Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Good advice there bk I'll grab a few of the gu10s and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭RonTon

Is the offer on the colour gu10 set gone? Saw it last night after 12 ,said I’d do it in the morning ,can’t see it now on Amazon ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

deezell wrote: »
    No Norn Iron delivery either.

JohnLewis has it also for that price, no IRl delivery but it seems to accept parcel motel address. Is it risky with them, given the size and value. So tempting

Amazon.de have it at €1299 if that makes it any more tempting and there complaints/returns policy should be good.

They are, and for £50 your getting 3m of lightstrip. They aint much to look at when they come out of the box, but set them up right, and they become feature lights in a room.

If you want to go through the German site the 3m are €52.99

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

THE ALM wrote: »
    Amazon.de have it at €1299 if that makes it any more tempting and there complaints/returns policy should be good.

Crikey 65" LG OLEDs for €1800! That is outstanding for that size and quality. Doesn't ship to Ireland though, but it is looking like the era of OLED is here.

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    Crikey 65" LG OLEDs for €1800! That is outstanding for that size and quality. Doesn't ship to Ireland though, but it is looking like the era of OLED is here.

yip, that B7 would be a nice view, too big for me at 65"

hardly a tap of work done today....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

hardly a tap of work done today....

It should nearly be a public holiday at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

RonTon wrote: »
    Is the offer on the colour gu10 set gone? Saw it last night after 12 ,said I’d do it in the morning ,can’t see it now on Amazon ;(

I can't find the deal either. Looks to be 149€ here

few more Hue deals just gone up here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2 Blooms & a LightStrip + for £110 - now that's a bargain for anyone that wants it.

I'm looking at all these deals thinking "I don't need any more Hue Lights"

"But What if I bought this?"

"It'd only need 6 E14 bulbs!!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

or a single smart plug

that would be a good disco light, add it to the entertainment group...

Didn't need any bulbs either but have bought 2x 3m strip deals, a 3x B22 colour ambiance deal and a white starter pack from woodies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Can you stop? I am between more lights and divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Google Home Mini + 2 x Hue Colour B22 + Hue bridge for £79:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-lighting/philips-hue-white-and-colour-ambiance-mini-smart-bulb-b22-starter-kit-google-home-mini-charcoal-bundle-10187625-pdt.html

Excellent deal. Note they also have the same deal but with E27 bulbs and different Mini colours.

Just about to push the button on this Currys UK deal - but it says not available for Delivery - any bright ideas or options ?

mossym wrote: »
    or a single smart plug

nah, when you're already all in on Hue, (about 48 currently active bulbs), you're only ever looking at ways to add more!!

"They say the first step is admitting you have a problem"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

"They say the first step is admitting you have a problem"

Still waiting for the admission.... ;)

that would be a good disco light, add it to the entertainment group...

Didn't need any bulbs either but have bought 2x 3m strip deals, a 3x B22 colour ambiance deal and a white starter pack from woodies...

Hah ! I actually have that Ikea light at home in a corner - not putting six Hue bulbs in it though.

mx5ire wrote: »
    Hah ! I actually have that Ikea light at home in a corner - not putting six Hue bulbs in it though.

I already have 2 spare colour E14's, so another 3 would we all I'd need really!

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Can you stop? I am between more lights and divorce.

I tend to just change a bulb at a time and let on it been like that for a while....or I bought them ages ago and only getting around to fitting them and the ones that are being fitted are actually free as they came with the other six:D

now would be the time to do it...;)

for those on the look out for a camera

now would be the time to do it...;)

i am currently panic browing looking for the best Hub/Colour bulb package - seeing as Currys UK wont deliver now. I ask an Irish store if they would price match and they laughed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭limnam

I ask an Irish store if they would price match and they laughed...

boom is back! :pac:

i am currently panic browing looking for the best Hub/Colour bulb package - seeing as Currys UK wont deliver now. I ask an Irish store if they would price match and they laughed...

probably get a deal on the bulbs and be able to pick up a hub handy enough after today

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just about to push the button on this Currys UK deal - but it says not available for Delivery - any bright ideas or options ?

Ah sorry, it was available for delivery when I bought it!

If you are interested I actually have a pack of Echo Dot + Hue Bridge + 2 x Hue E27 colour bulbs coming for £80 that I don't need now *. I was going to send it back, but if you want it you can have it for that price, save me shipping it back. No problem at all if your not interested, just if it helps you out. If a better deal for you comes up, go for it.

* Long story, I ordered this deal, then I saw the one on Currys and ordered that too, then went back to amazon to try and cancel the first order, but turns out the Dot had already dispatched and I couldn't cancel. The bulbs haven't actually shipped yet and no indication of when they will yet! But I can return them when they do, just a bit of a pain.

Ah sorry, it was available for delivery when I bought it!

If you are interested I actually have a pack of Echo Dot + Hue Bridge + 2 x Hue E27 colour bulbs coming for £80 that I don't need now *. I was going to send it back, but if you want it you can have it for that price, save me shipping it back. No problem at all if your not interested, just if it helps you out. If a better deal for you comes up, go for it.

* Long story, I ordered this deal, then I saw the one on Currys and ordered that too, then went back to amazon to try and cancel the first order, but turns out the Dot had already dispatched and I couldn't cancel. The bulbs haven't actually shipped yet and no indication of when they will yet! But I can return them when they do, just a bit of a pain.

i would happily bite your hand off for that price - sounds great and thanks for thinking of me. Let me know how you want to proceed etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

If anyone else decides they don’t want it I’d also happily price match and pay shipping. Looked at it during the night when up with the newborn but it was gone by the time I got to talk to my other half about it

• Advertisement

i would happily bite your hand off for that price - sounds great and thanks for thinking of me. Let me know how you want to proceed etc

PM sent

Advertisement