Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog had bad convulsion

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

So sorry to hear the news pilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

So so sorry to hear..

Rainbow-Bridge-Poem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

That's beautiful ^^^
    So sorry to read about Claude, you did a wonderful thing in adopting him and should be proud, I'm sure you made his last years very happy ones. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

You're making the best decision for him ,
    Thinking of you both x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Thinking of you Pilly. Rest in paradise Claude. So glad ye found each other for those years and he is at peace. Take care of yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Someone posted this before, and of course Pilly has already done this since she took Claude when he was already grown, but I just thought it was so lovely, and in a way it also applies to Claude, because he arrived after a previous dog had died if I'm not mistaken. I think it's wonderful that Pilly knows that she did that for Claude, and for three whole years, not much for a human, but a big chunk of a dog's life :

The Legacy

When humans die, they make a will
    To leave their homes and all they have to those they love.
    I, too, would make a will if I could write.

To some poor wistful, lonely stray
    I leave my happy home,
    My dish, my cozy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy.
    The well loved lap, the gentle stroking hand,
    The loving voice,
    The place I made in someone’s heart,
    The love that at the last could help me to
    A peaceful painless end
    Held in loving arms.

If I should die, Oh do not say,
    “No more a pet I’ll have, to grieve me by it’s loss”
    Seek out some lonely, unloved dog
    And give my place to him.
    This is the legacy I leave behind –
    ’til all I have to give.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

That's a beautiful poem, thank you. Miss Claude soo much. Keep looking around for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭volchitsa

It is isn't it? It made me cry, TBH, and I haven't even lost a pet recently, and never a dog, yet. (We only ever had cats before. It's sad when they die too, my kids were really upset - so was I actually - but cats aren't as dependent on their owners being good to them, they can just leave if they're unhappy.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Sorry Pilly. I was reading it for the past week and sad to hear how it ended.

Our wee Millie is only 3 but my world would end if anything happened to her, so I can only imagine your pain. Sorry doesn't really cut it but for what little it's worth, sorry.

• Advertisement

He was such a quiet dog I still haven't really taken in that he's gone. Just realised I have the sitting room door open in case he wants to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

You weren't given much time to come to terms with it, were you? It happened so suddenly. You know that you did the right thing for your beloved Claude, but it doesn't help, does it? Checking into this forum must be bittersweet, to say the least. It's been a sad week for pets and their owners.

May you find the comfort and peace you so deserve for taking in and caring for Claude, when so many would have walked on by. You have my respect and admiration and I wish you well.

You weren't given much time to come to terms with it, were you? It happened so suddenly. You know that you did the right thing for your beloved Claude, but it doesn't help, does it? Checking into this forum must be bittersweet, to say the least. It's been a sad week for pets and their owners.

I could have taken longer but he was in pain and confused. Couldn't watch him suffer just for my sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hey Pilly,

I hope youre doing well x

shakencat wrote: »
    Hey Pilly,

I hope youre doing well x

Hi,

Thanks, I'm not too bad. I was away in Canada for Christmas and have to say coming back without him in the house was probably my lowest point. :mad:

Whenever I was on holidays before I was always dying to get back to him.

Still, have to keep thinking he's a peace and he had a great life with me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

so sorry so sad but you did the right thing

Advertisement