Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just got this in my news feed for Facebook - it a tabletop Mario Cement Factory for sale on Facebook Marketplace (asking 130 yo-yos) . Looks pretty nice.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1875021145909176/

Disclaimer: The seller has nothing to do with me - I just though it might be of interest to someone here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thought that was sold on adverts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Operation Wolf 3 for sale, €950 yoyo's the asking price, not sure if that's a little or in dreamer territory

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade/16369264

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You'd really want to like thatgame, its seems a bit high for a niche cab I think.

You'd really want to like thatgame, its seems a bit high for a niche cab I think.

He has a big buck hunter too,
    I really really want one but the HD one with the twin guns and flat screen is a far better game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

950 seems very strong money for a dedicated shooter that isn’t a mint Time Crisis or HotD or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Didn't one of the lads here have that cab at one point? Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same unit.

Steep price alright, that's more of a price for the original game (and even a lot for that I'd imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It seems my idea of how much cabs cost was way off. I figured you'd be looking at €500-1000 for one that's practically broken. I've seen a shop in the UK selling refurbished likes of HotD4 for about €4-5k. It's the mid sized cab. No idea what they go for, but it sounds like older machines aren't massively expensive.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It seems my idea of how much cabs cost was way off. I figured you'd be looking at €500-1000 for one that's practically broken. I've seen a shop in the UK selling refurbished likes of HotD4 for about €4-5k. It's the mid sized cab. No idea what they go for, but it sounds like older machines aren't massively expensive.

Probably looking at home leisure direct,
    They sell to footballers and the like that dont know the value of things.

Master of the Universe

DaveyDave wrote: »

Jaysus no, not at all!

When you're hitting the 600-1000 mark you're looking at really nice, functional cabinets.

Good condition dedicated ones can go for a bit more, but they shouldn't be too much more (unless they're incredibly rare or something)

Standard, generic woody jamma cabinets should all be sub 500 euro imo. (and they'd really want to be in nice condition at the top end of that)

This all relates to Western cabs mind you, if you get into that mad addiction that is Japanese arcade machines it's a little different!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    This all relates to Western cabs mind you, if you get into that mad addiction that is Japanese arcade machines it's a little different!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Didn't one of the lads here have that cab at one point? Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same unit.

Steep price alright, that's more of a price for the original game (and even a lot for that I'd imagine)

Yikes that's a horrid price for that. That was my old cab I think I ended up selling for like 200e buck or something like that.

For the sheer size of any arcade machine, any dedicated cabs are madness unless it's one of your absolute favourite games. Hence my excuse for Sega Rally cab 😀

An odd one, maybe a game for the pin collectors here.
    It's certainly cheap enough, €325, but it's a Simpsons based coin redemption machine, Kooky Carnival.

http://www.adverts.ie/16410002

It's from Stern who make your pinball machines, but doesn't seem like much actual gameplay is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Mitch in there like a bullet! Haha

I'd have actually gotten that, meant to be a bit fun. Has a good few pin parts in I think

I figured it would share common parts with their other products.

The Simpsons fan in me would want it for that price :(

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

8Bitdo SF30 SN30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad USB C Retro Controller £14.86 delivered @ Ali Express

8Bitdo-SF30-SN30-2-4G-Wireless-Gamepad-Retro-Controller-with-2-4G-NES-Receiver-USB-C.jpg_640x640.jpg

8Bitdo-SF30-SN30-2-4G-Wireless-Gamepad-Retro-Controller-with-2-4G-NES-Receiver-USB-C.jpg

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/8bitdo-sf30-sn30-24g-wireless-gamepad-usb-c-retro-controller-1486-delivered-ali-express-2-colours-aval-3068421

Someone mentions in the comments that compared to the older Bluetooth version the diagonals are not as good but can be improved using electrical tape on the PCB.

Tread carefully with this one.
    The item description suggests the laser hasn't been tested with dvds which in turn indicates this is a pleasing paper weight.
    The inclusion of the PSX specific controller is cool, which has a longer cable than is typical because of the positioning of the controller ports at the back of the console.

You'd think having a Japanese console he'd have a game to test it? Unless I'm missing something...

I love the look of the PSX, I tend to prefer more squared designs like the Xperia phones, and being white is also a plus. Favourite looking PlayStation by far!

• Advertisement

If it's the person I think it is he doesn't have any Japanese PS2 games to test out, and that's one difficult console to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Doge wrote: »
    8Bitdo SF30 SN30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad USB C Retro Controller £14.86 delivered @ Ali Express

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/8bitdo-sf30-sn30-24g-wireless-gamepad-usb-c-retro-controller-1486-delivered-ali-express-2-colours-aval-3068421

Someone mentions in the comments that compared to the older Bluetooth version the diagonals are not as good but can be improved using electrical tape on the PCB.

Looks like it will be another £2.47 to ship to the south, Parcel Motel would be slightly more expensive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

http://www.adverts.ie/16498522

2 cabs. Unfortunately 1 must go.

I just ordered a Technics desktop cassette deck from a UK ebay seller.
    It had a Buy It Now Price of £70 and asked him if he would take £50 and he did which is a great price. He just had to enable the make offer button.

Moral of the story is he also sells Retro Games and said he would do discounts for retro gamers so I thought I'd link his shop here for potential bargains:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kennybuckle/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

EDIT: See post below for a code that gives 10% off eBay UK.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but if it gets someone on here a good deal it's worth sharing.
    You'll have to use Parcel Wizard / Motel / Address Pal
    Plenty of Sega bits on there, a ps one console etc..
    Bare in mind the PVM for 50 pound is parts only.

Also don't forget to make offers via message and get yourself. A deal.

Forgot to mention there's a 10% code off eBay UK today for purchases over £15 I think and upto £50 discount is allowed.

PUMPKINS

Is the code, you must enter it at checkout. Works on best offers also

Expires at 8pm apparently.

Doge wrote: »
    Forgot to mention there's a 10% code off eBay UK today for purchases over £15 I think and upto £50 discount is allowed.

PUMPKINS

Is the code, you must enter it at checkout. Works on best offers also

Expires at 8pm apparently.

I nearly spent 400e on an xbox one there.
    I managed to resist :o

On the topic of Black Friday keep in mind Smyths have to pick and confirm your order and the item may sell out before it's picked. Best to go in person if you can.

They cancelled a €1,200 order for 3 Xbox One S on me, ended up getting them in person. I'm pretty sure they used Verified by Visa so it obviously wasn't a fraudulent purchase.

sugarman wrote: »
    Also, on the topic of Smyths and bargains.. Rare replay on Xbox One is only a fiver now and in stock everywhere. Havent played it myself but i'll prob pick it up over the weekend to give it a bash at that price.
    Inviere wrote: »

Ahem! ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Two lovely looking little 6 inch PVMs over on adverts.

https://www.adverts.ie/monitors/sony-pvm-6041qm-pro-monitors/16518637

Downside, he wants 120 euro each which is a bit mad.

Advertisement