Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I guess that'll make people dislike Ed now.

Something something *woke*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Does Mairead still have Dustin on Fridays. I havnt tuned in much in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jfc, the lengths some people go to on here to criticise presenters - especially female ones...

Seriously? Your problem with her now is she takes holidays?! So does - well, every single radio presenter! They're all on similar enough contracts and all take roughly the same number of days off.

Talk about real human issues people are experiencing, especially now cos of Covid - "Too moany!" Don't do that, and go for a more light-hearted show - "Bleedin' 'content creators'!"

She's a dreadful DJ/Presenter. Not just on this show but on pretty much everything she has presented. She has somehow managed to make a very lucrative career as a presenter by being a producer on a radio show. She has no real talent as a presenter. She's every bit as dreadful as Lottie Ryan and Eoghan McGob****e on 2fm

Her gender has nothing to do with it. If she was male, she'd get the same criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

siblers wrote: »
    Her gender has nothing to do with it. If she was male, she'd get the same criticism

But you haven't criticised her. You've just said "Nah, she's crap." You've offered an opinion, with nothing to back it up. Not even "she talks too much/little", "is too moany/too lightweight", "plays crap music." She's apparently crap because you say she's crap. Grow up, you're (presumably) not 12, this isn't the school playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

fire_man wrote: »
    Where is Anna Geary?Havent heard from her on Saturday show in weeks.

Any update on this? Seems to have been solely Declan Pierce for around two months at this stage.

Although I can't say I miss her too much. She tended to be too militant towards women's sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I bet Dec is happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

When did Suzanne Kane start with Today Fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I heard Dara Quilty on BH Monday.
    Mikey Taylor would be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Imagine how he’d be if Laura Britmore was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

So would its_steve116! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm guessing he just got a fill in gig while the rest of the presenters were off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

When did Suzanne Kane start with Today Fm?

According to LinkedIn, Suzanne Kane has been the female voice over artist for Today FM since May 2018. It says that she is a regular contributor to Newstalk, Today FM and various regional stations. Suzanne also hosts a weekly podcast with P.J. Gallagher called Dubland The Podcast. It also states that she is a regular contributor to Virgin Media's Weekend AM breakfast show.

Previously, Suzanne Kane was a presenter on Classic Hits 4FM (home of P.J. Gallagher), Q102, FM104 and Spin103. She was also a producer on Classic Hits 4FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ancient_priest

What’s happening at Today FM?

New shows being announced, head of music “stepping down”...?

Is a full reshuffle on the cards or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭fire_man

So was it confirmed Anna got the axe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

What’s happening at Today FM?

New shows being announced, head of music “stepping down”...?

Is a full reshuffle on the cards or what?

Where ya seeing this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Definitely something going on. D&D, Mairead Farrell, Matt and Alison all off on holidays at the same time?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Definitely something going on. D&D, Mairead Farrell, Matt and Alison all off on holidays at the same time?

So... all the presenters with school-age children take half-term off? IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

ancient_priest, where are you seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

whiterebel wrote: »

Mid term, they obviously decided to take hols at the same time for less disruption

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

3 of the 4 daytime presenters between 9am and 4.30? I don't remember it happening before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Do Mairead and Alison have kids?

They’ve never mentioned them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be fair to Mikey, Dara Quiltys podcast is actually class. I actually miss him on the airwaves but that says more about the content creator rage at the moment.

ShagNastii wrote: »

Nah, they have.

So too have Dermot, Dave, Matt, and Ed, but y'know, cognitive bias... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jonathan King

Why have so many bloody buzz words come to radio? Managers are now called "content directors" djs are called "content creators" wtf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

Why have so many bloody buzz words come to radio? Managers are now called "content directors" djs are called "content creators" wtf ?

The music is now second fiddle to the drivel most of them now spout on every show. Dec and Ed are the only music orientated DJs left on the station

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

statto25 wrote: »
    The music is now second fiddle to the drivel most of them now spout on every show. Dec and Ed are the only music orientated DJs left on the station

Suzanne Kane admitted during the week that Pitbull is her favourite artist. Exactly what you want to hear from someone hosting the midday show on a national music station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Good to hear a normal "DJ" Phil Cawley still on Today FM 4 to 7pm today.
    Just hanging in there no doubt, in 6 months time he probably will be gone....as Keith McCormack will bring in another social media female to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Tork

siblers wrote: »
    Suzanne Kane admitted during the week that Pitbull is her favourite artist. Exactly what you want to hear from someone hosting the midday show on a national music station

What's wrong with her liking Pitbull? Apart from their evening shows which are aimed at an older audience, Today FM is a youth music station. I can't stand Pitbull myself but I wouldn't condemn Suzanne Kane for liking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tork wrote: »
    What's wrong with her liking Pitbull? Apart from their evening shows which are aimed at an older audience, Today FM is a youth music station. I can't stand Pitbull myself but I wouldn't condemn Suzanne Kane for liking him.

I'd condemn anyone for liking Pitbull

ShagNastii wrote: »

Good to hear a normal "DJ" Phil Cawley still on Today FM 4 to 7pm today.
    Just hanging in there no doubt, in 6 months time he probably will be gone....as Keith McCormack will bring in another social media female to replace him.

Phil's lovely and all, but talking right now about locking himself into the studio to play Christmas music, and it's a rare show of his where he won't mention some of his family... As pointed out above, so do Ed, Matt, Dave and, indeed, Dec.

I can see I'm going to have to save this one from Ed for easy re-use:

Well said, Ed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Tork

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd condemn anyone for liking Pitbull

I bet you're not 25

Advertisement