Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Northampton 17/12/16 19:45 - BT Sport2

Options
  • 16-12-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Appearing at the Ballindrome, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 (AKA Lansdowne Road, AKA The Aviva Stadium) on Saturday Evening, 17th December 2016 at 19:45

The Backlash!

Leinster||Northampton
    20.png
    ||
    9.png
    Zane Kirchner|15|Ahsee Tuala
    Adam Byrne|14|Ken Pisi
    Garry Ringrose|13|George Pisi (capt)
    Robbie Henshaw|12|JJ Hanrahan
    Isa Nacewa (capt)|11|Tom Collins
    Ross Byrne|10|Steve Myler
    Luke McGrath|9|Nic Groom
    Jack McGrath|1|Ethan Waller
    Sean Cronin|2|Charlie Clare
    Tadhg Furlong|3|Kieran Brookes
    Devin Toner|4|Api Ratuniyarawa
    Hayden Triggs|5|James Craig
    Sean O'Brien|6|Jamie Gibson
    Josh Van Der Flier|7|Calum Clark
    Jamie Heaslip|8|Teimana Harrison
    {colsp=3}
    Replacements

James Tracy|16|James Fish
    Cian Healy|17|Alex Waller
    Michael Bent|18|Paul Hill
    Rhys Ruddock|19|Michael Paterson
    Jack Conan|20|Ben Nutley
    Jamison Gibson-Park|21|Tom Kessell
    Noel Reid|22|Rory Hutchinson
    Rory O'Loughlin|23|James Wilson

Match Officials
    Referee Romain Poite (France)
    Touch Judge 1 Tual Trainini (France)
    Touch Judge 2 Mathieu Noirot (France)
    TMO Eric Briquet-Campin (France)
    Citing Commissioner Patrice Frantschi (France)

Overview
    Having been humiliated in their last encounter; both by the scoreline and the antics of their hooker and erstwhile captain, Northampton (not quite) Saints head to Dublin for the second leg of their back to back matches against their ritual humiliators Leinster. The head to head stats would suggest that this could well be another tough day at the office with the score standing 5-1 to the hosts.

Leinster
    Leinster, having been careless enough to lose both starting tens and a backup in the last month or so, have managed to find Ross Byrne down the back of the sofa and are hoping he can repeat the solid start he made to his European Rugby career last week. I'm sure Leocastempsy have drummed the hippocratic oath into him and he will 'first do no harm'. Ill-advised kicks to nowhere after a turnover will not be on the menu. Out-half aside, Leinster are playing with as full a deck as can be expected at this stage of the season and the team is bedecked with hardened initernationals. The Henrose partnership, though still in its infancy will be expected to find another gear and give us some more of these.

JCQ38582_rdax_658x370_80.jpg

Northampton
    The 'D' word will be uppermost in their minds (and I don't mean defence), having coughed up 14 penalties to 4 in the previous encounter. There will be some relief in the knowledge that the gift that keeps on giving will be cooling his heels on the sidelines in blazer and tie, but there are other not so saintly Saints to be watchful of as well. Not least the infamous Calum Clark in the back row. Northampton know they have to win this to have a chance (however slim) of staying in the compeitition and of Mallinder keeping his job. Expect fireworks in the opening quarter and whoever gains ascendancy in that crucial period will have a decent shot at winning the damn thing.

PANews%20BT_P-3d4579de-fc8e-462f-8624-d47ef4b4be5e_I1.jpg

Prediction
    Leinster need to hit the ground running and play the kind of clever rugby that had Northampton frustrated and scoreless last week. A bit of indiscipline from the visitors would also be a help. Unlike the last time these sides had back to back matches in European rugby, Leinster know that they have to expect a backlash and be prepared to fight for every inch of ground and grind out a score if needs be. The bookies have started with an ungenerous sixteen point margin in favour of the hosts and now extended that to eighteen points today. We can only hope...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Images aren't centered

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Table check
    Equal logos check

But
    {colsp=3)

Whats this doing in the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Images aren't centered
    That was an artistic decision.

