Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 12 days of Christmas

Options
  • 13-12-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Day one (Dec. 13th) : Tayto Box (20 packs 25g) only 1.99!

Day Two (Dec. 14th) : M&Ms Selection Box €1 Chocolate Santa €1 (thanks to Jet Black for finding)

Day Three (Dec. 15th) : Bushmills Whiskey 70cl 16.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone know what deals are on for the next 11 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Anyone know what deals are on for the next 11 days?

Not sure they've said. Will probably post on their social media tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

OP has made over 300 posts in a week...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Digitalism wrote: »
    OP is popular in the polls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Day one: Tayto Box (20 packs 25g) only 1.99!

Forget going this evening as they were all gone since 10am, like the rest of these deals I'd say but good luck to those that get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

vicwatson wrote: »
    Forget going this evening as they were all gone since 10am, like the rest of these deals I'd say but good luck to those that get them

Hopefully the phone notifications from the app go out early each morning unlike when I got mine this evening at 5.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know this was part of the 12 Deals...er..."deal".

I can feel a thread merge coming though. :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057681597

me_irl wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know this was part of the 12 Deals...er..."deal".

I can feel a thread merge coming though. :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057681597

Just made it cos of a suggestion in that thread to have a dedicated 12 days of Christmas for anyone looking. Makes it easier.

Digitalism wrote: »

314 posts in 9 days. Average of 35 a day less impressive when it's said like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Tommorrow is a selection box and chocolate Santa.

Screenshot_20161213_202439.png

• Advertisement

Jaysus that's very good. In dunnes those selection boxes are €4.

I'll add the deals into the OP as they come, just in case it gets a few pages long and it's way easier to check Post #1 for the deals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UknowY

...and "Premium Chocolate Santa" 184g for €1
    *Usually €2.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

As generic thread titles go, t'was a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Very little stock in Clondalkin, only about 20 selection boxes, all gone 10 past eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's only stuff folks, it won't make that much difference to your life. Enjoy your Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

In there at 08:40 - selection boxes a distant memory apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

MAORISH wrote: »
    It's a m&m selection box for 1 euro... Limited to 3 per person.

Dunno where they're going with the "was €2.49" on their ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

In there at 08:40 - selection boxes a distant memory apparently!

Same in Nenagh at 09:10 pretty disgraceful imo. Lady in front of me had 5 cases in her trolley. So much for the 3per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Plenty in Mullingar, lady behind me had 10, checkout girl stopped her but let her through with 6 and 2 receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Plenty in Mullingar, lady behind me had 10, checkout girl stopped her but let her through with 6 and 2 receipts

Starvin' Marvins in Enniscorthy. Everything gone within 30 minutes of the store opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

The lady in front of me in Nutgrove had about 30 of them(last 30 in the shop) and the till operator took all but 5 off her.So I got my 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vandriver wrote: »
    The lady in front of me in Nutgrove had about 30 of them(last 30 in the shop) and the till operator took all but 5 off her.So I got my 5.

It's cnuts like her that grab them all who ruin it for everybody. The till operator should have just given her 3. Trying to buy 30 is taking the piss.
    I just wanted 3 for the kids and a couple of the Santa's as part of presents but everything was cleared out. I'd swear if lidl put sh1t on a stick as one of the offers people would grab them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

zerks wrote: »
    It's cnuts like her that grab them all who ruin it for everybody. The till operator should have just given her 3. Trying to buy 30 is taking the piss.
    I just wanted 3 for the kids and a couple of the Santa's as part of presents but everything was cleared out. I'd swear if lidl put sh1t on a stick as one of the offers people would grab them up.

You can ring customer service to complain. The number is free. I did and suggested they put a restriction on the tills like when you can only buy 1 paracetamol product due to the regulations. It takes it out of the till operators hands. No one can take the piss and buy 40 selection box's. But the big problem is that there isn't near enough stock allocated. A corner shop would sell out by mid morning never mind a lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »

Mate told me all gone in Wex too, said he was in at 8.15 and none left that a worker told him he doesnt know Lidl bother sending in so little stock to them of both items.

Of course we know the answer - get people in the door more often than not the will buy something else, whether the offer is there or gone.

That woman with the 5 cases pisses me off, their should be a restriction at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I have decided to ignore their promotion in protest at the pathetic nature of it.
    I suggest others do the same.
    I still use lidl, but won't frequent it any more than I do.

For those paying attention, Tesco are doing €12 off a €60 in their mailing so at least with them, you know the discount is there because its in your pocket.

Lidl should have stuck to their €10 off €50 like other years instead of this pathetic promo. I hope the dope who's bright idea it was to run this (cheaper) promo, finds that he/ she was not successful and costs Lidl a fortune on reduced income based on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I have decided to ignore their promotion in protest at the pathetic nature of it.

For those paying attention, Tesco are doing €12 off a €60 in their mailing so at least with them, you know the discount is there because its in your pocket.

Lidl should have stuck to their €10 off €50 like other years instead of this pathetic promo. I hope the dope who's bright idea it was to run this (cheaper) promo, finds that he/ she was not successful and costs Lidl a fortune on reduced income based on last year.
    They did something similar last year, the items were free, but you had to bring in a printed coupon to get them. There didn't seem to be an shortage as there was extra effort required to have coupon.

EDITED TO ADD: maybe that was two years ago. Christmas was a blur for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Not much of a protest then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Same in Nenagh at 09:10 pretty disgraceful imo. Lady in front of me had 5 cases in her trolley. So much for the 3per customer.

Tweet the picture to Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Graham wrote: »
    Tweet the picture to Lidl.

+1 for this guy's idea, or Facebook if you prefer :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Not impressed with them this year either. Prices are creeping up and their XXL offers are often more expensive than the standard. I've borrowed the sisters Dunnes card and 20% till voucher a couple of times already stocking up for Christmas and the Mrs has those Tesco vouchers so its looking like i mightnt make it to Lidl at all this Christmas.

Advertisement