Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sets of faahve

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got to the gym late again (this time was traffic from car crash) so decided to do all bench but cut accessory sets.

Bench: 1x3 @ 92.5kg and 4x3 @ 87.5kg. Top set was to be an 8 and it was possibly an undershoot. Felt solid.

Weighted pullups: 2x AMRAP + myoreps @ 5kg. Managed 16 and 10.

EZ skullcrusher: 2x AMRAP @ 30.5kg for 20 and 16. Definitely should have gone heavier because I was hoping to get around 12.

Decline curl: 2x AMRAP @ 15kg for 10 and 10. That'll have to do.

Lateral raises: 2x AMRAP @ 10kg for 10 and 9. Could have been better.

Not sure if I did myoreps right or not. Just did what I thought were myoreps in an effort to increase productivity but abandoned them after pullups because I really didn't know what I was doing.

Sumo deadlift: 1x5 @ 165kg and 4x5 @ 147.5kg. Was aiming for an 8 and was about right.

Platz squat: 3x8 @ 90kg. This was hard and last reps got grindy. What I was looking for.

Leg extension: 75kg x 9, 8, 8. Felt weak. Missing them last week had some knock on effects.

Chest supported row: 3x8 @ 40-50kg. Ran out of time to do a 4th set.

My time management on Thursdays is bad. Need to improve this.

Incline bench: 3x8 @ 60, 62.5, 65 and 6 # 65kg. Down in weight from last week but that's mainly due to the bench being at a slightly higher incline than the one used last week, which makes a huge difference. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Weighted chinups: 4x8 @ 12.5kg. Felt eeak but I've been paying attention to rep quality, which may have been lacking last week.

Weighted dips: 3x8 @ 25kg. Was tough by the end.

Lateral raises: 3x10 @ 10kg. Hard.

Squat: 1x5 @ 132.5kg and 4x6 @ 122.5kg. Meant to do top set for 6. Feck sake. Aside from being unable to count, my form was off. Realised two backoff sets in that belt was too tight so loosened and form felt better, but not perfect.

Banded 45 hyper: Red band for 12, 12, 15. Meh.

Hamstring curls: 35kg for 6, 9, 8. Doing these straight after hypers was a new level of pain and difficulty.

One arm cable rows: 4x8 @ something hard. Last set full stack and good form, but left side definitely weaker. Need to go left first.

Bench: 1x3 @ 97.5kg and 4x3 @ 92.5kg. Top set was to be a 9 and it was about right I reckon. Backoff sets were tough.

Weighted pullups: 5kg for 3x8 and unweighted for 8. Realised I had been using too much arm and little back, so need to reel myself in a bit.

EZ skullcrusher: 35.5kg for 3x8. Decent jump in weight and this was hard to keep steady.

Decline curl: 15kg for 3x8. Hard.

Lateral raises: 10kg for 3x10. Slowly getting more comfortable with sets of 10.

• Advertisement

Sumo deadlift: 1x5 @ 170kg and 3x5 @ 150kg. This is most likely a new 5 rep PB. Delighted because there was room for at least 1 more. Also, I'm between notches on my belt so it's feeling slightly loose so I'm happy to get this with less support than I usually have.

Platz squat: 3x8 @ 95kg. Sweaty with the evening that's in it. Hard but probably just being unfit.

Chest supported row: 3x8 @ 45kg. I was just tired.

Leg extension: 65kg for 13, 11, 10.

Only 4 hours sleep. Should be interesting.

Incline bench: 4x8 @ 70, 72.5, 75, 75kg. Hard but again, likely an incline PR.

Weighted chinups: 4x8 @ 10kg. Perfected form but it was a tad too easy.

Weighted dips: 3x8 @ 25kg. Was really hard. Lockout on very last rep took a while. Don't think I've ever grinded out a dip but first time for everything I guess.

Lateral raises: 2x10 @ 10kg. Ran out of time.

Squat: 1x6 @ 137.5kg and 4x6 @ 125kg. Top set felt crap but looked great, so not sure what to make of it. There was possibly room for a little more. Belt still between notches.

Banded 45 hyper: Red band for 15, 15,

Hamstring curls: 30kg for 12, 12, 10.. Down in weight but I needed to due to how fried hamstrings got

One arm cable rows: 4x8 @ something hard. Led with left. Better way of doing it.

Sweatiest session in a long time.

Another late Tuesday. Have to cut a few sets to make time.

Bench: 1x3 @ 100kg and 3x3 @ 92.5kg. It's rare I record bench but I did today for this mini milestone (matching rep PB from 5+ years ago) and it looked sloppy. Pause was short and didn't seem too controlled. Like, if it had comp judging then I could be waiting a while for a press command or even redlighted for downward movement or something. Yes, nice to triple this number but I got work to do.

Wide grip pullups: 3x8. Easier to emphasise proper form with a wide grip as I'm forced to use more back than arms.

EZ skullcrusher: 35.5kg for 2x8. Same weight and still hard.

EZ curl: 28kg for 2x8. Was short on time and also wanted to see if I still got wrist pain. And yes, it's still there.

Lateral raises: 10kg for 2x10. Getting used to the sets of 10.

Sumo deadlift: 1x5 @ 175kg and 3x5 @ 152.5kg. Another new 5 rep PB. Delighted. Last rep was slow but there was definitely room for one more. Reckon if I put 200 on the bar, I'd have gotten it.

Platz squat: 3x8 @ 100kg. This was sooo hard.

Chest supported row: 4x8 @ 40, 45, 50, 50kg. Form felt better than last week so increased weight as I felt fit to.

Leg extension: ran out of time

• Advertisement

Incline bench: 4x8 @ 70, 75, 75, 70. Strength dropped a little towards the end.

Weighted chinups: 12.5kg for 8, 8, 7. Hard.

Weighted dips: 3x8 @ 25kg. Was really hard. Lockout on very last rep took a while. Don't think I've ever grinded out a dip but first time for everything I guess.

Lateral raises: 2x10 @ 10kg. Ran out of time again.

Next few weeks are all over the place. I'm only in twice next week, three times the week after and then on holidays. May try max out next week because why not; short term progress will hardly be affected.

I also need to get better at time management. Sometimes I run out of time due to external factors beyond my control but I also have gotten bad at taking excessive rest times. Need to sort that out.

Odd week so not following any specific plan. Just wanted to see where my squat was. And if I hadn't realised my bench was so technically unsound, I'd have done the same. Instead, trying a few things differently.

Squat: 1x1 @ 160kg and 1x8 @ 130kg. The 160kg felt and looked perfectly executed. I'd rate it 9.5 and if I asked for a spotter, I'd have tried for a 2nd as it would be a rep PB and first ever 2x BW squat for reps. 130 was tiring and although I had more reps in me and would have liked to beat my old rep PB from JuggAI days (125x10 HB), doing sets of 10 on compounds is stupid and I never want to do them again.

Bench: 2x5 @ 85kg. Widened feet and trying to remember squeezing buttcheeks throughout the lift. Touching the bar lower on the chest and trying to press lower too. Needs more practice.

Finished off with some light DB rows, wide grip cable rows and neutral pullups.

Advertisement