Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No meat allowed on Christmas Day

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

You've never done your cabbage or sprouts in the water from your ham?! Ah here!! I was rared on it!

No, I asked my friends after reading your post, and it seems to be an Irish tradition that completely passed our house by, my Mum has never done it. Unfortunately I can't ask her why not, but I wonder if its because my Dad had a real problem with fat on meat, he loved ham but had to cut every bit of fat off it, so maybe she tried it when they were first married, but the scum on the top of the water put him off?

But thanks for posting it, having spoken to people, who all swear by it, I shall be trying it :):)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dr Jakub wrote: »
    I'll be having a big bowl of insects on 'Christmas' day. Just doing my bit to save the environment. It's what the UN recommends.
    What about the air-miles on imported insects ?

And all the packaging , if you get the individually wrapped ones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

What about the air-miles on imported insects ?

And all the packaging , if you get the individually wrapped ones.

Maybe he will go for our indigenous ones. I hear woodlouse is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

not a misleading title at all..sounds like a daily mail headline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

I'll have you know that Mrs Tayto has a black belt in cookery. She could kill you with one chop...

Lamb or Pork? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair, making money with meat products in it is stupid. Hindu's take the issue far more seriously than most vegans. Vegan's are annoyed but for hindu's it's a serious religious issue. I'm sure there was an option that didn't have beef (or pork) in it.

There is probably meat in all notes they absorb a lot of contaminants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Gtfo. I'll eat turkey and ham and raise the carcasses above my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Most vegans do realise this and go to great lengths to find alternatives, but they have to live their lives and have time constraints like everyone else. Fair fecks to them for trying, imo.

People get smug because they'll probably never make their life 100% vegan which is just pathetic.

Simply pointing out that you can try. But Nigh impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Old Bill wrote: »
    The anmial rights brigade are now telling us that we can't eat meat on Christmas Day.

This is another example of Political Correctness gone mad.

https://lovindublin.com/pics/pics-this-bizarre-animal-rights-protest-took-place-on-oconnell-street-this-morning

https://cloud.lovindublin.com/images/_featuredImage/vegan.jpg?mtime=20161206115950

She'd get a bit of meat laying around like that in public.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mzungu wrote: »
    Maybe he will go for our indigenous ones. I hear woodlouse is quite nice.
    Fair enough, there's good eating in an isopod.

http://i.imgur.com/7nP283Z.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Uv56o5O.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Simply pointing out that you can try. But Nigh impossible.

It's possible to get close to 100% vegan-basically by avoiding anything processed- and every little bit counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I love the dark meat on the turkey.
    Yeah, you can really taste the sweetness from the dark meat. (Or at least that's what I heard Dáithí Ó Sé say the other day.)

Advertisement