Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye vs Bellew

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Oh here comes Eddie Hearn and his Sleazy Wideboy Grin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

x PyRo wrote: »
    Usually agree with you Johner but not this time - Haye wins one way or another minus the injury.

Bellew was blowing out of his arse after the sixth!

Do you not think Haye's makeup was built for an eary KO though Pyro? I think Bellew punched himself out a bit in rounds 6/7 but he has proven he can go 12 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Eddie Hearn looks devastated that he didn't get more than 1 question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

titan18 wrote: »
    Cos we keep getting peddled this **** or the likes of Wilder or Joshua fighting tomato cans instead of the best fighting each other. As long as fights like this make money, we'll continue to get crap like this. I mean, Bellew probably makes more money with this crap and rematches than if he fought someone like Usyk or Briedis.

The best rarely fight each other in boxing because they can more or less pick and choose the majority of the time.

It's not because of casual boxing fans it's a fundamental flaw in boxing that you can have 3 or 4 major world champions in each division without them ever fighting each other.

Every sport has casual fans and they all need them to survive because the "hard-core fans" are not enough to put a show on tv for.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Yeah Haye actually started to grow into the fight after the early wildness escaped him. Would have fancied him...but that's sport, sh*t happens. Amazing how Bellew lost all sense of a plan after being disciplined and intelligent early on. Obviously instinct is to go straight for the kill, but surely after a while you realise there's a better way to take him out. He actually took some seriously stupid risks. He won in the end but his tactics after the injury were as bizarre as anything else in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Johner wrote: »
    Do you not think Haye's makeup was built for an eary KO though Pyro? I think Bellew punched himself out a bit in rounds 6/7 but he has proven he can go 12 before.

Oh 100% and he was pretty shit, timing all over the shop when Bellew wasn't giving any opportunities. Agree that TB punched himself out but worst case scenario, Haye could have limped to a rubbish points win imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭ooter

Just seen footage of haye leaving the arena, even on a gammy leg he walked out quicker than he walked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

snowflaker wrote: »
    Does anyone actually think this fight was good??? Really???

Yes, I've got lads on a whatsapp group talking about "great heart" plus a good portion of the inebriated souls in the crowd cheered when a rematch was mooted. . .

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I had it 3-2 Haye and he was coming into the fight but I think he would have gassed myself. He came in heavier than normal, he genuinely believed this fight wasn't going more than a couple of rounds(like most people).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

darced wrote: »
    I find that a pretty ridiculous notion, Haye was winning it easily. Bellew hardly threw a punch until the injury.

How was he going to beat him? he lost a round when Haye was on one leg remember.

Yeah bellew was definitely blowing heavier at the point of injury... Haye would have won handily imo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Oh 100% and he was pretty shit, timing all over the shop when Bellew wasn't giving any opportunities. Agree that TB punched himself out but worst case scenario, Haye could have limped to a rubbish points win imo.

You could be right but personally I think Bellew was pacing himself well and when the injury came he got a bit too excited and shot his load too early. I just think Haye would have been dragged into the later rounds without the injury and Bellew would have won on points. I'm just basing this on my opinion that Haye was designed for an early KO, could be wrong but that's just how I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

No question haye would have won that only for the injury

jobless wrote: »
    Yeah bellew was definitely blowing heavier at the point of injury... Haye would have won handily imo

Yeah, I think Haye had been very sloppy in the first few rounds. Bellew took a few strong punches to be fair. Before the fight everybody had been talking about how it would favour Bellew if the fight went longer, but on the basis of how it was playing out it would have favoured Haye, if he'd had the use of both legs, if the fight had gone longer. Bellew was gassed. I certainly don't begrudge him the money for his family, but my oh my he has been lucky in his last two fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

pac_man wrote: »
    Loved it probably more so because it far exceeded my expectations. There was always that chance that Bellew was going to walk onto something from the time Haye got injured, kinda like that famous Danny Williams fight.

Haye can't win. If he retires in the fight due to a injury, people will say he's a quitter and making excuses just like the Wlad fight. If he shows balls and continues, people will just slate him out of it, probably the same people that watch boxing once a year.

There was zero skill. Where was the boxing talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,703 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mills V Haye would be good .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

A poor showing of a 'spectacle', almost comical tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Romulus45 wrote: »
    What a load of ****e. That interview from Haye just stank of desperation. As much as I don't like him I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. What a disaster. Bellew was gassed after the 6th round and didn't have the power to knock out a man who couldn't defend himself. There is no credibility to that garbage. Fury is the only saviour for the heavyweight division and I hope he comes back.

Fury is done. Joshua will win next month. Neither Haye or Bellew will ever fight him I believe. It would be a trouncing.

Mills V Haye would be good .

I'd back heather! And she's way more $$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

The fight was weird, the post interview was weird, now social media is oddly quiet haven't seen any articles, videos or comments which is weird

Fury can't do much with UKAD all over him

The fight was weird, the post interview was weird, now social media is oddly quiet haven't seen any articles, videos or comments which is weird

I wouldn't say that ... Tyson Fury has been on the blower anyway..

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury
    Now we all know why David gay pulled out twice vs the furious 1, say no more but told you so, #Gypsyking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

For Haye to carry on after that injury was extraordinary. If he was in Germany to get that checked out because he had an issue, he should have pulled out. I can't believe he carried on and people question his heart! Don't know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,703 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haye now qualifies for the Special Olympics so it's not all bad for him tonight .

• Advertisement

pac_man wrote: »
    I thought Bellew was initially quick on his feet and had Haye missing a good bit. Did you not see that?

It was so sloppy. Haye was missing but it wasn't all down to Bellew.

I dispare for boxing watching that

Advertisement