Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No meat allowed on Christmas Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I should have been informed of this protest earlier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

goz83 wrote: »
    I should have been informed of this protest earlier :pac:

It was the early bird menu.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

PETA, against eating meat? Well I never.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Man has been killing and eating animals since he first walked on this planet OP.
    I don't think this practice is in danger of being banned anytime soon. :p

PETA have a right to voice their opinion and you have the right to ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I remember when we were allowed to reverse our cars through shop windows and fill the boot with chocolate bars and crisps and drive off again but political correctness put an end to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Old Bill wrote: »
    This has everything to do with Political Correctness the climate change brigade are now also telling us that we must all become vegetarians in order to "save" the planet.

And that is not 'political correctness' either.

Please learn what the term means.

Damn PC brigades with their veganism and catalytic converters and their naked women.

Sure you can't even commit a bit of murder anymore without being sent to prison like a criminal. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I didn't eat meat for like 6 Christmasses and it was graaaaaand. I drove my mam mad cos she couldn't do the roasties in the goose fat or the cabbage in the meat water. She HATE me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I didn't eat meat for like 6 Christmasses and it was graaaaaand. I drove my mam mad cos she couldn't do the roasties in the goose fat or the cabbage in the meat water. She HATE me.

Hmmmm cabbage in the meat water, that intrigues me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

This has everything to do with Political Correctness the climate change brigade are now also telling us that we must all become vegetarians in order to "save" the planet.
    Damn politcal correctness. Time was you could call out crazy people for wild ramblings where they misconstrue the meaning of a term and ascribe the actions of lone oddballs such as themselves to some sort of grand conspiracy to rob their food. These days, the mods may actually card this post for insulting this lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

muddypaws wrote: »

You've never done your cabbage or sprouts in the water from your ham?! Ah here!! I was rared on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Please learn what the term means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=political%20correctness
    political correctness

Organized Orwellian intolerance and stupidity, disguised as compassionate liberalism.

Well, that's me stumped. The Urban Dictionary is nothing if not renowned for it's accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It doesn't get more accurate than Urban dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Computer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone who wants a bit of a laugh, I highly recommend having a look at this lad's posting history for all the things he thinks of as examples of "political correctness gone mad". Not being allowed dump rubbish on the side of the road was my favourite one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The actual definition of political correctness.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/politically%20correct

"agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people"

Offending a group of people, in this case meat eaters, is the exact opposite of political correctness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

If you want to eat meat go ahead and eat it. If you don't want to that's fine too. Who cares what this fool of a woman on a plate thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Urban Dictionary being used to cite the accurate definition of a term. We're through the looking glass people.

I wanted to believe it was tongue in cheek.

But it wasn't. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

muddypaws wrote: »

Add the Cabbage into the saucepan when you are boiling some bacon or ham and it tastes great! just make sure that the stock pot or saucepan is big enough:D

Now back to Christmas and the 7 bird roast, leg of lamb, roast beef, ham and smoked salmon and there might be some veggies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"Basically there's a whole generation of people who have confused political correctness with health and safety legislation"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Candie wrote: »
    I wanted to believe it was tongue in cheek.

But it wasn't. :(

would you have a pigs head or a big beef tongue for Christmas dinner?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Someday...somebody will post an actual example of political correctness gone mad. But, nobody will bother to click on it.

Proper boy who cried wolf stuff going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

mzungu wrote: »
    Someday...somebody will post an actual example of political correctness gone mad.

That time the Jewslims stole Christmas from London and hid it in Ulaanbaatar.

A disgrace. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I think I say it best when I say would they ever fook off and keep their dietery opinions to themselves, same to that clown who won't accept the new £5 notes because they contain a meat product in them.

Don't mention pork is basically in everything. Especially medical products.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 26,167 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Someday...somebody will post an actual example of political correctness gone mad.
    This does assume that political correctness is an actual thing.

Which, you know, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Here chicky chicky chicky, it's lovely and warm in there! Roll on the dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't mention pork is basically in everything. Especially medical products.

To be fair, making money with meat products in it is stupid. Hindu's take the issue far more seriously than most vegans. Vegan's are annoyed but for hindu's it's a serious religious issue. I'm sure there was an option that didn't have beef (or pork) in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Someday...somebody will post an actual example of political correctness gone mad. But, nobody will bother to click on it.

Proper boy who cried wolf stuff going on here.

It's political correctness gone mad, gone mad.

Advertisement