Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

siblers wrote: »
    Wonder how Dave feels about that? Dermot is probably more outspoken than Dave but I think they are both as good as each other. It's actually a very good show outside of the god awful music

The Friday podcast the best of the Dermot and Dave show is brilliant about 1.5 hours, it's all of the best bits with none of the music, I always properly laugh out loud listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Loughc wrote: »
    The Friday podcast the best of the Dermot and Dave show is brilliant about 1.5 hours, it's all of the best bits with none of the music, I always properly laugh out loud listening to it.

Nice one, no idea they had a podcast for that. Will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

siblers wrote: »
    Wonder how Dave feels about that? Dermot is probably more outspoken than Dave but I think they are both as good as each other. It's actually a very good show outside of the god awful music

I’d agree that they’re both about as good as each other. They probably have Say Stuff That Suits The Music and bits like that to show off Dermot in the entry, and then Dave would have Dave’s World.

Could be interesting if they introduced a duo/group award, so best duo/trio presenters (not sure there are any zoo shows in Ireland atm but anyway). You’d assume Dermot & Dave would do well if that was a category.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

Where is Anna Geary?Havent heard from her on Saturday show in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

fire_man wrote: »
    Where is Anna Geary?Havent heard from her on Saturday show in weeks.
    You should consider yourself lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Is she doing fittest family again? They may be filming at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ya maybe that's it.Show better just with one presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fergal D'Arcy was on today around 5pm, must have been covering Declan Pearce

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I threw the radio out the window and listed to the neighbours dog barking instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is she doing fittest family again? They may be filming at the moment

She hasn't been on in a few weeks now and her picture and any mention of her is gone from the website too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I can confirm they're filming Ireland's Fittest Family at the moment, and she is involved. That said, filming is almost exclusively done on the weekends at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

nc6000 wrote: »
    She hasn't been on in a few weeks now and her picture and any mention of her is gone from the website too.

Instead of a #WheresMyRefund twitter campaign, Matt can start a #WheresAnna one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

nc6000 wrote: »

It's looking good so....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

She's doing a Repak Campaign at the moment, as well as some other PR-gigs thanks to Noel.

The radio silence is interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭RINO87

Paul McLoone was fantastic last night... A rare reminder of what evenings on Today FM used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Christ sake, what are they doing in Today FM? Marios Sunday Roast now finished. just when he'd started a new segment interviewing the likes of people he doesnt necessarily agree with. Only really got into it in the last couple of months but generally found it funny and informed and balanced. Today FM is really gone to sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Christ sake, what are they doing in Today FM? Marios Sunday Roast now finished. just when he'd started a new segment interviewing the likes of people he doesnt necessarily agree with. Only really got into it in the last couple of months but generally found it funny and informed and balanced. Today FM is really gone to sh1te.

Didn't hear that announcement - what/who is taking its place?

I found it very hit and miss - had some good topics at times, and some good contributors. At others, it was very meh, right on and woke. I liked the segment on the story behind the song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

I found it very hit and miss - had some good topics at times, and some good contributors. At others, it was very meh, right on and woke. I liked the segment on the story behind the song though.

Mario has it up on his twitter. Yeah I thought that was a great piece. At least he had people on with him who had differing views e.g. David Quinn, Karl Dieter, Ian Doherty etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

A show about what your favorite penny sweet was or a show about the craic you had in school or a show about how much craic Irish mammies are or a show about.....you get the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really? That's disappointing (which seems to be a today fm trend), I enjoyed it for the most part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Presented by none other than guess who.....Fergal Darcy!!
    statto25 wrote: »
    A show about what your favorite penny sweet was or a show about the craic you had in school or a show about how much craic Irish mammies are or a show about.....you get the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I didn’t listen to his show much as I barely listen to today FM much in the last couple of years because all the presenters I liked and were actually good left and i have my own music I actually like and there are other stations doing a far better job than today fm are doing. That being said even if the gift grub stuff was a bit jaded I liked mario rosenstock who seemed a nice guy.

No doubt he’ll be replaced by another bland radio presenter T -100 and plug and go. I’ve said it before but today fm was a great station and unfortunately they’ve hitched their to the content creators crowd in an IMO mis guided belief that that’s the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

The website now lists Sunday Election in the slot. What's the longest they've gone without a line-up change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

johnire wrote: »
    Presented by none other than guess who.....Fergal Darcy!!

Or Hector O'Hockeystick

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Sweet Jesus what are they doing

Friday Nights 80’s - Gone
    Soccer Saturday- Gone
    Anton Savage - Gone
    Sunday Roast - Gone

They really don’t believe in building an audience anymore, chasing the Tweenies and Instagram generation.

If they so much as lay a finger on Ian Dempsey !!

The Sunday Roast was really getting good and developed into a good listen, probably to be replaced by some text Whatapp interaction nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I'm sure a pamela or a paula (how many are there??... and they all sound the same) will take the show's place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

statto25 wrote: »

#ContentCreators :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

PhoneMain wrote: »

He probably had 3 people he didn't agree with on his show over 2 or 3 years.

Anytime I had to misfortune to tune it it was terrible radio. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Mario is a busted flush as Eamon Dunphy used to say.

Mario should maybe turn to mimicking himself. A Blackrock born and bred failed actor who got lucky cos he could mimck people but turned less and less amusing as the years went on and just lost another job as the ar$e is about to fall out of his profession.

Now I'd listen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

BPKS wrote: »
    He probably had 3 people he didn't agree with on his show over 2 or 3 years.

Anytime I had to misfortune to tune it it was terrible radio. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Mario is a busted flush as Eamon Dunphy used to say.

Mario should maybe turn to mimicking himself. A Blackrock born and bred failed actor who got lucky cos he could mimck people but turned less and less amusing as the years went on and just lost another job as the ar$e is about to fall out of his profession.

Now I'd listen to that.

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yeah that show is no great loss...hes a terrible presenter/dj, and the gift grub schtick is starting to wear thin as well

Advertisement