Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sets of faahve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sumo deadlift: 1xt @ 132.5kg and 4x5 @ 120kg. Felt easier than last week. Just need to keep knees flared so weight is evenly distributed across feet. If i get lazy with it, it feels heavier on the inside of my feet.

Paused SSB: 2x5 @ 100kg. Again, depth form. This was bloody hard to push through.

Hamstring curls/chinup curls: 5x8-10 @ whatever is hard. I wanted to do incline curls but all incline benches were used. I don't know if chinup curls is the right name for what I did but I didn't fully lower myself and only did the bit that hits biceps the hardest.

Chest supported row: 4x8 at 40-35kg. Couldn't keep full ROM with 40, so dropped back after 2 sets.

Lateral raises: 2x15 @ 7.5kg

Have to train evenings for some upcoming Mondays, which I dread because Monday evening is the busiest in my gym.

Squat: 1x5 @ 117.5kg and 4x5 @ 110kg. Backoffs should have been 107.5 but I was lazy with plate unloading. Grand.

Banded 45 raises: 2x8 and 1x10. Didn't fancy doing RDLs with comp equipment so did these instead.

Leg extensions/DB rows: 5 circuits @ something hard(70kg and 22.5kgs). Grand.

EZ skullcrushers//curls: 3x8 @ 28kg. Grand.

Lateral raises: ran out of time. Was tired anyway.

Gym wasn't as mad busy as expected so can't complain.

Bench: 1x5 @ 77.5kg and 4x5 @ 75kg. Easy

CG incline bench/pullups: 3x5 @ 60kg/AMRAPs with 11, 8, 8. Switching my chins/pullups out of experimentation but inclines were just awful this week.

OHP//chinups: 3x5 @ 45kg/AMRAPs with 9, 8, 8. Barely able to handle last week's OHP weight but happy with chins.

Cable pushdown/curl: 3x8-10 @ something hard.

Facepulls: 1x20. Good for the joints.

Was feeling pretty weak tonight. It's possibly because I wasn't in a calorie deficit last week but have been for 6 days. Or maybe i just had an off night.

Sumo deadlift: 1xt @ 137.5kg and 4x5 @ 122.tkg. Form is dialed in. Need to keep this going.

Paused SSB: 2x5 @ 90kg. I wasn't entirely happy with depth last week so I ensured i sank every rep this week and yeah, 90 ATG is harder than 100 at depth.

Hamstring curls/chinup curls: 3x8/12 @ whatever is hard.

Chest supported row: 4x8 at 35kg.

Lateral raises: 1x8 @ 10kg.

Back on maintenance calories as of today for at least a week before I go back to surplus. But regarding training, had to cut some sets short due to a combination of defrosting the car and general timewasting in the gym

Santa brought pushup handles and I wanted to get in some upper body work on Saturdays. I meant to start last week but forgot :/

Decline pushups with handles: 5x10 with 30 seconds rest. Was going to try for 10x10 but this was way harder than expected.

Tricep dominant pushup thingy (don't know what it's called): 3x5. Handles were near my face and i guess it was a similar movement pattern to a skullcrusher. It was ok.

• Advertisement

Squat: 1x5 @ 122.5kg and 4x5 @ 112.5kg. This was tough. Like, i was never in doubt but it was a big jump in difficulty from last week.

RDL: 3x5 @ 120kg. Grand. Grip felt crap but that's probably because I was trying to use more fingertips.

Leg extensions/DB rows: 5 circuits @ something hard(65-75kg and 22.5kgs). Grand.

EZ skullcrushers//curls: 3x8 @ 28kg. My right wrist started hurting like mad for the curls to the point i almost couldn't finish the 2nd set. Decided to swap to DB hammer curls for the last set and no pain. Weird.

Lateral raises: 2x12 @ 7.5kg. Grand.

Bench: 1x5 @ 80kg and 4x5 @ 77.5kg. Only 2.5kkg heavier than last week but it felt like a bigger difference.

