Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Moto G4 Play for £89 [Price Drop]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I ordered through Parcel Motel and was shipped fine. I got notification earlier to say it is with Parcel Motel in Dublin, so just waiting for it to be shipped on to my local pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Should say I ordered before this thread went up as I had seen the offer on HUKD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I ordered a 64gb g4 plus a few weeks ago. I had to use address pal and pay pal as they would cancel the order when I tried to use PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Parcel motel is meant to be swamped with little hope of delivering before Xmas, I'd go with an post address pal if your hoping to have it before Xmas still no guarantee but the an post address is in the uk and there very quick the address pal is up north. Find an post quicker myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

PM have a promo running if you collect in 4h from the SMS, so hopefully this will get people moving :)www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/win-a-hatchimal-in-time-for-christmas/

I was expecting them to be slower, but:
    Tracking shows delivered on 12 Dec at 06:37
    Parcel checked in on 13 Dec at 22:06
    SMS received on 15 Dec at 19:49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Mulbert wrote: »
    Mine cancelled through address pal a fews ago. Anyone ordered through pm or ap earlier today not cancelled?

was yours cancelled outright ? mine on hold since Monday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My phone had an attempted delivery this morning to PM but PM refused to accept and asked for future delivery :(

Also, it shipped from China via France to NI

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

slave1 wrote: »
    My phone had an attempted delivery this morning to PM but PM refused to accept and asked for future delivery :(

Had the same story with the parcel above, customs were due. Royal Mail or Parcel Motel or BOTH were *****ng for 17 days:

4wHP7O3.png

[/OFFTOPIC]

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

YanisK wrote: »
    slave1 wrote: »

Had the same story with the parcel above, customs were due. Royal Mail or Parcel Motel or BOTH were *****ng for 17 days:

4wHP7O3.png

[/OFFTOPIC]

How long did your orders take to arrive guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Try the discount codes on other phones some work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

Rockin wrote:
    was yours cancelled outright ? mine on hold since Monday

Cancelled. I bought a wileyfox swift 2 instead from amazon. It seems to have dropped in price recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Same here also with meteor ireland and tesco uk g3. Unlock code for g4 is only £1.15 on ebay anyway.

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Says out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

There was another thread that mentioned a charger and cable that, if used with the G4, it give a turbo charge or something.

Can anyone point me in that direction? Can't find it for love nor money.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

the missus has a g4 and regular charger is really slow but she uses my xiaomi note 4g charger and it works as a turbo charger for it. Might be cheaper to get another turbo charger brand than motorola official one if thats any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Soarer wrote: »
    There was another thread that mentioned a charger and cable that, if used with the G4, it give a turbo charge or something.

Look for one that supports Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0. (Or turbo charging). Its the same thing. A regular charger even one that has 2.4a isn't QC unless it say it in the specs. And you'll need a decent cable. Only some of mine support fast charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

mad m wrote: »
    Says out of stock now.

Was out of stock on Sun, but got G4 Plus ordered yesterday, didn't work with addresspal and visa debit, but when I cancelled and tried again with paypal using addresspal as card address, it went through. Welcome code worked too. Arriving 28th hopefully as my LG G3 is having some kind of a breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Moto g4 play 16gb internal storage/1gb ram version now down to £79.01 when you stack codes

UKWELCOME10
    UKWINTER2
    KENSMOTO

On Motorola.co.uk

Available in black or white.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 biscut

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Moto g4 play 16gb internal storage/1gb ram version now down to £79.01 when you stack codes

UKWELCOME10
    UKWINTER2
    KENSMOTO

On Motorola.co.uk

Available in black or white.

Hi FrostyJim,

The first 2 codes work and that brings it down to £159 but the 3rd = KENSMOTO is not vaild. Any idea if there is a new 3rd code as I would love to get this phone for the £79.01.

Thanks

biscut wrote: »
    Hi FrostyJim,

The first 2 codes work and that brings it down to £159 but the 3rd = KENSMOTO is not vaild. Any idea if there is a new 3rd code as I would love to get this phone for the £79.01.

Thanks

Unfortunately not, after my order being cancelled yesterday I tried this morning and KENSMOTO had expired. Was going to try buy it again with a revolut card instead of my irish debit card.

As of yet no new codes have popped up. Hopefully we'll get one for new years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Unfortunately not, after my order being cancelled yesterday I tried this morning and KENSMOTO had expired. Was going to try buy it again with a revolut card instead of my irish debit card.

As of yet no new codes have popped up. Hopefully we'll get one for new years.

The revolut card would not work, if you've an irish address registered to it.
    Only way I got ordering was through a UK issued card and UK delivery address.

Invincible wrote: »
    The revolut card would not work, if you've an irish address registered to it.
    Only way I got ordering was through a UK issued card and UK delivery address.

Darn!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bump

I ordered this using the codes last night and I just got the email to say my order has shipped.

Using the 3 codes above it cost £74.26,I would have posted sooner but didnt wanna until I knew it would ship.
    I used parcel model and paypal(PM address) to ship and pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Soarer wrote: »

I got the g4 plus about a month ago, it comes with the turbo charger in the box. Afaik the charger is available to purchase separately for £25 odd, it will work on the g4, dunno about the g4 play. Very handy, phone battery is reasonable anyway and the turbo charger is very useful for a 20 mind top up before a night out!
    Pretty happy with the phone overall, upgraded from an s4, really felt that I didn't want to go to 5.5" screen, but after a week, I felt it would be hard to go back to 5"!!
    If it's a choice between g4 and g4 plus, the plus has apparently a better camera and comes with the turbo, so it prob works out slightly better value.

Just to point out that the g4 and g4 plus are significantly pricier than the play, though still great value (so hoping I've not sidetracked the thread too much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I got the g4 plus about a month ago, it comes with the turbo charger in the box. Afaik the charger is available to purchase separately for £25 odd, it will work on the g4, dunno about the g4 play. Very handy, phone battery is reasonable anyway and the turbo charger is very useful for a 20 mind top up before a night out!
    Pretty happy with the phone overall, upgraded from an s4, really felt that I didn't want to go to 5.5" screen, but after a week, I felt it would be hard to go back to 5"!!
    If it's a choice between g4 and g4 plus, the plus has apparently a better camera and comes with the turbo, so it prob works out slightly better value.

Just to point out that the g4 and g4 plus are significantly pricier than the play, though still great value (so hoping I've not sidetracked the thread too much).

Charger is just a Qualcomm quickcharge 2.0 charger you can get those for about a tenner on eBay/Amazon lots of decent 4/5 port chargers available with one quickcharge port for 15-20 euro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

Moto G4 Play is out of stock on the Motorola website.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Moto G4 Play is out of stock on the Motorola website.

That's a pity,both colours were still in stock when I posted last night.

yabadabado wrote: »
    That's a pity,both colours were still in stock when I posted last night.

Need to use a virtual credit card as they cancel orders payed for by Irish credit cards. Found out the hard way myself the other day.

G4 play has been down to £69 twice in the last few days. If you can get one it's a great offer.

Need to use a virtual credit card as they cancel orders payed for by Irish credit cards. Found out the hard way myself the other day.

G4 play has been down to £69 twice in the last few days. If you can get one it's a great offer.
    I used paypal and it went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Back in stock.

Paid £79.01. We shall see if it gets through their system. I'm using Parcel Wizard but Address Pal is backup.

Advertisement