Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Moto G4 Play for £89 [Price Drop]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So turns out they have cancelled my G4 Plus order... I think I just give up with this now, whats the point trying to buy a phone when it's absolutely ridiculous everything get's cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

jpb1974 wrote: »
    If you're SD card is setup as external, then you can only install apps on the 8GB of space provided with the phone. About 4-5GB of that is taken up by Android alone. Then you've all the Google apps chewing up about another 1GB.

So, you're left with about 2GB to play with - doesn't last long but is enough to get by if you're not planning much music, photo and video use.

Thanks for the info. Will have to teach him how to remove old photo and video that's already backed up to Google photos so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So turns out they have cancelled my G4 Plus order... I think I just give up with this now, whats the point trying to buy a phone when it's absolutely ridiculous everything get's cancelled...

Mine got into the postal system and they said they've contacted Fedex to stop the delivery to PW(after they noticed their mistake) and it didn't look like it worked, item arrived into Belfast and suddenly I get an e-mail from Fedex saying "Delivery exception, Return to sender" but obviously something else happened in Belfast and the item was delivered to PW. Motorola still e-mailed me asking ME to post it back to them in Germany for a refund. Deleted that e-mail. :D

I now use the phone for my work phone. The RAM wasn't good enough to handle Android Auto sufficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I got this phone a few months ago in an attempt to be thrifty. You get what you pay for unfortunately. It is not a good phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I got this phone a few months ago in an attempt to be thrifty. You get what you pay for unfortunately. It is not a good phone.

Whats your beef with it ?

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Mine got into the postal system and they said they've contacted Fedex to stop the delivery to PW(after they noticed their mistake) and it didn't look like it worked, item arrived into Belfast and suddenly I get an e-mail from Fedex saying "Delivery exception, Return to sender" but obviously something else happened in Belfast and the item was delivered to PW. Motorola still e-mailed me asking ME to post it back to them in Germany for a refund. Deleted that e-mail. :D

I now use the phone for my work phone. The RAM wasn't good enough to handle Android Auto sufficiently.

Why would they be asking for it to be sent back sure you paid for it?

Don't understand how my tracking says order approved and the payment went through and now live chat telling me it's cancelled yet they haven't updated tracking to say that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

If you go in knowing what you're getting it's a hard deal to beat. Stock android with guaranteed update to Nougat, and NFC for under a hundred quid delivered. If you go in expecting premium performance that's another thing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Totally confused about best value/performance phone that can be actually delivered here.

Had this hassle trying to get a phone at Christmas from Apple UK and not sure I can face it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It depends what you need.
    I bought this for someone as a present and it's perfect for their use.

If anyone is buying this and expecting it to be similar to the flagship phones then they will be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If you go in knowing what you're getting it's a hard deal to beat. Stock android with guaranteed update to Nougat, and NFC for under a hundred quid delivered. If you go in expecting premium performance that's another thing I suppose.

I assume you mean the G4 Play.

The bigger G4 doesn't have NFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Agree about the performance to usage stance, if it does everything you need it to, it seems to be a great price.

Does anyone know if teamviewer works on the G3? Would be nice to be able to remote assist someone with any issues on it.

beauf wrote: »
    I assume you mean the G4 Play.

The bigger G4 doesn't have NFC.

Yeah, the thread is about the play I thought.

How long is it going to take for them to refund? Support hasn't been useful at all, won't tell me why order cancelled and how long my refund will take...

Phone was cancelled on the 28th and now I can't even access that money and went and bought another phone (not Motorola)...

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

When you log into your Paypal on desktop/laptop click the settings icon in the top right hand corner. This will bring you to your account profile page. You should see your existing billing address already there on the righthand side. Click the + icon and add your Parcel Motel address. Doesn't matter if it only gives you the option of inserting an Irish address, just plug your NI PM address in there, and ignore the postal district ie:

PM*****
    1A Mckinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT364PE

Then save it. On the Motorola site use the same PM address as your delivery and billing address. When you checkout and are presented with Paypal billing screen, choose the Parcel Motel address you saved earlier from the drop down menu as your billing address.

Tried again today so fingers crossed it works

Order canceled again due to issues with credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You have to use Paypal, they don't accept non-UK credit cards.

Have used PayPal 5 times now

My order got cancelled last week still haven't been issued with a refund... Contacted them about why it was cancelled and it's because of the address that I used, they must not be allowing people to use PM or something... Better get the refund in a few days as I decided to go and buy a Alcatel Idol 4 for 100euro instead of the G4 Plus for 230euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Have used PayPal 5 times now

They must have blacklisted your card or something, surely one of your orders would have gone through at this stage.

I got the e-mail to say my order has shipped and I also received an e-mail with a PDF of the sale invoice but when I go to check the status of the order it only shows as "Order Complete" rather than "In Transit", although this information may not be up to date.

Fedex have delivered my package to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard... and it now seems to be in limbo... what a disaster.

Contacted Fedex and Motorola... might as well be talking to the wall. Paypal dispute the next course of action.

PITA

• Advertisement

Fedex just called me back...

Their escalations guy told me that, according to the Belfast Depot, I had a special arrangement in place with them where the address on my parcels would always be ignored and delivered to Parcel Motel instead. Came as news to me I have to say... I think I've only ever had 2 Fedex deliveries direct to the door in the past.

Sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their arse with a Top 10 flakiest excuse in Fedex history. I have to say.. for a reputable company the size and scale of Fedex, how this cowboy stuff could be tolerated is beyond me.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Fedex just called me back...

Their escalations guy told me that, according to the Belfast Depot, I had a special arrangement in place with them where the address on my parcels would always be ignored and delivered to Parcel Motel instead. Came as news to me I have to say... I think I've only ever had 2 Fedex deliveries direct to the door in the past.

Sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their arse with a Top 10 flakiest excuse in Fedex history. I have to say.. for a reputable company the size and scale of Fedex, how this cowboy stuff could be tolerated is beyond me.

Yeah that sounds a bit odd. What date did you order your phone?

Brozy wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds a bit odd. What date did you order your phone?

Ordered Saturday 25th Feb - was delivered to the incorrect address yesterday.

My G4 play was delivered to Parcel Motel last night. Ordered on the 26th of February. Travelled from Shanghai to Carrickfergus via Charles Da Gaulle and Heathrow according to the FedEx tracking.

Been playing around with it for last few hours. Cracking phone for under a hundred quid delivered. Delighted I pulled the trigger, my battered and cracked 3 year old 1st gen Moto G can now retire with dignity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Where/Which link did you order from Boobycharlton?

Quick question for anyone that ordered through Paypal and Parcel Motel or anyone that is familiar with Parcel Motel in general.

I just got an e-mail from Motorola saying that I now have my phone, so I'm presuming it has been signed for by Parcel Motel at their Newtownabbey depot.

I'm yet to receive an e-mail from Parcel Motel and my account is still showing that I've no parcels checked into my Parcel Motel.

Does it usually take a few hours for Parcel Motel to notify you they've received your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It should show up on PM within a few hours.

If it doesn't show up within 24hrs I'd contact PM and give them whatever tracking/serial numbers you have from your order.

Where/Which link did you order from Boobycharlton?

Motorola website. Used PayPal and Parcel Motel. I changed my PayPal billing address to my Parcel Motel delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

KENSMOTO code is finally gone.

• Advertisement

Finally received my phone today (after FEDEX f up) - so far, so good - decent phone for under €100.

Advertisement