CG incline DB bench/pullups: 3x8 @ 25kg/AMRAPs with 10, 9, 9. Racks were full (until I had just started) so did DB variation instead. Not the worst idea considering this time last week was the first time I felt an ouchie in my wrist so neutral grip welcome.

OHP//chinups: 3x5 @ 45kg/AMRAPs with 8, 8, 7. OHP still hard but not as hard as last week.

Tricep pushdown/curl: 3x8-10 @ something hard. Straight bar was fine for triceps but wrist gave out about 3 reps in for curls. Switched to rope attachment for curls and no wrist pain.

Facepulls: 1x15.

Sumo deadlift: 1xt @ 142.5kg and 4x5 @ 127.5kg. Only recorded top set but it was a tad inconsistent. Some reps, hips rose a tad before the bar. I think this is down to how well I wedge into the bar. Last rep was perfect.

Paused SSB: 2x5 @ 100kg. Depth better but form didn't feel 100%. Chest dipped a little trying to get past sticking point. Won't progress in weight until this improves.

Hamstring curls/chest supported rows: 3x8/12 @ whatever is hard. Decided to rearrange these because I want to deemphasize bicep curls due to wrist ouchie.

Lateral raises: 1x5 @ 10kg. I was absolutely wrecked at this stage.

Dunno what towards the end but energy plummeted, along with any motivation to stay and tough it out. Sleep and eating has been good so maybe just a bad day.

Forgot to post my Saturday home workout...

Decline pushups with handles: 4x10 with 30 seconds rest. Moved up to 60 seconds rest and managed another 3x10 before my kids decided to investigate the grunting noises from the kitchen and wanted to jump on my back.

Didn't get to do a tricep dominant movement for above reasons.

Good pump and nice to know that pushups are still a challenge under certain circumstances.

Had pints Saturday night and was crippled yesterday. Couldn't stomach anything until 2pm. At that point, i prioritised sugar and salt. No idea what my overall intake for the day was but I did my best to undo the damage i had done.

Squat: 1x5 @ 130kg and 4x5 @ 117.5kg. I had little expectation of being able to finish the top set but low and behold, i did, and with room for more and all. Form wasn't the best but, well, I'll take it this week. Biggest set of faaahve since 2019.

RDL: 3x5 @ 125kg. Grand.

Leg extensions/DB rows: 3 circuits @ something hard(65-70kg and 25kgs). Grand.

DB skullcrushers//hammer curls: 3x8 @ 10-12.5kg. Changed it up because of wrist so keeping a neutral grip where feasible. Just couldn't figure out a challenging enough weight.

Lateral raises: 1x12 @ 7.5kg. Ran out of time.

Absolutely delighted with today considering i had written it off before I got there.

• Advertisement

Bench: 1x5 @ 85kg and 4x5 @ 80kg. Top set was a struggle and i strained my back, which is usually a sign I've maxed out. Oh dear. Highly doubt I'll achieve 90x5 next week.

CG incline bench/pullups: 3x6 @ 60kg/AMRAPs with 12, 10, 8. Much better this week and happy with pullups too.

OHP//chinups: 3x5 @ 47.5kg/AMRAPs with 12, 6, 8. Delighted with OHP.

Tricep pushdown/curl: 3x8-10 @ something hard. Straight bar and rope attachment again. Maxed out the plates for triceps so mini victory.

Facepulls: 2x15 with canvas strap handle thingy. Actually prefer this to the rope attachment.

Good day. Aside from bench.

Sumo deadlift: 1xt @ 150kg and 4x5 @ 135kg. Head just wasn't in it this morning. I think i was lazy with both my upper back and flaring my knees. Was able to fix these throughout the backoff sets but wish I had this earlier.

Paused SSB: 2x3 @ 95kg. I just was feeling crap. Not sick; just weak.

Hamstring curls: 4x8 @ something hard with 60s rest. Grand.

Chest supported rows: 4x8 @ 30-40kg. Fixed a form issue able to get up to the weight i attempted in week 1. Happy enough.

Lateral raises: 1x15 @ 7.5kg and 1x10 @ 10kg. Grand.

Mildly frustrating morning. Compound lifts crap but accessories good.

Saturday home workout was 5x10 decline pushups with 45 seconds rest followed by 4x5 pushup skullcrusher thingies. Done within 10 minutes.

Squat: 1x5 @ 135kg and 3x5 @ 122.5kg. Rare occasion where I asked for a spot but i didn't need one anyway. Even had room for one more. 10kg off old 5 PR while around 14kg lighter. Little win.

RDL: 2x5 @ 130kg. Grand.

Leg extensions: 3x8 @ 65/70/75kg. Grand. Not supersetting because gym is busy and i don't wanna be that guy.

DB rows: 3x8 @ 22.5-25kg. Bit too easy.

DB skullcrushers//hammer curls: 3x8-10 @ 10-15kg. 15s too hard for skulls and 12.5 seemed the sweet spot.

Lateral raises: 1x12 @ 7.5kg. Quick one.

First bank holiday training session since coming back training. Happy to get it done.

Bench: 1x5 @ 90kg and 3x5 @ 80kg. I did it. 2.5kg off my best set of 5 from 2019. Delighted. Backoffs were tough, as expected.

CG incline bench/pullups: 3x6 @ 60-65kg/AMRAPs with 12, 10, 10. Slightly better.

OHP//chinups: 3x5 @ 47.5kg/AMRAPs with 10, 7, 8. Chinups meh.

Tricep pushdown/curl: 2x8-10 @ something hard. Straight bar and rope attachment again. Maxed out the plates for triceps so mini victory.

Facepulls: 2x15 with canvas strap handle thingy.

Great evening. There's hope for me yet.

Sumo deadlift: 1x5 @ 157.5kg and 3x5 @ 140kg. Found it hard to wake up but did my best to get head right. Top set felt far harder than it looked but just happy to finish it.

Hack squat: 2x5 @ 60kg. Gym only got one in last week and I had been dying to try it out. Hard to find a good foot placement but once I did, it was fun in a bad way.

Chest supported rows: 4x8 @ 40kg. Much easier again. Probably should have increased weight.

Hamstring curls/decline curls: 4x8 @ something hard.

Ran out of time for lateral raises.

Forgot to do anything Saturday, so did something today.

Pushups with handles: 3xAMRAP with 2 mins rest. Managed 31, 16, 14. These handles make things so much harder because I can bang out 20 standard while barely any effect on my breath but I was struggling from rep 15 of that first set.

Tricep dominant movement: 3x10 with 1 minute rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Handles are a great bit of kit. Bigger ROM as well.

Going to change things up slightly for the next 5 weeks. Adding a top single and removing a backoff set on main lifts while changing accessories slightly. Want more chest and less arms in upper body while wanting more unilateral stuff overall.

Squat: 1x1 @ 137.5kg, 1x5 @ 117.5kg and 3x5 @ 110kg. Top single moved slowly and it's hard to imagine i did 2.5kg less for 5 a week ago. Rest was easy.

Block pull: 2x8 @ 140kg. From blocks, this weight was easy but sets of 8 were tiring for my unfit ass.

Weighted dip/chinup: 3x8 @ 15kg/5kg. Sets started easy but difficulty ramped up as i went along. Dropped the weight for last set of chinups.

FFE split squat/one arm DB rows: 3x8 @ something kinda hard. First time doing FFE so more trying to find a challenging weight that didn't wreck form.

Interesting day.

Bench: 1x5 @ 77.5kg and 4x5 @ 75kg. These felt harder than expected. Could be a little fatigue from my 5RM last week or maybe because I did my first dips in ages on Monday; who knows.

Incline DB press/pullups: 3x6-8/AMRAP @ 27.5-30kg/BW. DB press was as hard as expected and only managed 9, 10, 7 in pullups.

