Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 12 days of Christmas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

JoseJones wrote: »
    Not much of a protest then.

Done with that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Graham wrote: »
    Tweet the picture to Lidl.
    +1 for this guy's idea, or Facebook if you prefer :)

Definitely one or both of these! That is pure p*sstaking if ever I saw.

I'm assuming they're buying them for resale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

me_irl wrote: »
    Definitely one or both of these! That is pure p*sstaking if ever I saw.

I'm assuming they're buying them for resale?

My guess would be it was someone buying them (the one who bought 30 of them anyway!) for a club or a playgroup or something....
    Still not right if it was meant to be limited to 3 per person....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

JoseJones wrote: »
    Not much of a protest then.

I use lidl a lot, I like their store and simplicity of shopping there. My point is, I won't be getting sucked in to their store in the evenings looking for something that they simply don't have, but on the off chance they might get some other passing trade from me.
    Rather, I will continue to drop in at weekend to pick up stuff for my family's weekly shop.

Sorry if that is not a dramatic enough protest but I am only being realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

i just stuck the pic on the facemuck page

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Are these offers announced on the app can't see where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

rameire wrote: »

Got a link to your post, ill give it a like and support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

You can ring customer service to complain. The number is free. I did and suggested they put a restriction on the tills like when you can only buy 1 paracetamol product due to the regulations. It takes it out of the till operators hands. No one can take the piss and buy 40 selection box's. But the big problem is that there isn't near enough stock allocated. A corner shop would sell out by mid morning never mind a lidl

They only have that much at that price, thats how these things work and I haven't heard of a store that had too much stock so they done okay on allocation, the really good deals never last for more than a few hours sometimes theres a que before they even open. Buying 40 of them is a pisstake though, managers their must be soft af. Impractical to put the till lock on it as deals change daily and you'd have to redo it constantly

Tinie wrote: »
    Got a link to your post, ill give it a like and support it.

ah here leave it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Some amount of whining going on about the deal on facebook, ffs people giving out no stock at 11oClock etc,The normal Saturday deals don't even last that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Some amount of whining going on about the deal on facebook, ffs people giving out no stock at 11oClock etc,The normal Saturday deals don't even last that long.

Its like they've never been to lidl before ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Someone please close this thread. It should be in AH at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Christ almighty...its only some chocolate...

Christ almighty...its only some chocolate...

there was an ask, I facilitated. and its much more than some chocolate, its a matter of life or death. its the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wee abner

Bought six in Dungloe at 17.05. Dozens of them left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

there was an ask, I facilitated. and its much more than some chocolate, its a matter of life or death. its the end of the world.

I know right..Dont worry your little head, ill send you a bag of m+ms to ease your pain :(:(:(:(

I know right..Dont worry your little head, ill send you a bag of m+ms to ease your pain :(:(:(:(

can I get the peanut ones please, they are my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

They need to close down the comments on Lidl's Facebook page - people are just so ridiculous. These offers just seem to bring out the worst in everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiesto10

Hi does anyone know what's on offer tomorrow for day 3 from lidil???

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Someone posted this question in the visitors' posts' section of Lidl's Facebook page. A reply from Lidl went as follows:

Lidl Ireland Hi, tomorrow's offer is on Bushmills whiskey with a saving of €4

Lidl Ireland Hi , under legislation alcohol can only be sold from 10.30am. There will be a quota of 3 applied. Price is €16.99, down from €20.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Satriale wrote: »
    Not impressed with them this year either. Prices are creeping up and their XXL offers are often more expensive than the standard. I've borrowed the sisters Dunnes card and 20% till voucher a couple of times already stocking up for Christmas and the Mrs has those Tesco vouchers so its looking like i mightnt make it to Lidl at all this Christmas.

You don't need your sister's Dunnes ValueClub card to use her Shop & Save voucher - the vouchers aren't linked to specific cards.

If you don't already have your own ValueClub card, I'd seriously recommend signing up as every now and again, they tend to mail out Shop & Save vouchers to irregular shoppers. Same applies to Tesco and SuperValu loyalty schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiesto10

Not a fan of whiskey😥 how can I find out wots on offer Friday 16th ?? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Tiesto10 wrote: »
    Not a fan of whiskey😥 how can I find out wots on offer Friday 16th ?? Please

Ask on Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If it was Jameson or their own stuff (Dundalgan I think it's called) I'd be all over this offer, bushmills though I think I'll be passing on

If it was Jameson or their own stuff (Dundalgan I think it's called) I'd be all over this offer, bushmills though I think I'll be passing on

Could make for a nice present though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing wrong with Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Does anyone have a link to where on their website they show those offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I think they just update their homepage on the website each day.

I was lucky to get the Santas yesterday - apparently in many stores the offers were sold out immediately. They've introduced quotas of 3 per customer now, I believe, so hopefully that will help.

I think they just update their homepage on the website each day.

I was lucky to get the Santas yesterday - apparently in many stores the offers were sold out immediately. They've introduced quotas of 3 per customer now, I believe, so hopefully that will help.

That was the case yesterday as well. But some posters here mentioned staff at checkout weren't too bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I think I would prefer €10/20 discount vouchers to this 12 days promotion :(

Advertisement