Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Northampton 17/12/16 19:45 - BT Sport2

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

ongarite wrote: »
    I read this morning that the EPRC are investigating them for fielding a weakened team.

Saw that on BBC but there doesn't seem to be any substance to it. The article says that they could investigate them if they wanted to.
    European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) officials will routinely examine all team selections before deciding whether Northampton have a case to answer.

EPCR will make a decision on whether to investigate the Saints on Monday.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38356283

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ongarite wrote: »
    I read this morning that the EPRC are investigating them for fielding a weakened team.
    Northampton may face an investigation by European Cup chiefs for fielding a weakened team in Saturday's 60-13 Champions Cup thrashing by Leinster.

The Premiership side rested Courtney Lawes, Tom Wood, Luther Burrell and Louis Picamoles for the trip to Dublin.

European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) officials will routinely examine all team selections before deciding whether Northampton have a case to answer.

EPCR will make a decision on whether to investigate the Saints on Monday.

They may face an investiagation. Basically a nothing story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38356283

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Hippo wrote: »
    Occasionally messy performance but overall you'd have to be happy with 60 points, notwithstanding Northampton's feeble effort. VdeF motm for me, constantly busy and effective, every intervention he made was positive. For anyone old enough to remember him, VdeF reminds me of Graham Mourie, the great NZ number 8 who began to redefine back row play in the late 70s early 80s, he never seemed to make a mistake.

s-l300.jpg

If Venjur could just photoshop the mo' and sideburns onto VDF

(he was a flanker not an 8 I think)

swiwi_ wrote: »

If Venjur could just photoshop the mo' and sideburns onto VDF

yZ8pMca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

swiwi_ wrote: »
    (he was a flanker not an 8 I think)

Apologies, my bad. Eh hungover...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

They may face an investiagation. Basically a nothing story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38356283

Their cast-iron defence would be "but Castres".

Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Their cast-iron defence would be "but Castres".

Case closed.

We sent out weakened teams last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

errlloyd wrote: »
    We sent out weakened teams last year.

Yes but didn't they actually win? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Teams have been fined for naming weakened squads in the Challenge Cup at the start of the season. Punishing teams for weak lineups would be a new one. I doubt it will happen.

Teams have been fined for naming weakened squads in the Challenge Cup at the start of the season. Punishing teams for weak lineups would be a new one. I doubt it will happen.

Yeah, I wonder would Leinster have named the team they did against Bath last year if this was a possible outcome. It'd be a pretty big shift and it'd be pretty unfair on Northampton after French teams doing it for years.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wonder would Leinster have named the team they did against Bath last year if this was a possible outcome. It'd be a pretty big shift and it'd be pretty unfair on Northampton after French teams doing it for years.

I can appreciate in round 1 or 2 if a team sends out an "A" team there maybe should be a remedy as there is always a team that didn't make it who would have played out of their skin.

That said, it's going to be very hard to police.

Anyway, it won't happen and even if it did - Northampton have much bigger problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

It'd be a joke. If EPC accept the squad NH submitted for the comp then they should be able to name any team they like from it, front row rules being obeyed etc.

Montpellier take just 1 point in Castres,

Leinster 16
    Montpellier 11
    Castres 9
    Northampton 4

A win now against Montpellier of any kind and we top the pool

8 points should be our target in the remaining two games really. Think we can beat both those teams.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd love to be top seed and get Toulon in the RDS

We owe those fcukers...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gamma001

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'd love to be top seed and get Toulon in the RDS

We owe those fcukers...

Would have loved some payback too but Toulon are basically out.

Edit: actually better to see them crash and burn in the group stages!

Advertisement