenoble is going to be a 2nd tier club in 5 months if not before
    On another note
    1) Good to see Georges Naoupu currently playing more than an hour of rugby with Quins. Really don't have space for him with Muldoon/SOB/McKeon/Dawai/Masterson now back. Makes the right move to finish his career.
    2) Will Muldoon be the 1st player to get 300th caps with the Same pro team? I know McCarthy did but with 2 diff provinces. Cueto with Sale, did appaarently but not sure. Brown on his way too, but has 15 to catch from John. Legend on his way!
    3) Next season each on the Irish Pronvinces will have a young IQ beast between 105 and 110 kg, and with decent experience, to play centre
    Munster : Farrell
    Connacht : Robb
    Leinster : Ringrose
    Ulster : McCloskey
    Funny (not for the opposite tacklers :D)!
    Connachta I think you better check your scales for Ringrose. Give me technique over size any day.

Gosh you're right I was convinced he was above 100. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Finlay might be out next week.

Looks like he took a decent bang to the head.

https://goo.gl/lJ1a6t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Dillane ankle - 5 to 6 weeks, going to miss atleast start of 6N
    Muldoon hamstring
    Fox Dislocated Rib (didn't know what was that was a thing)
    Carty called up to extended Irish Squad but unable to train though (actually he may have taken a knock at this camp) and Blade is covering Out-half if Jack unable play against Ospreys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭b.gud

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Dillane ankle - 5 to 6 weeks, going to miss atleast start of 6N
    Muldoon hamstring
    Fox Dislocated Rib (didn't know what was that was a thing)
    Carty called up to extended Irish Squad but unable to train though and Blade is covering Out-half if Jack unable play against Ospreys

Fair play to Carty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Wasn't it concussion Shane O'Leary was suffering from? Been out for a worrying length of time.

• Advertisement

Oh FFS That's enough IRFU can let us struggling with 1 flyhalf out of 4, but not with nil angry.pngshocked.pngsick.png
    Blade as 10, even with Cooney back to kick, would be a disaster. Give Cathal Marsh a 1 month Contract/loan and avoid diving into nonsense

Good news is Fox may be back for Toulouse then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Oh FFS That's enough IRFU can let us struggling with 1 flyhalf out of 4, but not with nil angry.pngshocked.pngsick.png
    Blade as 10, even with Cooney back to kick, would be a disaster. Give Cathal Marsh a 1 month Contract/loan and avoid diving into nonsense

Good news is Fox may be back for Toulouse then.

I'd be surprised if Marsh went. He's only just back from a long layoff himself. Besides until sexton proves himself fit, marsh is one of only two out halfs at Leinster

Give Cathal Marsh a 1 month Contract/loan and avoid diving into nonsense

Pretty sure he's injured at the minute, Leinster are down to Byrne as their only fit outhalf right now, though Sexton is due back any time now
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Archives of Pain: Week 17. New information in bold.

I've tried to re-order things with the players at the top returning soonest and the outright mysteries towards the bottom. All input welcome.

Player|Injury|Date of Injury|Expected Return
    Finlay Bealham|Stomach Blerch|Munster (H)|Flat 7-Up & Paracetemol
    Matt Healy|Stomach Blerch|Munster (H)|Flat 7-Up & Paracetemol
    Nepia Fox-Matamua|Rib|Munster (H)|TBA
    Jack Carty|Calf|Training - Pre-Ospreys (A)|TBA
    Ultan Dillane|Ankle|Ulster (A)|4-6 Weeks?
    John Muldoon|Hamstring|Training - Pre Ospreys (H)|1-2 weeks?
    Stacey Ili|Ankle|Wasps (A)|Back Running
    Cian Kelleher|Hamstring|Wasps (A)|Back Running
    Craig Ronaldson|Thigh|Cardiff (H)|Mid-January
    Josh Rowland|Ankle - Surgery|Unknown|January
    Bundee Aki|Ankle - Surgery|Ulster (A)|Mid-February
    Ronan Loughney|Knee|Training|Surgery - Mid-February
    Ivan Soroka|Foot|AIL|Mid-February
    Andrew Browne|Ankle-Surgery|Dragons (A)|Mid-February
    Darragh Leader|Hand|Pre-Season|February
    Marnitz Boshoff|Shoulder - Surgery|Treviso (H)|March
    Conor Carey|Ankle|Wasps (H)|Mid-March
    Eoin Griffin|Chest|AIL (Early November)|March
    Dominic Robertson-McCoy|Shoulder|Training - Pre Wasps (H)|Rehab
    Shane O'Leary|Concussion|Training|Protocols
    Ben Marshall|Concussion|Last Season|Unknown
    Eoghan Masterson|Knee|Last Season|Rehab - Soon

As Dave Finn points out on Twitter, we may see Luke Carty at this rate. Anyone have Mark McHugh's number?

b.gud wrote: »
    Give Cathal Marsh a 1 month Contract/loan and avoid diving into nonsense

Pretty sure he's injured at the minute, Leinster are down to Byrne as their only fit outhalf right now, though Sexton is due back any time now
    giphy.gif
    I'll take the muppet, no other solution than a NIQ cover, we really REALLY need it (not the same as.. hum)

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    As Dave Finn points out on Twitter, we may see Luke Carty at this rate. Anyone have Mark McHugh's number?

the42 quotes Lam as saying that Blade is outhalf cover if Carty is not able to make it this weekend

ps great work on the expected return for Bealham & Healy :)

The Archives of Pain: Week 17. New information in bold.

