Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video - free 7 day trial, 6 mths at €2.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

And a question: Any way of sharing a vpn around the house to allow all the devices benefit?

Very limited content

I use this service for last few years. It works perfectly with prime.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675723

I have prime app on my TV, Android tv boxes and rokus. All play perfectly on prime uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Amazed the new service doesn't work in FireTV :o, Thought they would roll out a new app, or at least mod the FireTV to allow use in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭PreCocious

I have a Prime subscription (the original full one) with Amazon.co.uk.

Using a DNS unblocker I have full access to Amazon video using my Fire TVs and tablets.
    (Nothing has changed).

It appears (from.reading) that the PrimeVideo sub removes access to Amazon video and replaces it with a different range of videos (based on local market licencing just like Netflix) but without the need to mess around with DNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I have prime trial due to expire in a few days. Using it without issue on my LG webos based TV with the amazon app and my ROKU 2 boxes, along with getflix. I'm going to try the trial of amazon video once the prime trial elapsed . Will be interesting to see if I'll get the same selection with amazon video v amazon prime when using getflix. I assume there is a UK version of amazon video available now without prime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

PreCocious wrote: »
    I have a Prime subscription (the original full one) with Amazon.co.uk.

Using a DNS unblocker I have full access to Amazon video using my Fire TVs and tablets.
    (Nothing has changed).

It appears (from.reading) that the PrimeVideo sub removes access to Amazon video and replaces it with a different range of videos (based on local market licencing just like Netflix) but without the need to mess around with DNS.

Please look again and would appreciate you confirming as my experience is that the Fire will only play Amazon content that is designated "Watch While Abroad"... There is other Amazon Original content not view-able - Mozart in the Jungle for example and displaying either a 5505 error or an invalid_geo error. This is regardless of using a DNS'd UK Prime account or a new Irish account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I have a DNS mod on my router which lets me watch prime on my TV and laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

Signed up for prime video last night and cancelled about an hour later.
    Disappointed with the content apart from maybe 1 or 2 shows. Still have access till next week when the trail expires though so might binge watch those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

To change country from UK to Ire (for people that bought Fire TV under the pretence you were UK)
    Go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd
    Settings tab, change country there
    Then on the Fire TV, go to Home> settings>my account. Select deregister. Return to my account and select register

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

To change country from UK to Ire (for people that bought Fire TV under the pretence you were UK)
    Go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd
    Settings tab, change country there
    Then on the Fire TV, go to Home> settings>my account. Select deregister. Return to my account and select register

That's what I did this morning..while on the phone with them and it ****ed my firestick...I kept getting the error that my new registration failed...she got me to change from .co.uk to .com still made no difference...had to then factory reset my stick to get any content up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

So whats actually worth watching on prime video besides The Man in the High Castle and the grand tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Doge wrote: »
    So whats actually worth watching on prime video besides The Man in the High Castle and the grand tour?
    Transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Doge wrote: »

Mr Robot and Seinfeld

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

long_b wrote: »
    Mr Robot and Seinfeld

I actually forgot Mr robot was a prime exclusive. Well before it ended up on TG4 and the likes!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If using an Amazon Fire - and are either a UK Prime customer (and were using a VPN) or a new Prime Video Irish customer, you can ONLY view "Watch While Abroad" content. They have successfully turned the Fire TV into an expensive plastic beermat.

Not true, it still makes for an amazing cheap client that runs Plex and Kodi, along with Netflix, Spotify, Youtube, 4oD, etc.

By comparison Prime, even the better featured UK one, was very poor.

And then if you get a VPN service, you still have access to all the UK prime content, along with BBC, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭PreCocious

Please look again and would appreciate you confirming as my experience is that the Fire will only play Amazon content that is designated "Watch While Abroad"... There is other Amazon Original content not view-able - Mozart in the Jungle for example and displaying either a 5505 error or an invalid_geo error. This is regardless of using a DNS'd UK Prime account or a new Irish account.

Have checked "Our Kind if Traitor" and "Mozart in the Jungle - S1ep5 " and they both play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bk wrote: »
    Not true, it still makes for an amazing cheap client that runs Plex and Kodi, along with Netflix, Spotify, Youtube, 4oD, etc.

By comparison Prime, even the better featured UK one, was very poor.

And then if you get a VPN service, you still have access to all the UK prime content, along with BBC, etc.

Am I reading you right that this can be used with a VPN to get uk prime videos?

I have prime trial due to expire in a few days. Using it without issue on my LG webos based TV with the amazon app and my ROKU 2 boxes, along with getflix. I'm going to try the trial of amazon video once the prime trial elapsed . Will be interesting to see if I'll get the same selection with amazon video v amazon prime when using getflix. I assume there is a UK version of amazon video available now without prime ?

So I got bored and set up a new account for the 7 day prime video trial. I used the app on my LG TV to see if the content would be the same as 30 day UK amazon prime trial.

Strangly I couldn't register the TV using the app when entering my new prime video account details I assume this was because I didnt have a full UK amazon prime account...... thought that was that. BUT then I used the apps code generator to make a device registration code, using my PC I entered the code on prime video setting page. It registered the TV and I've the full working UK catalouge as before on the 30 day UK amazon prime trial!!! Will try with my Roku 2 later

I am using getflix dns on my TV.

So I got bored and set up a new account for the 7 day prime video trial. I used the app on my LG TV to see if the content would be the same as 30 day UK amazon prime trial.

Strangly I couldn't register the TV using the app when entering my new prime video account details I assume this was because I didnt have a full UK amazon prime account...... thought that was that. BUT then I used the apps code generator to make a device registration code, using my PC I entered the code on prime video setting page. It registered the TV and I've the full working UK catalouge as before on the 30 day UK amazon prime trial!!! Will try with my Roku 2 later

I am using getflix dns on my TV.

Working on Roku boxes too !!! Again using the apps code generator and registering the device on the prime video web site on my PC.

Full UK prime video selection with Irish prime video account for €2.99 when using smart DNS :-)

PS my Roku is hooked upto a 42 inch TCL smart TV from a previous bargain alert ... gotta love bargain alerts

Next to try amazonvideo app on my bargain fire 7 modded with nexus rom :-) Not working as you have log into amazon uk account with the app, the irish prime video account is not valid.... no option to generate code as a work around :-(

I'm off the bed now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Signed up there using my LG TV, and as far as I can tell, the thing is fairly full of stuff. I've no frame of reference though, as I've never used Netflix or anything.

Just watched the opening sequence of The Grand Tour in UltraHD HDR with 5.1 sound, and it was glorious.

Is there any way of searching for just UltraHD content?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Signed up there using my LG TV, and as far as I can tell, the thing is fairly full of stuff. I've no frame of reference though, as I've never used Netflix or anything.

Just watched the opening sequence of The Grand Tour in UltraHD HDR with 5.1 sound, and it was glorious.

Is there any way of searching for just UltraHD content?

Are you using a smart dns server too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

No idea what that is!

Soarer wrote: »
    No idea what that is!

Lol that's a no then :-) Can you check to see if you can find and view the series "Vikings" . If you can't you've got the Irish line up

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man in the high castle season 2 out on the Irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Headshot wrote: »
    man in the high castle season 2 out on the Irish version?
    I checked earlier and it wasn't there. Probably restricted for the Irish market, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The Irish version is a little under whelming to say the least so decided to go with another bargain alert in Getaflix which was 29e and now have access to UK version which is made this worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ACLFC7

Is Vikings Season 4B on the Irish version? Is there any way I can see a list of content before I sign up??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    Is Vikings Season 4B on the Irish version? Is there any way I can see a list of content before I sign up??

It's free for the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    just download the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I'm having a weird one with this. Trying the free trial and using a dns unblocker.

On iOS devices I'm getting a very very limited library, not even the full content of the Irish one. Decided to try the dns setting on my smart tv and then downloaded the Amazon app on to it and it appears I have access to the US prime video selection which is pretty big.

Weird that two different devices are acting differently.

Advertisement