Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video - free 7 day trial, 6 mths at €2.99

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Got the getflix dns trial and changed dns on LG TV network settings then reset country to across the pond and low and behold Amazon app, Now TV and Iplayer App appeared and work perfect! nice one :-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Just cancelled my account. Still get to watch until the end of the 7 day trial so no harm doing it before you forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I've got a smart LG TV (Dublin) - do i just type in Amazon .... can any1 provide exact link to type.

Thks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

^^^
    long_b wrote: »
    Amazon Prime Video now available in Ireland

Free 7 day trial, then 6 mths @ 2.99 instead of 5.99

www.primevideo.com

1'st post

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Buttros

I've got a smart LG TV (Dublin) - do i just type in Amazon .... can any1 provide exact link to type.

Thks.

Change your county under settings advanced and general then location for store or something like that. Guessing it will vary depending on which LG TV you have. Change it to the UK. TV will restart. Go back to the app store and Amazon will be there. You can change back if you want and Amazon will stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Cancelled my sub and just installed kodi on my firestick...kids home sick so they are happy out...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

adox wrote: »
    So I'm having a weird one with this. Trying the free trial and using a dns unblocker.

On iOS devices I'm getting a very very limited library, not even the full content of the Irish one. Decided to try the dns setting on my smart tv and then downloaded the Amazon app on to it and it appears I have access to the US prime video selection which is pretty big.

Weird that two different devices are acting differently.

Are you sure it's the US version?? How did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Are you sure it's the US version?? How did you get that?

Yeah definitely the US version. Some of the content is only available to rent/buy and is priced in dollars. You can also chose content by TV channel and they are all American - ABC CBS etc.

I`m guessing its the DNS unblocker that Im using that is bouncing me on to the US version on my TV, although funny enough it has no affect on my iPad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

Buttros wrote: »
    Change your county under settings advanced and general then location for store or something like that. Guessing it will vary depending on which LG TV you have. Change it to the UK. TV will restart. Go back to the app store and Amazon will be there. You can change back if you want and Amazon will stay.

I've a new LG TV coming tomorrow so will subscribe for a month or two anyway.. That's poster

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Started trial.
    Saw how insultingly small the amount of content was .
    Cancelled trial.
    Might try it in a year , but even when Netflix launched here it had way more content than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Started trial.
    Saw how insultingly small the amount of content was .
    Cancelled trial.
    Might try it in a year , but even when Netflix launched here it had way more content than that.
    Exactly same...absolutely nothing on it...my parents in northern Ireland have a tonne by comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is Man In The High Castle on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Is Man In The High Castle on it?

Season one only so far on Irish version.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Season one only so far on Irish version.

You can go to amazon.com and watch it there. Most of original content is no geoblocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

rom wrote: »

They should have left the launch until 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wont be renewing anyway. Not sure why they launched here with so little content. How can they have licensing issue with their own content?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Signac

I signed up. did it through my amazon.co.uk account, for the year and paid 79 gbp , not much use could not use roku streaming device, amazon must block app for ROI.

Have got a full refund just now.

Amazon sure make it complicated to go legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Signac wrote: »
    I signed up. did it through my amazon.co.uk account, for the year and paid 79 gbp , not much use could not use roku streaming device, amazon must block app for ROI.

Have got a full refund just now.

Amazon sure make it complicated to go legal

If your roku account was setup as a UK one you can download and use thier amazon app. I've got it setup with no issue, set the account up with getflix vpn on pc, and using it with smart dns setup on my router. The roku is very limited on an Irish setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement