Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No meat allowed on Christmas Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

That's not political correctness. That's people talking through their hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

don't give lovindubin the clicks. who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No one is telling you that you can't eat meat on Christmas day. It's an awareness campaign, feel free to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Old Bill wrote: »
    The anmial rights brigade are now telling us that we can't eat meat on Christmas Day.

This is another example of Political Correctness gone mad.

https://lovindublin.com/pics/pics-this-bizarre-animal-rights-protest-took-place-on-oconnell-street-this-morning

https://cloud.lovindublin.com/images/_featuredImage/vegan.jpg?mtime=20161206115950

Have you ever looked at the meaning of political correctness or do you just apply it to anything you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think I say it best when I say would they ever fook off and keep their dietery opinions to themselves, same to that clown who won't accept the new £5 notes because they contain a meat product in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The anmial rights brigade are now telling us that we can't eat meat on Christmas Day.
    No, they're telling us we shouldn't eat meat.

I have no problem with this trend of women getting naked to try and make me stop eating meat. I'm not going to stop eating meat no matter how naked they get, so it's win, win.

I must say, it never crossed my mind to eat 1/2 naked ladies on Christmas Day- until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

If you must preach, it is more palatable if you are largely in the nip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Calm down OP, it could be an anti-sprouts campaign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gonna have my steak on xmas day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayson wrote: »
    Have you ever looked at the meaning of political correctness or do you just apply it to anything you dislike?

Bang of Political Correctness off this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Must be baltic in your undies in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

I don't know if it's a joke or not but if it's not then that's the best signature to go along with the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

She looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Other than that protest today, I'm pretty sure that this isn't a recent development.

People have different opinions, it doesn't mean that you have to listen to them. I will be honouring the animals this Christmas by eating them, in order to ensure that they did not die in vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

https://lovindublin.com/pics/pics-this-bizarre-animal-rights-protest-took-place-on-oconnell-street-this-morning

https://cloud.lovindublin.com/images/_featuredImage/vegan.jpg?mtime=20161206115950

Yet again somebody misuses the PC term.

This has nothing to do with political correctness nor are telling you to do or not do something. It's a protest, a campaign even but they are in no position to 'tell' you anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This has like. absolutely nothing to do with PC. at all.

You do know PC doesn't mean "opinions I disagree with/don't like"??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

bluewolf wrote: »
    This has like. absolutely nothing to do with PC. at all.

You do know PC doesn't mean "opinions I disagree with/don't like"??

This has everything to do with Political Correctness the climate change brigade are now also telling us that we must all become vegetarians in order to "save" the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The first time I heard the term 'political correctness' was during the first gulf war when they came out with phrases like 'friendly fire' and 'collateral damage'. I've always thought it meant to sugarcoat your words rather than to say something horrible like "a moronic Yank in a plane has dropped a bomb on a hospital full of innocent civilians".

Not only is a blood soaked woman on a plate not political correctness but I'd say it's the exact opposite of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

ScumLord wrote: »

I have no problem with this trend of women getting naked to try and make me stop eating meat. I'm not going to stop eating meat no matter how naked they get, so it's win, win.

And there was me about to skim over another AH thread. This is worthy of my attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I remember a girl years ago who used to get naked and eat meat.

God I miss that girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They'll be telling me that I have to go to mass on Christmas Day next.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

blond in the Bridget Jones's....mmmmmm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Old Bill wrote:

Ha. Someone you don't know is protesting about something you don't care about and nobody is going to make you do anything as a result.

Jeez, it must be tough being you. Seeing vegans under the bed too? If symptoms persist, consult your physician.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

mfceiling wrote: »
    I remember a girl years ago who used to get naked and eat meat.

God I miss that girl.

mmmmm, anxious for some surf 'n' turf myself now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I'm not going to stop eating meat no matter how naked they get, so it's win, win.

So unless we stop eating meat, blonde ladies will continue to carry out semi naked protests on the streets.

There may be a weakness in this strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This has everything to do with Political Correctness the climate change brigade are now also telling us that we must all become vegetarians in order to "save" the planet.

You're very fond of brigades. "The animal rights brigade!" "The climate change brigade!" "The politically correct brigade!"

Great craic altogether.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But aren't they the guys who tell us not to meat on every other day of the year too ?

The only way this would be mildly interesting is if they said "Eat meat on Stephen's day instead."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The only way this would be mildly interesting is if they said "Eat meat on Stephen's day instead."

NO! You're too politically correct to understand but there are whole brigades, BRIGADES, of policitally correct, animal rights brigadiers that are try to steal the turkey and ham from your children's mouths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Next thing you know the fire brigade will be telling us not to commit arson. :mad:

Advertisement