Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part IV - Just Another Manic Bundee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Bazzo wrote: »
    Squad update has them both back training his week. Not ideal to have them both starting just coming back from injury but not exactly like we've a lot of choice.

I read this as they be back training but not available for selection:

Jake Heenan is due to reintegrate into training with the squad this week following his knee and ankle injuries sustained in the Wasps round 3 game.

Peter Robb is due to reintegrate into training with the squad this week following his thigh injury.

Edit: but hopefully I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

For me training with the squad means they are in, which is matching what was announced for Heenan last week
    Hope desperatly so.

Imo, top 6 is over till Dragons away, more than ever after Cardiff win, but for the unstoppable optimistics, at least Scarlets have lost with no BP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Conor says thanks for the well wishes. They're close to signing temporary cover for him and he'll be back training asap. He has a tear in the Liss Franc ligament so will take longer than a bone fracture to heal. He had a moon boot on the whole time and has crutches and a leg scooter. He can't put any weight on it yet.

Conor says thanks for the well wishes. They're close to signing temporary cover for him and he'll be back training asap. He has a tear in the Liss Franc ligament so will take longer than a bone fracture to heal. He had a moon boot on the whole time and has crutches and a leg scooter. He can't put any weight on it yet.
    thanks for your feedback. Your cousin is the best "surprise" in our signings this season, I hope Connacht will offer him to play in a European Champions Cup Quarter-final on the 1st/2nd of April!

I'm not right just as many times as a broken clock, but a little more
    I've predicted this and I'm really happy about it btw
    http://www.vodacomrugby.co.za/connacht-recruit-former-prop-for-coaching-role/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Why is Dawai always number 23 of all numbers?

He won't if Robb/Brenann aren't fully fit, he'll be n°12 against Munster. Make or break situation but I'm confident he'd do ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Outside back cover wears 23.

Lam prevented from signing his son Mitch on a short term deal as injury cover because he's NIQ and Munster can extend Taute's deal.

One rule for one...

Munster have been given a ridiculous leg up this year. Bailed out by the IRFU to the tune of 4 million and then able to sign 4 lads mid season from the Super 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

connachta wrote: »
    He won't if Robb/Brenann aren't fully fit, he'll be n°12 against Munster. Make or break situation but I'm confident he'd do ok.
    Outside back cover wears 23.

Lam prevented from signing his son Mitch on a short term deal as injury cover because he's NIQ and Munster can extend Taute's deal.

One rule for one...

Munster have been given a ridiculous leg up this year. Bailed out by the IRFU to the tune of 4 million and then able to sign 4 lads mid season from the Super 15.

But is this guy a back rower or an outside back? I thought he was a backrow forward. He was 23 against Wasps and came on at 6 didnt he?

But is this guy a back rower or an outside back? I thought he was a backrow forward. He was 23 against Wasps and came on at 6 didnt he?

He's a back rower who can cover centre in emergency

He'll come on and play in the back row if he's not needed in centre

For what its worth,he looks a cracking player. When everyone is fit, there'll be some serious x factor in the team with Dawai in the back row and Bundee in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Where are you getting 4 million from?

case885 wrote: »

Thomond Park debt due

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Probably the same place as "Super 15"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Don't think you can have Tom starting as hooker and two hookers on the bench. If Tom goes off injured then there is no replacement LH, so you have not met the required regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Thomond Park debt due

The 1.9 million deficit i agree shouldn't be happening, the debt which has been discussed many a time already but those repayment schedules were far too ambitious trying to pay off 15 million over 10 years. It will be paid off over a longer period of time.
    Have connacht ever run at a profit?
    Who's going to pay for the new stadium ye're CEO is always on about?

Shelflife wrote: »
    Don't think you can have Tom starting as hooker and two hookers on the bench. If Tom goes off injured then there is no replacement LH, so you have not met the required regulations.
    I wondered myself, but the Pro 12 rules just indicates "6 front row players". I think it's Connacht's choice to take the risk to finish the game without any LH, uncontested scrums and 14 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

The 1.9 million deficit i agree shouldn't be happening, the debt which has been discussed many a time already but those repayment schedules were far too ambitious trying to pay off 15 million over 10 years. It will be paid off over a longer period of time.

I don't think any province run at a profit, all are subsidised by the Irfu , some more than others.

Not too bothered by the debt being restructured as crippling Munster with the repayments would not serve Irish rugby any good. What annoys me is that Connacht had a small in comparison deficit that was blown out of all proportion by the media and yet the huge financial mismanagement in Munster is glossed over by them.

Shelflife wrote: »

I don't think any province run at a profit, all are subsidised by the Irfu , some more than others.

Not too bothered by the debt being restructured as crippling Munster with the repayments would not serve Irish rugby any good. What annoys me is that Connacht had a small in comparison deficit that was blown out of all proportion by the media and yet the huge financial mismanagement in Munster is glossed over by them.
    + Taute allowed to stay but not Mitch Lam (When Connacht is without ANY solution at 12 -McSharry, Aki, Robb, Ronaldson, O'Leary, Bennan, Poolman all injured-)

No province runs at a profit as they're propped up by the IRFU. Connacht could potentially make the union plenty of money by advancing in Europe but by barely being able to put out a team is not going to help that. We ran at a loss of a couple of hundred grand a few seasons ago when we had a rogue CEO in charge and the media nearly wanted Connacht wound up.

There's been some serious financial mismanagement in Munster yet they seem to be rewarded for it, getting a raft of new experienced players mid season.

Connacht could have really kicked on this year if they were able to adequately replace the players who departed. It's very frustrating that we seem to have to suffer to bail out Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Not being allowed to sign Lam as injury cover is infuriating if true. If Carty goes down what are we supposed to do, have Tiernan O'Halloran starting outhalf for the first time since 2nd year at Garbally? Call up someone from AIL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Connacht are three point favourites.
    I have my doubts but the early money seems to be going on us!

We should have a decent starting team but I'd be worried about the bench.
    Could we build up enough of a lead in the first 60 mins?

Call up someone from AIL?

For 12, as Ronaldson shouldn't be rushed back (just before Toulouse decider would be enough), I would sign Colm O'Shea. Disappeared from the radar since his short deal with Munster this September, can't find if he plays in AIL though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Saw SOB2.0 in a boot in town today, surely he's not fit? Haven't heard any reports on it. Robb was with him who seemed to be moving around fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Not being allowed to sign Lam as injury cover is infuriating if true. If Carty goes down what are we supposed to do, have Tiernan O'Halloran starting outhalf for the first time since 2nd year at Garbally? Call up someone from AIL?
    There is guys in squad who've played 10 quite bit before but not for a while. Parata and others have played there at or near provincial age grade/national age grade but above that I don't know.
    Who realistically can you call from Wegians/Buccs/Corinthians?
    d-gal wrote: »
    Saw SOB2.0 in a boot in town today, surely he's not fit? Haven't heard any reports on it. Robb was with him who seemed to be moving around fine
    SOB wont be fit.
    connachta wrote: »
    For 12, as Ronaldson shouldn't be rushed back (just before Toulouse decider would be enough), I would sign Colm O'Shea. Disappeared from the radar since his short deal with Munster this September, can't find if he plays in AIL though
    I don't think he is playing AIL with anyone but don't know for definite...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly thread name.

SOB 2.0 wasn't mentioned in the injury update

Can't be him?

We'll have nobody left

SOB 2.0 wasn't mentioned in the injury update

Can't be him?

We'll have nobody left

Dawai 6, Maloney 23?

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Dawai 6, Maloney 23?

McKeon 6 and Dawai 23

Would love to see Dawai get a start but he has to cover the backs

McKeon 6 and Dawai 23

McKeon not 8 though with Muldoon out?

• Advertisement

wp_rathead wrote: »
    McKeon 6 and Dawai 23

McKeon not 8 though with Muldoon out?
    James Connolly was brillant anytime he made his cameo for us. Not worried for back-row

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement