Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 12 days of Christmas

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

pa990 wrote: »
    All in all a rather disappointing two weeks.

I would much preferred spend and save vouchers

If you actually got the first two deals you were in business but the rest of the deals were just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

Mulled Wine.......... Seriously ???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Anonamoose wrote: »

YOu could do a Kris Kindle with the wine, aptly named Christkindl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you actually got the first two deals you were in business but the rest of the deals were just crap.

Not true, the slabs of guinness at €20.00 were the bomb;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anonamoose wrote: »

Good deal, no? Seems good to me for alcoholic mulled wine. Picked up a bottle today, it's a large bottle too.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not true, the slabs of guinness at €20.00 were the bomb;)

If you like guiness yeah. I'd much rather the vouchers. I don't like guiness or bushmills but I could've used the voucher for some cider or something.

If you like guiness yeah. I'd much rather the vouchers. I don't like guiness or bushmills but I could've used the voucher for some cider or something.

They'd have some work putting bargains on that suited every one of their customers:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

pa990 wrote: »
    All in all a rather disappointing two weeks.

I would much preferred spend and save vouchers

Agreed. I haven't bought anything in Lidl for at least the last fortnight. My custom has been confined to Dunnes, Tesco and SuperValu with the constant flow of spend & save vouchers from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

They'd have some work putting bargains on that suited every one of their customers:rolleyes:

Vouchers.... everyone could buy what they please.

Then don't offer things that would split people down the middle? You either drink or you don't - but a fair many more people would eat a bag of tayto than drink a slab of guiness or a bottle of whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Then don't offer things that would split people down the middle? You either drink or you don't - but a fair many more people would eat a bag of tayto than drink a slab of guiness or a bottle of whiskey.

Can't beat a pint and a short, with a bag of tayto

They're making hay while the Sun shines. Those alco offers may be a distant memory this time next year if minimum pricing comes in in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Quackster wrote: »
    They're making hay while the Sun shines. Those alco offers may be a distant memory this time next year if minimum pricing comes in in the meantime!

What prices are they expected to be then?

They are closing the one beside us in Drogheda on the 8th of January according to the signs that went up today so I imagine there might be some clearance deals to be had soon.

Oh reason for closure is they are knocking it to rebuild as a new 2 story shop.

Poor offering over all this year, the others didn't show up so Lidl didn't have to try really.

They are closing the one beside us in Drogheda on the 8th of January according to the signs that went up today so I imagine there might be some clearance deals to be had soon.

Oh reason for closure is they are knocking it to rebuild as a new 2 story shop.

Two Lidl stores near me closed for refurbs in 2014 and 2015 and both times there were books of spend & save vouchers available in the stores for the week before closure to encourage customers travel to neighbouring Lidl stores.

20% off €50 spend or more - one per week for six weeks. Even better, Tesco accepted them! :D

Poor offering over all this year, the others didn't show up so Lidl didn't have to try really.

**** it. Merry bloody Christmas we did alright

Minimum €1 per unit of alcohol I think.

For Guinness? Minimum of €31 for a slab of 24 cans. And Vodka will go up to minimum of 28 euro which means that even the off brand stuff like Aldi vodka or dunnes larger will go up to a ridiculous price. (Not that id drink the stuff either way). I don't see the point anyway, if drinkers want to drink they'll bloody well drink. But that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

For Guinness? Minimum of €31 for a slab of 24 cans. And Vodka will go up to minimum of 28 euro which means that even the off brand stuff like Aldi vodka or dunnes larger will go up to a ridiculous price. (Not that id drink the stuff either way). I don't see the point anyway, if drinkers want to drink they'll bloody well drink. But that's for another thread.

I wouldn't worry too much, the minimum unit pricing law in Scotland has been ruled illegal under EU law by the European courts so chances are it will be the same story here

Sticking with this thread I noticed that the 20% off deluxe brand didn't apply to their deluxe chocolate cream liqueur yesterday upon checking a receipt! Drat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I wouldn't worry too much, the minimum unit pricing law in Scotland has been ruled illegal under EU law by the European courts so chances are it will be the same story here

Sticking with this thread I noticed that the 20% off deluxe brand didn't apply to their deluxe chocolate cream liqueur yesterday upon checking a receipt! Drat!

20% discount didn't apply to their everyday range.

If minimum pricing fails, I'm sure the government will just follow Scotland's example where 'irresponsible' supermarket deals on alcohol (such as multi-buy discounts) have been banned the past five years.

Not that that should matter too much to Lidl as it's been forever and a day since they've had case-deals on wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

If anyone sees portable heated clothing rack please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

20% discount didn't apply to their everyday range.

The deluxe chocolate cream liqueur is part of the deluxe range, not their everyday range (clue's in the name)
    Quackster wrote: »
    If minimum pricing fails, I'm sure the government will just follow Scotland's example where 'irresponsible' supermarket deals on alcohol (such as multi-buy discounts) have been banned the past five years.

Not that that should matter too much to Lidl as it's been forever and a day since they've had case-deals on wine!

A bit off topic but what you mean is WHEN MUP fails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Lidl had Perlenbacher Premium Pils 4.9% 500ml 12 can packs for €6.99 down from 11.99 ish today. Not sure if it's all stores or today only. Not bad value though.

Advertisement