Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stronger getting older

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Park walk body weight dips 5, 5, 8

Dips have been hurting my shoulder for a long time, but not today. Might relook doing these in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Park walk body weight dips 5, 5, 8

Dips have been hurting my shoulder for a long time, but not today. Might relook doing these in the near future

Dips used to give my shoulder bother so I ditched them til the shoulder felt better and then brought them back in. Before long i was at square one again.

Dips used to give my shoulder bother so I ditched them til the shoulder felt better and then brought them back in. Before long i was at square one again.

I don’t know if dips caused my injury though. I think whatever niggle I had at the time didn’t suit dips. Niggle is gone now. If at any point dips start to hurt I’ll get rid of them

I don’t know if dips caused my injury though. I think whatever niggle I had at the time didn’t suit dips. Niggle is gone now. If at any point dips start to hurt I’ll get rid of them

Ah yeah. I wasn't saying dips are the cause of all shoulder injuries. Just to bin them if they are

Deadlift

125kg x 3
    135kg x 3
    145kg x 3
    155kg x 3
    165kg x 3

These were surprisingly easy. Nowhere near a plateau yet. What’s more surprising is that I didn’t use a belt at all. Prob the heaviest beltless triple I’ve ever done.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/rR9_lk8szH0/edit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not sure if it's my phone but link won't work

Not sure if it's my phone but link won't work

How bout now?

https://youtu.be/rR9_lk8szH0

Nice!

And before any eagle eyed viewer comments, the 2.5’s are behind the 10kg plate. Ye know, cause I’ve soo many viewers ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Super!!

• Advertisement

Ohp

42.5kg x 3
    45kg x 3
    47.5kg x 3
    50kg x 3
    52.5kg x 3

Last rep was 10.

Little or no time again today. I bought 7ft of 2” galvanised steel too and that’ll be used with my landmine attachment. It’ll save a little time swapping bars around between exercises

Squat

Toe squats to 100kg x 3

115kg x 2
    125kg x 2
    135kg x 2
    145kg x 1

Didn’t attempt the second 145 or 150’s. Time, or lack of it, has caught up with me. Not lifting frequently enough to progress. I’ll wrap this cycle up and re calculate and do my utmost best to at least squat twice a week. Me thinks early mornin stupid o clock is the way forward. The thoughts of it.
    I’m also 3kg down since January so that might have a small bearing on it too. But mostly frequency

5 hours using a pick to dig up big mothafcuker roots and weeds. My glutes, hamstrings, lower back and lats got a great workout and are veeerryy tired

Bench press

62.5kg x 5
    67.5kg x 5
    72.5kg x 5, 5, 4

Outa bed at 6.30am. Wasn’t too bad. Time enough for a quick workout. I’ll taper it back to 5.30 am. I’m kinda done with the program I was at because I’ve hit a wall. Once I readjust to early mornings I’ll start something new.

T bar row
    40kg x 3 x 15

Uses my new homemade landmine attached to the rack with 2” bar contraption. Think i need to drill a hole lower in the rack so I can at least start with the bar parallel. Weight was light and handy.

I have a GHR almost bought and my wishbone landmine Viking press thingy tat I pre ordered in October is due any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Uses my new homemade landmine attached to the rack with 2” bar contraption. Think i need to drill a hole lower in the rack so I can at least start with the bar parallel. Weight was light and handy.

I'm going to make one of these myself , the landmine attachments are a crazy price for what it is. Seen some lads done them with some pvc pipe and a castor wheel looks fairly handy.

Squat
    100kg x 2 x 3

Db Rev flys
    11kg x 5 x 12

These used to be just a warmup in between squats because they really warm up and loosen my shoulders. No harm logging them as the reps do add up

Ab wheel x 3 x 8

Surprisingly ok

I unpacked my ab wheel. I might try easier progressions on it. Fair play

I started off on 3 sets of 3 reps weeks ago

Decent video here on progressing on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCoAbI7uX0

Basically just progressing the distance out you go...It's at the furthest point from you that it's at its hardest so you just need to build to the full rollout.

Definitely start light. They are the worst DOMS you'll have if you overdo it. Ever.

I saw one with an incline bench rolling up the bench which seemed okay. That's a v good video though alf I might try that first
    Dtp I can't do one rep never mind 3x3 haha

• Advertisement

I saw one with an incline bench rolling up the bench which seemed okay. That's a v good video though alf I might try that first
    Dtp I can't do one rep never mind 3x3 haha

Best way to do it and make sure to not let your lower back go into extension is to brace hard. Probably might not seem as useful until you start going further out but a good habit to get into.

When I started, I didnt really get much from them mostly cos I was doing them wrong...lower back extended and hips sagging

Deadlift

60kg x 8
    80kg x 5
    100kg x 4
    120kg x 3 x 5

Took it very easy this morning. Waking up and getting up at this early hour is as easy as it always was.

Ab wheel

The doms that I thought that were light to touch on the surface went much deeper. I couldn’t complete 1 rep. Felt like I was gonna be torn in half. Even as I write this, I still think they’re light doms. Oh abwheel, you wan*er

How on Earth is a rep possible on this yoke

How on Earth is a rep possible on this yoke

What part can't you do?

What part can't you do?

I actually googled the movement and I was doing it wrong. I did a few reps handy enough. I plan on using it a good bit. Buns of steel n all that

I actually googled the movement and I was doing it wrong. I did a few reps handy enough. I plan on using it a good bit. Buns of steel n all that

Haha I was confused about what you were confused about.

No cheating with the pads too high on your thighs. Footplate nice and high too.

(I really just want you to be crippled by DOMS)

Haha I was confused about what you were confused about.

No cheating with the pads too high on your thighs. Footplate nice and high too.

(I really just want you to be crippled by DOMS)

Haha I’ll do them by the book. No point fooling myself doing half reps.

Looking forward to see what level of doms pain I can achieve

Haha I’ll do them by the book. No point fooling myself doing half reps.

Looking forward to see what level of doms pain I can achieve

Actually used to quite like using it. Starting out there is that moment where you wonder if your hamstrings are going to be torn off the bone.

The tutorial video I saw he described it as a back extension into a ham raise finished with calf raise. Does that sound right?

• Advertisement

The tutorial video I saw he described it as a back extension into a ham raise finished with calf raise. Does that sound right?

The calf raise bit sounds off but it's just the part where you eke the last bit of ROM out of it. Can't say I would have thought of that element if I was describing it though

Advertisement