Lateral raise/partial pullups: 3x8-10/12 @ 10kg/BW. Laterals were ok and partial pullups are just an experiment. Unsure if i should make them weighted or go AMRAP because sets of 12 were too easy.

Tricep pushdown/curl: 3x8-10 @ something hard. Straight bar and rope attachment.

Had a half day in work so went mid morning instead. One of the gym staff (who has represented Ireland in PL) complemented me on how big i look, which was nice. But I left the gym realising i never did my bench top single - doh!

• Advertisement

Sumo deadlift: 1x1 @ 160kg, 1x5 @ 140kg and 3x5 @ 125kg. Single moved slowly, albeit perfectly. Rest felt as expected. Tweaked my start position slightly from previous weeks by narrowing my feet and flaring them a tiny bit. Definitely feels better.

Hack squat: 3x8-10 @ 40-60kg. Still trying to find my stance. Tried feet forward to get more depth but my knees didn't like it.

Chest supported rows/DB chest flyes: 4x8 @ 40-47.5kg/12.5-15kg. Using wider angle grip with flared elbows for rows. Flyes have always been tricky to feel like I'm doing them right.

Hamstring curls/hammer curls: 4x8 @ something hard (35-40kg/15-17.5kg).

Good morning overall.

Wanna do more than just pushups. Managed to dig out an old red band so tried coming up with ways to create variety.

Pushups with handles and bands: 2x20 with 2min rest. Had the band go from handles around my back, so resistance increased locking out. Second set was hard to complete.

Tricep extension/kickback: 3x10 either side. Hooked band around the leg of the couch and kneeled forward. Grand.

One-arm row: 3x10 either side. Band under couch again and sat one the floor. Grand.

Some sort of a rear delt flye thingy: 1x10 either side. Kneeled forward at right angle to band. Interesting.

Started getting mad ideas for other things to do as I went on. And if I want to increase resistance, just move further from the couch. Can't believe it's a Saturday night and I'm getting excited by this kind of thing.

Squat: 1x1 @ 142.5kg, 1x5 @ 122.5kg and 3x5 @ 115kg. Knee was at me during warmup but didn't hold me back overall. Was doing something stupid with my head/upper back that i didn't quite solve until the 115s. Top single moved slowly. Need to do better.

Block pull: 2x8 @ 140-150kg. 140 too easy and 150 a struggle to finish. Better at targeting weight this week.

Weighted dip/chinup: 3x10/8 @ 10kg/5kg. Couldn't find the weight belt so did dips with the max i could squeeze between my legs without my trousers falling down. Still too easy but weight kept slipping anyway.

FFE split squat/one arm DB rows: 3x8 @ something kinda hard. Did 27.5kg for both. Weight wasn't hard to move but I was left seriously out of breath. I guess a superset of two unilateral movements was always going to take longer than the average set. This was cardio.

Bench: 1x1 @ 95kg, 1x5 @ 82.5kg and 3x5 @ 77.5kg. Top single felt fine, 82.5 felt fine and rest also fine. Great.

Incline DB press/pullups: 3x6-8/AMRAP @ 27.5-30kg/BW. DB press was as hard as expected but did 15, 10, 10. No idea where I pulled the 15 from but that's a PR. I recall doing 14 once, albeit with crappy form but I stopped at 15 before the form breakdown. I'll take it.

Lateral raise/pullups: 3x8-10/12 @ 10kg/BW. No partials this time. Pullups were 10, 9, 10. Happy they didn't drop off much.

Overhead tricep extension/curl: 3x8-10 @ something hard. Changed from sraight bar and used rope attachment for both. Grand.

Sumo deadlift: 1x1 @ 167.5kg, 1x5 @ 145kg, 1x1 @ 170kg and 3x5 @ 130kg. 167.5kg moved well, 145 moved well and then I had a disastrous misload because I forgot to take off two 20s and ended up doing a 170. That "130" felt dreadfully heavy but I finished the lift anyway. I'm a gobsh1te. Actual 130s were easy.