The text isn't centred either :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Images aren't centered

And are touch judges not now referred to as assistant refs?

Stheno wrote: »
    Table check
    Equal logos check

But
    {colsp=3)

Whats this doing in the table?
    I'm an old timer and still use the old interface. The new one doesn't support the extended vBulletin table code :p

• Advertisement

The table columns are uneven in width.

it is a nice table though.

Stheno wrote: »
    And are touch judges not now referred to as assistant refs?
    Not according to EPCR. :p

You have to do better than that.

Although to be fair, I thought it was a bit odd too. But who am I to criticise the mighty EPCR?

Missing a fada on the "á" in Seán O'Brien

You have to do better than that.

I shall leave it to those more skilled :)

Anyway leinster to win with a tbp

Actually ive just noticed the use of the word Henrose :(

• Advertisement

The title is wrong, It's Leinster Rugby v Northampton Saints

The title is wrong, It's Leinster Rugby v Northampton Saints

/makes careful note to never ever do another match thread on here, got away with murder in the rwc

If Mark McCafferty told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?

They are Assistant Referees!

I think the most cripplingly disappointing thing about this match thread is how disappointed I was by how undisappointing it is.

I think the most cripplingly disappointing thing about this match thread is how disappointed I was by how undisappointing it is.

Yeah if one of the mods could come in with the editing tool and shit all over the formatting that would be great.

In fact that sounds like a job for awec...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It really isn't a great opening post. Multiple issues.

But I think we can all agree it's a massive improvement on last week's abomination.

Buer wrote: »
    It really isn't a great opening post. Multiple issues.

But I think we can all agree it's a massive improvement on last week's abomination.

Honestly looking at last week's one now, its like someone ate this week's one and then vomited it back up onto the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The only concern is that some of their second string will be out to make an impression and might lift their game.

But realistically, if Byrne has a decent game, we should be looking to win well.

The only concern is that some of their second string will be out to make an impression and might lift their game.

But realistically, if Byrne has a decent game, we should be looking to win well.

Sure who cares about that, what are your main complaints with the match thread?

• Site Banned Posts: 377 ✭✭Lake1989

Sure who cares about that, what are your main complaints with the match thread?

Graham Henry needs to be brought in to help improve match threads .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Remember when Venjur tried to make a thread last week?

.ak wrote: »
    Remember when Venjur tried to make a thread last week?

If I'd snuck in a picture of Darcy's beard you'd be declaring it the thread of the decade, a lazarus rising from the dead match thread, the Ian Nagle of match threads.

• Site Banned Posts: 377 ✭✭Lake1989

any idea how tickets sales are going for this?

Lake1989 wrote: »
    any idea how tickets sales are going for this?

Pretty good i tried to get some earlier this week and they were 58 a head

Well thank you all, I think. ;)

When you consider that I was in the door at six-thirty, had a bite to eat, erected a ten foot christmas tree and did a match thread and back in the car to collect the other half from Christmas drinks at eight, it's not that bad.

Just think what I could have done if I'd had ten minutes more :D

Anyhoo, I've put my money where my mouth is and am backing Leinster to beat the handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If I'd snuck in a picture of Darcy's beard you'd be declaring it the thread of the decade, a lazarus rising from the dead match thread, the Ian Nagle of match threads.

I'd be impressed if you didn't mess up the image insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

.ak wrote: »
    I'd be impressed if you didn't mess up the image insert.

What an outstanding op that could not be improved upon in any way.

Fully expect us to have learned the lessons of two years ago and smash this lot into nextweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the game in Prague?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

hogandrew wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the game in Prague?

Have watched Ireland match in The Dubliner before. Would call to check they're showing first of all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Are you predicting a 5-1 outcome or did you just get that wrong? And what's an initernational?

Venjur, this was your job this week. And for the second week running I'm finding myself disappointed.

Advertisement