Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show = Ireland a Nation of Simpletons?

Options
12346»

Comments

You know what, The Toy Show is excellent. Screw you, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Synode wrote: »
    Because they get a trailer full of giveaways. The amount last night was very impressive

It should be donated to charity by the companies involved. I don't see the point of handing out stuff to the audience every 10 mins just for sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    I watched a half hour of it tonight and I stand by my original post. Any adult who is entertained by this ****e needs help.

A fcuking national embarrassment. Lol!

The famine clearly did not kill enough of us.

You're certainly correct there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    I watched a half hour of it tonight and I stand by my original post. Any adult who is entertained by this ****e needs help.

A fcuking national embarrassment. Lol!

The famine clearly did not kill enough of us.

You start a thread moaning about how rubbish it is but you watch it anyway and come back to post again :confused:

You don't like it, grand but it is children's television, it's like arguing about the cultural relevance of the Teletubbies or Ben 10. I watched last night with my family. It's not the most highbrow thing I've seen recently but so what. It's not trying to be and we all enjoyed it. You really need to pull the stick out of your arse and not get so hung up on what other people watch.

• Administrators Posts: 13,816 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

pauliebdub wrote: »
    It should be donated to charity by the companies involved. I don't see the point of handing out stuff to the audience every 10 mins just for sitting there.

All the toys are donated to various charities. I'm sure the businesses do their bit throughout the whole year too, that the public tend not to hear about. What's the harm in a bit of publicity by giving out a few freebies to the audience. "One for everybody in the audience" has been a staple of the Late Late Show forever. The Toy Show is just a bit extra. And what's to say that some members of the audience don't pass on the freebies to others who might like them?

People begrudge anyone anything these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Agree with that, while charities are great, it seems like everyone that benefits from a bit of luck gets the charity angle thrown at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

All the toys are donated to various charities. I'm sure the businesses do their bit throughout the whole year too, that the public tend not to hear about. What's the harm in a bit of publicity by giving out a few freebies to the audience. "One for everybody in the audience" has been a staple of the Late Late Show forever. The Toy Show is just a bit extra. And what's to say that some members of the audience don't pass on the freebies to others who might like them?

I'm not begrudging anyone.

• Administrators Posts: 13,816 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Sounds like you are...
    pauliebdub wrote: »
    I don't see the point of handing out stuff to the audience every 10 mins just for sitting there.

The point of handing free stuff out to the audience is because it's a bit of craic. It's been done forever and it's marketing for the shops. I'd love to be in the audience for a few freebies. I mightn't use them all but I'm sure I'd find some people who would definitely appreciate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

For jaysus sake Smyths toys just GIVES them the toys. They don't charge for them, the best they get is a couple of mentions on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm on mobile so can't show the actual tweet but I didnt realise how many crazy Sherlocks there were

Edit: ah the linky works from mobile, it's an Xmas miracle

https://twitter.com/sherlockciara/status/804836914268409856

• Advertisement
Advertisement