Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭mike2084

PLEASE don't go to Viagogo. Tickets will pop up on the day or in and around. Even just head down to the stadium.

The shíte that went on for the RWC with Viagogo was absolutely disgusting.

I can vouch for this I got France tickets last year on the Friday from TM for the game on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Looking for 2 or more tickets for France vs. Ireland. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Is anyone waiting on tickets, brothers Scotland tickets have still not arrived definitely do not want to be queuing up at the truck to get em and the group getting split up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I’m looking for a ticket for the Ireland game in Paris if anyone can help out?
    fitz213 wrote: »
    Looking for 2 or more tickets for France vs. Ireland. Thanks :)

They were still on sale up until a fortnight ago!!!

Damn shame. I'd still make the trip if I were you lads. Easily pick up some over there. And if you don't you'll still be in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

boyznoise wrote: »
    Is anyone waiting on tickets, brothers Scotland tickets have still not arrived definitely do not want to be queuing up at the truck to get em and the group getting split up.

Nope. I ordered Scotland tickets (both through the supporters club originally and two more I bought last Wednesday online) and both sets have arrived along with Wales tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kb1989

Some single seats for Scotland match on Ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

kb1989 wrote: »
    Some single seats for Scotland match on Ticketmaster now.

Went on and seemed to be literally 1 single ticket left in stadium and was gone when I clicked. Some more crop up again though! Cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

There's a single there now €75
    Block 130 Row V

I'd need 2 tickets so I'm passing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Give over.

Not at all. Viagogo does serve a purpose. I have bought from them several times, and the service is very good. It meant I got to games I otherwise would not have. I have two friends returning from abroad going to the Scotland game and they bought through Stubhub - the premium wasnt really a factor in their overall cost of the visit, and to being sure of going rather than hoping and scrounging around this week and maybe not getting them, made it well worth while to them.
    Of course, if their were a better way to get tickets into genuine fans hands wuthout a third party hooving up public sales of them, and getting a big wedge passing them on, that would be great. But there isnt it seems. Viagogo allows the true market to reassert itself. Fundamentally it shows that ticket prices are too low, and not priced according to demand.

Not at all. Viagogo does serve a purpose. I have bought from them several times, and the service is very good. It meant I got to games I otherwise would not have. I have two friends returning from abroad going to the Scotland game and they bought through Stubhub - the premium wasnt really a factor in their overall cost of the visit, and to being sure of going rather than hoping and scrounging around this week and maybe not getting them, made it well worth while to them.
    Of course, if their were a better way to get tickets into genuine fans hands wuthout a third party hooving up public sales of them, and getting a big wedge passing them on, that would be great. But there isnt it seems. Viagogo allows the true market to reassert itself.

I disagree with Viagogo in principal but you are right that they serve a purpose. Toutless and other sites are all well and good but you've near zero recourse if your tickets don't work and are trusting sellers entirely. Additionally, for sold out events, it's luck of the draw if you get first to a free ticket. Viagogo also gives people the ability to purchase them off the bat which they don't have elsewhere.

The issue is the legislation continuing to remain in the ether and not limiting resale to 10% profit. Its not a true market reasserting itself, its just simply the only option where there's probably 2-5% of tickets available. The other 95% (in some instances) don't see the light of day.
    Fundamentally it shows that ticket prices are too low, and not priced according to demand.

This isn't true. If you strangle supply to a point where tickets aren't publicly available, you can't accurately assess the demand value based on third party sites. If these were gigs that sold out after a big standard sale, I'd somewhat agree. But they're not. They begin as sold out with tickets funnelled to corporate resellers at the outset.

It fundamentally shows that tickets are mis-sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 shinjik124

There are a number of competitions for tickets on Twitter.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Viagogo is simply ticketmasters "superprofit" making outlet.

They judge the demand by the online activity on release, and syphon tickets to Viagogo in the knowledge that yet bigger the demand, the more likely the sale of over priced tickets.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Viagogo is simply ticketmasters "superprofit" making outlet.

They judge the demand by the online activity on release, and syphon tickets to Viagogo in the knowledge that yet bigger the demand, the more likely the sale of over priced tickets.

That was Seatwave. Viagogo is a different company.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That was Seatwave. Viagogo is a different company.

Thanks, got them mixed up.

I hold both in the same distain

Brothers tickets still not arrived for the game on Sat, rang TM apparently printed last week, poor show.

Brothers tickets still not arrived for the game on Sat, rang TM apparently printed last week, poor show.

If it gets close and tickets haven't come they should be able to email, but know some people like keeping tickets too. Week of seems very late in the day tbh

Have they emailed Ireland tickets in the past? Do not want to pick up messes up the plans for the day

Have they emailed Ireland tickets in the past? Do not want to pick up messes up the plans for the day

Happened me for the November matches in 2018 - had to collect from the Ticketmaster van - eTickets not an option apparently.

I could be wrong. I did it for Leinster Munster match before. Maybe Ireland games are different

I'm pretty sure it's pick up only. I bought tickets last year for the France game on the Friday and the only option was collection.

• Advertisement

In saying all that, there are Scotland tickets on Ticketmaster now and it’s giving eTicket as the delivery option.

TM make it up as they go along, it seems.

If they don't arrive 2moro will provide me with e-tickets which is a win l suppose

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭mike2084

My tickets for Wales arrived today - though they were sent out by MRSC.

Tickets back up for Scotland game on TM

More tickets up for Scotland game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

More tickets up for Scotland game.

Site is toying with me I pick the tickets but they're gone and it won't bring me to the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Just picked up 2 tickets so keep checking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Few big blocks of tickets up now in 516 and 501.
    Scandalous that so many tickets are held back till now.

Makes you wonder how many has been held back for the Wales game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Pretty happy been hitting refresh all day. Managed to get 2 and they were cheaper than the ones that were on sale this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement