Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video - free 7 day trial, 6 mths at €2.99

Options
  • 14-12-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Amazon Prime Video now available in Ireland

Free 7 day trial, then 6 mths @ 2.99 instead of 5.99

www.primevideo.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Its not clear from the link but I guess it can be used with the fire stick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Its not clear from the link but I guess it can be used with the fire stick ?

why not??
    it will be tied with your amazon account.
    if the same account is on your firestick, then it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I just signed up thinking "Brilliant, finally a chance to use something like the UK version" but.... is it just me or is there nothing on it?

The tv show list is very, very small and the range of films aren't exactly incredible. Will they get around to adding more of the content the UK version gets I wonder? (Or will damn licencing get in the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I have Prime and tried to watch something and still getting error about restrictions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Been watching prime UK for years. Use a vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1

I use this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675723

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    I just signed up thinking "Brilliant, finally a chance to use something like the UK version" but.... is it just me or is there nothing on it?

The tv show list is very, very small and the range of films aren't exactly incredible. Will they get around to adding more of the content the UK version gets I wonder? (Or will damn licencing get in the way)

So you are saying its not the same catalogue as Prime Video in the UK?:confused:

That would be a strange move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

adox wrote: »
    So you are saying its not the same catalogue as Prime Video in the UK?:confused:

That would be a strange move.

No it wouldn't be. It would be perfectly normal. Digital media distribution rights vary from country to country.

Amazon could have a licence for A show in the UK and apple or Netflix may have the rights in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

ted1 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't be. It would be perfectly normal. Digital media distribution rights vary from country to country.

Amazon could have a licence for A show in the UK and apple or Netflix may have the rights in Ireland.

Yeah actually only thought of that after I typed.
    Just signed up for the trial there and yeah its a fairly small offering. wont be keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's €2.99 a month for 6 months. At that price it's worth a go. Good bargain.

I have a fire stick as it is using Kodi as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

stimpson wrote: »

Does it work to sign up with Irish address and credit card and use smart DNS set to UK to get full content?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Can it be steamed on chrome cast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Sign up with an account for a month (you get a free month), cancel it. Then after 1 month, open up another amazon account with a new email address and do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Berty wrote: »
    It's €2.99 a month for 6 months. At that price it's worth a go. Good bargain.

I have a fire stick as it is using Kodi as it is.

Yes, and three users can stream at same time, so effectly just 1 euro each per month if you share with family/friends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I have a UK prime subscription. Can I watch content in Ireland now without a VPN?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

I had a look at this and what am I getting for the fee?
    It list 3 or 4 shows but what else is there?

Off the phone with Amazon.

Gas. Doesn't work on the Fire stick.

EDIT Spoke to a different team. 1st team was some Irish crowd and gave me false information in the end after 32 mins on the phone. Requested a fresh call and got some other team, fixed in minutes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the 2.99 a full prime membership or literally just prime video?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just Prime Video it seems

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Primevideo.com

It's in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Off the phone with Amazon.

Gas. Doesn't work on the Fire stick.

EDIT Spoke to a different team. 1st team was some Irish crowd and gave me false information in the end after 32 mins on the phone. Requested a fresh call and got some other team, fixed in minutes.

So it does work on the Fire Stick?

sweetie wrote: »
    Would PayPal cover you if this was shut down?

If what was shutdown ? You can cancel your monthly subscription anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Ro-76 wrote: »
    I have a UK prime subscription. Can I watch content in Ireland now without a VPN?

You can watch selected UK content, namely the "TV to Watch While Abroad" selection, you can't watch the Irish selection of Primevideo or the full UK content.

When you log on to Primevideo with an active UK Prime membership you get this:
    Do you live outside of the United Kingdom?
    As an Amazon Prime member, you can watch a limited selection of videos on Amazon.co.uk. If you live outside of the United Kingdom, you may also be able to access PrimeVideo.com by contacting Customer Service to update your account.

So option a.) [insert appropriate method to make amazon believe you are in the uk] or b.) to sign up for primevideo with a different address to gain access to the limited Irish content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

sweetie wrote: »

It's amazon.

Corholio wrote: »
    So it does work on the Fire Stick?

Yes, but appeared to have needed a lot of Amazon interaction. Made me do a factory reset so had to load Kodi back on afterwards.

Both now working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote:

/\/ollog wrote:
    It's amazon.

Wrong thread sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yes, but appeared to have needed a lot of Amazon interaction. Made me do a factory reset so had to load Kodi back on afterwards.

Both now working.

But that is with a primevideo subscription you took out, not a UK prime subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Not working anymore on Fire TV. Geoblocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not working anymore on Fire TV. Geoblocked.

Did you enter a UK address as your home address in amazon?
    You have to do that too as well as the vpn.

Advertisement