Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you like your steak?

Options
  • 28-11-2016 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't steak just great, no food makes me happier eating it.

How do you like your steak cooked?

Medium rare myself, although I would eat it rarer than that, I just can't stand for well done steak though, seems utterly pointless and tasteless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

It annoys me when I hear a person ordering a well done steak, especially a good cut like fillet.

Just order a burger you philistine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I liked them well cooked until I started going to France a lot and since then it's been rare all the way. So much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

At your moms house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

big and rare.

Just cut off its horns and wipe its arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

davo2001 wrote: »
    It annoys me when I hear a person ordering a well done steak, especially a good cut like fillet.

Pisses me off too, its basically burned and all the flavour is cooked out of it.

I mean have they ever had a properly cooked steak or are they just turned off by the blood which isn't even blood its water and protein.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Blue - although it's hard to get one cooked blue properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I like steak medium to well done, and I just love when some annoying kunt at the table tells me I can't/shouldn't eat it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Medium rare. Burgers more or less the same once mince is good.

What's the point in dry flavourless piece of meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

davo2001 wrote: »

Couldnt agree more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭gifted

When a good vet could make it moo again..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rare to medium rare depending on where I am. Some places really overcook them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

medium rare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I grew up in family of extremely well done (burnt) steak eaters.
    I didn't know any different until I learned that wasn't really the way it was supposed to be.
    I'm slowly training myself to eat it less cooked and am happily eating
    medium-well at the moment. Small steps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't like meat with blood still visible, it is how wild animals eat meat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Just run it through a warm room.

Any more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

Inside a female

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Well done steak is a waste, in fact when one is ordered in a restaurant most waiters will announce 'one steak wasted chef!' when they hit the kitchen.

Me, 3 minutes each side. On a plate with nothing else and suck and lick the blood up at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What a coincidence, I'm reading a book right now about a guy in the 1800s who tried to cure illnesses (pretty much all illnesses) in his clinic with just a steak and water diet. For years these people were only allowed to eat steak and nothing else apart from coffee later on in their recovery. Seems he was getting some great results too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

big and rare.

Just cut off its horns and wipe its arse.

and before you do that open the top gate to the field, ta let a bit of a warm breeze through just to hate it up a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

RobertKK wrote: »

It's not blood.

What is it with overcooking everything in this country?

It's either boiled to **** or fried to ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Inside something warm and female

Slightly worrying but intriguing. Would you care to extrapolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Guess what?

Its hardly blood at all!

Mostly water and protein.

I think that's what I love about, their is something pre-historic about eating slightly cooked meat. I had a T-bone recently, lovely red and juicy, then you pick up the bone and clean anything left on it, felt like a cave man!

And its not blood/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I love ordering a nice big fillet steak medium well in a nice fancy restaurant and when they ask me what sauce I want with it it reply....

Ketchup!!

Anything to drink sir.....

Cold milk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    I grew up in family of extremely well done (burnt) steak eaters.
    I didn't know any different until I learned that wasn't really the way it was supposed to be.
    I'm slowly training myself to eat it less cooked and am happily eating
    medium-well at the moment. Small steps :D

I grew up with the exact same thing!only found it wasn't everyone that had their steak like that a few years ago.

frag420 wrote: »
    I love ordering a nice big fillet steak medium well in a nice fancy restaurant and when they ask me what sauce I want with it it reply....

Ketchup!!

Anything to drink sir.....

Cold milk!!

Heresy

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭md23040

Heat a frying pan best on gas and leave on a high heat for at least 5 minutes without oil. Add steak which has good dousing of good oil applied and properly seasoned.

Immediately turn the steak after 20 seconds and cook for 2.5 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Rest the steak in tin foil sunny side (shiny side) out. After 5 minutes served with mashed Patato and onions - there's nothing better than a properly cooked steak just shy of medium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Medium rare and Rib eye for me.

Advertisement