As Dave Finn points out on Twitter, we may see Luke Carty at this rate.
    a 19 y.o or a small scrum-half? Guys, everybody is getting insane here? Are we playing Ospreys and Toulouse or underage rugby?  In ANY pro team, any country, even for 2nd tier rugby, even with no budget, a cover would have been signed. We can't play without OH at all.
    Even Cusack for a month, even Dan Parks, but SIGN someone!:angry:

ps great work on the expected return for Bealham & Healy :)
    Yeah I've tried it in Dublin after a burgerking, I was about to die, then I fully recovered in less than a day with 7up/paracetamol diet. True story :D

a 19 y.o or a small scrum-half? Guys, everybody is getting insane here? Are we playing Ospreys and Toulouse or underage rugby?  In ANY pro team, any country, even for 2nd tier rugby, even with no budget, a cover would have been signed. We can't play without OH at all.

AFAIK Carty doesn't play scrum half, are you think of Conor McKeon maybe? Luke Carty has played 10 and 12 for the Eagles this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Eric's still knocking about, isn't he... :D

(only :D cos if you didn't laugh you'd cry)

AFAIK Carty doesn't play scrum half, are you think of Conor McKeon maybe? Luke Carty has played 10 and 12 for the Eagles this year
    No was referring to Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I think the 19 y o referred to is Luke Carty and the small scrum half is Blade.

We really are down to the bare bones. Conor McKeon could be an option tho

No was referring to Blade

Ah right mis-read your post, i missed out on the or

Zzippy wrote: »
    Eric's still knocking about, isn't he... :D

(only :D cos if you didn't laugh you'd cry)

Surely we can tempt Andy Goode over with the promise of plenty of Guinness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Surely we can tempt Andy Goode over with the promise of plenty of Guinness
    Rename a certain pub on Newcastle Road to Goode's Thatch Bar...

CRwtI7WWEAAHvMc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Trying to convince a team to let go of a 10 that's half decent this late in a season would be a miracle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Carty picked up a minor calf injury and hasn't even been ruled out of this weekend's game. There isn't a load of pro-level players just hanging around waiting to be picked up on short-term deals.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    I think the 19 y o referred to is Luke Carty and the small scrum half is Blade.

We really are down to the bare bones. Conor McKeon could be an option tho
    I had supported McKeon option here, but it was to play 10 min from the bench. Not to start.
    Would I have been Lam, I'd put a serious pressure on IRFU, publicly  saying "help us to sign a cover or we forefeit"
    We're not down to bare bone, there's no bone at all. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I had supported McKeon option here, but it was to play 10 min from the bench. Not to start.
    Would I have been Lam, I'd put a serious pressure on IRFU, publicly saying "help us to sign a cover or we forefeit"
    I thought there was no restriction on Connacht signing NIE players?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

We got brought into those rules over the past couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Would I have been Lam, I'd put a serious pressure on IRFU, publicly  saying "help us to sign a cover or we forefeit"
    We lost McGinty and couldn't sign Mitch Lam because they were NIE.
    The fact that McGinty was NIE due to a malfunctioning IRFU development strategy  when he was coming through the Leinster academy system makes it a complete farce altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The IRFU really need to clarify the rules around the NIQs in both Connacht and the other provinces. Connacht have about 10 non Irish qualified and project players which would imply the rules font apply. Yet when they're in dire straits they can't sign one to solve a desperate situation. It seems very hit and miss as a system

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The fact that McGinty was NIE due to a malfunctioning IRFU development strategy  when he was coming through the Leinster academy system makes it a complete farce altogether.

MacGinty made a choice to play for the US in fairness.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The IRFU really need to clarify the rules around the NIQs in both Connacht and the other provinces. Connacht have about 10 non Irish qualified and project players which would imply the rules font apply. Yet when they're in dire straits they can't sign one to solve a desperate situation. It seems very hit and miss as a system

Dawai and Boshoff are the only NIE players in Connacht
    Fox-Matamua, Ili, Aki and McCartney (both iq next season) are the project players

So no we don't have 10 non Irish qualified and project players we have 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The fact that McGinty was NIE due to a malfunctioning IRFU development strategy when he was coming through the Leinster academy system makes it a complete farce altogether.
    McGinty didnt come trough the academy system. He was involved in underage sides and not good enough at time to go further with other options better at the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement