Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye vs Bellew

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

titan18 wrote: »
    Well, the last fight they probably watched was the last Anthony Joshua fight. They don't even know Thurman - Garcia is on tonight. They wouldn't know who Lomachenko and Roman Gonzalez are. There's feck loads out there who'll only watch whatever crap Sky are hyping and not have any idea of actually good boxing.

And how is that a problem to you to complain about? People pay for stuff they want to watch if they are casual so be it who cares? No one forced you to watch that tonight did they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

People on Twitter calling it an unbelievable fight??? Morons!!!

It was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Best possible outcome from this bizarre joke of a fight is Haye gets his leg amputated and Bellew gets to retire and achieve his dream of being a stay at home dad.

He got injured and fought like a lion. How could a sports fan not appreciate that????

Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭xlogo

There's a whiff off this whole thing.

Live most boxing these days.

• Advertisement

beardo81 wrote: »
    Best possible outcome from this bizarre joke of a fight is Haye gets his leg amputated and Bellew gets to retire and achieve his dream of being a stay at home dad.

Maybe get injured and claim disability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

So somebody in Sky actually realised that David Haye was injured. well thank god for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

titan18 wrote: »
    Sad thing is my friends who are casual boxing fans loved the fight, so as long as there's people like that who'll lap this crap up, it'll always sell well.

I'd have a passing interest in boxing I'd guess, I'm not sure I'd even qualify as a casual fan. It was fairly bizarre, the commentators pretending Bellew actually beat him and a ridiculous post fight interview with no mention of the obvious injury. They were too busy desperately attemping to sell a rematch. Also I think I might be in better shape than Tony Bellew.

Ok I didn't pay for it in the first place but no way would I have any interest in paying to see more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Did anybody see when Eddie Hearn jumped on Bellew's back, and he threw him straight off.

End of the 9th or 10th round he was over at the ref crying about the tape on Haye's leg and made him remove it.

Disgrace of a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Thing i cant get my head around is how deluded bellew is,i feel sorry for him,**** it i would have knocked haye out myself and probably a few rds earlier too

He knows

He's not a fool, he won't be fighting super heavies like Joshua and Wlad

He will get a few more mill for a Haye rematch and call it a day

• Advertisement

Did David Haye get a time out during a round, since when do they do that? Is it me or was the ref intentionally trying to give David Haye time to try compose himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It was like 2 pissed lads having a scrap outside the Arklow bay at 3 am in the morning.

Entertaining though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Romulus45

What a load of ****e. That interview from Haye just stank of desperation. As much as I don't like him I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. What a disaster. Bellew was gassed after the 6th round and didn't have the power to knock out a man who couldn't defend himself. There is no credibility to that garbage. Fury is the only saviour for the heavyweight division and I hope he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Anyone know the fight purse

Did David Haye get a time out during a round, since when do they do that? Is it me or was the ref intentionally trying to give David Haye time to try compose himself?

Bellew punched after the break when the ref was still between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Thing i cant get my head around is how deluded bellew is,i feel sorry for him,**** it i would have knocked haye out myself and probably a few rds earlier too

Bellew just secured his families future, in his head he knew there was a massive chance he'd get KO'd in doing so, he's after winning so fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

jayo26 wrote: »
    And how is that a problem to you to complain about? People pay for stuff they want to watch if they are casual so be it who cares? No one forced you to watch that tonight did they?

Cos we keep getting peddled this **** or the likes of Wilder or Joshua fighting tomato cans instead of the best fighting each other. As long as fights like this make money, we'll continue to get crap like this. I mean, Bellew probably makes more money with this crap and rematches than if he fought someone like Usyk or Briedis.

jimbev wrote: »
    Anyone know the fight purse

£7.2million I think. Majority to Haye, Haye is co-promoter as well so he'll probably clear more than the total purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

End of the 9th or 10th round he was over at the ref crying about the tape on Haye's leg and made him remove it.

Disgrace of a man.

I see your point but I think that's actually in the regs is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Stolen from Reddit: That towel was the most accurate thing thrown from round 6 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Well all round one of the single worst nights of boxing i'v ever seen, just sad in every way, seeing shot Derry Matthews and Paulie Malignaggi take bad L's, Haye fighting like a drunk then getting crippled yet Bellew still not good enough to stop him for several rounds, the cringy celebrations from Hearn and talk of Bellews vs Joshua or Wlad. Garbage in every sense nights like this i really wonder why i bother with boxing it's a joke of a sport at times. Have to be up for work at 8 so can't even stay up for Thurman vs Garcia a real proper fight and one nobody is paying 20 quid to watch.

Does anyone actually think this fight was good??? Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,766 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Footballers go down with no contact and roll over 5 times, Haye fights on with his ankle falling off .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yep I do, what had Haye shown in the first 5 rounds that he could have KO'd Bellew? Age had caught up with Haye, injury just got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

£7.2million I think. Majority to Haye, Haye is co-promoter as well so he'll probably clear more than the total purse.

Wow that is some purse for a domestic fight

Footballers go down with no contact and roll over 5 times, Haye fights on with his ankle falling off .

He went down twice in one round also

• Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Johner wrote: »
    Yep I do, what had Haye showed in the first 5 rounds that he could have KO'd Bellew? Age had caught up with Haye, injury just got there first.

Usually agree with you Johner but not this time - Haye wins one way or another minus the injury.

Bellew was blowing out of his arse after the sixth!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'd have a passing interest in boxing I'd guess, I'm not sure I'd even qualify as a casual fan. It was fairly bizarre, the commentators pretending Bellew actually beat him and a ridiculous post fight interview with no mention of the obvious injury. They were too busy desperately attemping to sell a rematch. Also I think I might be in better shape than Tony Bellew.

Ok I didn't pay for it in the first place but no way would I have any interest in paying to see more of it.

Bellew is a matchroom boxing fighter and Sky are in bed with Matchroom. Whatever fight is upcoming, the matchroom fighter is the good guy and the other is the dangerous chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

The whole context that they are painting this result in is just ridiculous. The narrative should be that the fight was spoiled by an injury to Haye so it's effectively a NC. But given that Bellew won his last fight by whacking a guy in the b*ll*x, I guess it's par for the course.

Advertisement