Hack squat: 3x8-10 @ 40-50kg. My knee felt sore after last week so i spent a bit of time finding a stance that felt more comfortable. Turns out that less femur rotation suits me better here, which is different to my approach to squat.

Chest supported rows/DB chest flyes: 4x8/12 @ 50kg/15kg. Went up in reps with flyes because 15 was too light and the 17.5s were being used.

Hammer curls: 1x12 @ 15kg. Hamstring curl machine in use by a group and i was running late, so ran.

Squat: 1x1 @ 147.5kg, 1x5 @ 127.5kg and 3x5 @ 117.5kg. Form better than last week but warmups felt weak and i had fear and apprehension going up to my single. It felt heavy but looked easier. 127.5 was hellish but rest ok.

Block pull: 2x8 @ 150kg. Both sets a struggle to finish so probably got the weight right this week.

Weighted dip/chinup: 3x8/8 @ 20kg/5kg. All good.

FFE split squat: 2x8 @ 30kg with barbell instead of dumbbell. Weight fine but just tiring. Ran out of time so got no rows done. Boo.

Bench: 1x1 @ 97.5kg, 1x5 @ 85kg and 3x5 @ 80kg. All felt good. I actually used a crap barbell that was not a power bar and felt unstable in my hands, but still did everything with room to spare.

Incline DB press/pullups: 3x6-8/AMRAP @ 30-32.5kg/BW. DB press was as hard as expected but did 15, 12, 11. Last week wasn't a fluke so pullups must be getting stronger. And DB press PR.

Lateral raise/pullups: 3x5-15/12 @ 7.5-12.5kg/BW. Pullups were 11, 11, 9. Happy they didn't drop off much. 10kg DBs being used so went up and down. 12.5 too much of a jump for me as i only managed 5 reps.

Overhead tricep extension/curl: 2x8-10 @ something hard. Rope attachment for both. Short on time so only 2 sets.

Felt like absolute crap this morning and it started snowing just before i left for the gym. The world was telling me not to go lift, but I persevered.

Sumo deadlift: 1x1 @ 175kg, 1x5 @ 150kg and 2x5 @ 135kg. Top single moved like crap but form held solidly. I cut one backoff because I really don't feel 100% and wanted to save energy for other things.

Hack squat: 2x10-12 @ 40-50kg. Felt stronger than expected

Chest supported rows/DB chest flyes: 2x8/8 @ 50kg/17.5kg. Flye weight PR something something

Hamstring curls/hammer curls: 2x8-12 @ something kinda hard.

As i didn't feel 100% this morning, i cut down sets just to tick some boxes. Accessories were less than the RPE9 i aim for. At least I showed up and did something.

Squat: 1x1 @ 152.5kg, 1x5 @ 135kg and 2x5 @ 125kg. Top single felt shallow and slow but video suggested it was perfect? Ill take it. 135 felt better than the 135 4 weeks ago and the 125s were ok. Overall, can't complain.

Block pull: 1x6 and 1x2 @ 160kg. Energy was just gone here and I gave up.

Weighted dip/chinup: 2x8/8 @ 20kg/BW. Took it easy here.

Skipped FFE split squats and DB rows because I was wrecked.

I felt sick throughout Saturday but much better yesterday and this morning, so opted not to skip the gym. Turns out I'm definitely not 100% better yet. I got through most of squats but I'm pretty sure I blew my load there.

• Advertisement

Bench: 1x1 @ 100kg, 1x5 @ 90kg and 3x5 @ 85kg. Not much room with the single or the 90. 85s were ok. I'll take it.

Lateral raise/pullups: 3x10/AMRAP @ 10kg/BW. Pullups were 17, 12, 12.

Incline DB press/pullups: 2x4-8/AMRAP @ 30-32.5kg/BW. Started with the 32.5s but they were a nope. Pullups 9, 9.

Overhead tricep extension/curl: 2x8-10 @ something hard. Rope attachment for both. Short on time so only 2 sets.

Advertisement