Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye vs Bellew

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why is the interview like it was a normal fight.
    He isn't mentioning his leg.

He's doing a Brian O'Driscoll... He's just not prepared to mention the injury cos he will be called a whinger, particularly with his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

snowflaker wrote: »
    If anyone pays for this rematch they need their head examined

Tell me you were not on the edge of your seat during that fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

mdwexford wrote: »
    I don't like excuses but he had one leg. It was a freak occurrence injury. Even the interviewer should ask him about it or what happened.

Because bellew said before the fight that he would get injured and use it as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,766 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haye is being far too humble here.

No mention of fact he was injured, and no one asking, stupid person asking questions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why didnt haye mention his leg,they are acting like it was a normal fight i dont get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Ah this is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

stfu about the rematch guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Just when you thought this fight couldn't get any more brain melting. What is this interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

snowflaker wrote: »
    If anyone pays for this rematch they need their head examined

Rematch? Ha

If anyone payed for this in the first place they need their head examined!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

There's a whiff off this whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

This is why people don't like Eddie Hearne. This shyte was PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Ok hayes we get it we get it

Haye sounding really desperate for a rematch now which is sad i presume he was expecting to win this easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

What a dreadful 'fight' that's some serious conning of the general public. Should have been stopped as a non event

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Pity Bellew is a blue sh1te supporter. Always the sign of an @rsehole

Haha apt username

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Heavyweight boxing the new WWE
    What sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

Jesus that interview.... Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the most bizarre post fight interviews I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

titan18 wrote: »
    Sad thing is my friends who are casual boxing fans loved the fight, so as long as there's people like that who'll lap this crap up, it'll always sell well.

Casual boxing fans haha. What's a hard core boxing fan?

The casual fans make the sport for all to enjoy it dont put you on a pedestal if all them casual fans didn't pay or tune in you would be watching bare knuckle boxing on youtube filmed with a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The **** you on about son? Haye was gassed from about the third and if he was in with even a decent level heavy he'd have been gone ages ago

Right... There's no talking to nonsense like that. G'luck.

• Advertisement

lol... Sky doing everything to pretend that the whole big show WASNT spoiled by an injury... :D It's like a parallel universe..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

titan18 wrote: »
    Sad thing is my friends who are casual boxing fans loved the fight, so as long as there's people like that who'll lap this crap up, it'll always sell well.

He got injured and fought like a lion. How could a sports fan not appreciate that????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

jayo26 wrote: »
    Casual boxing fans haha. What's a hard core boxing fan?

The casual fans make the sport for all to enjoy it dont put you on a pedestal if all them casual fans didn't pay or tune in you would be watching bare knuckle boxing on youtube filmed with a phone.

Well, the last fight they probably watched was the last Anthony Joshua fight. They don't even know Thurman - Garcia is on tonight. They wouldn't know who Lomachenko and Roman Gonzalez are. There's feck loads out there who'll only watch whatever crap Sky are hyping and not have any idea of actually good boxing.
    He got injured and fought like a lion. How could a sports fan not appreciate that????

Even before he was injured, he was throwing wild punches all over the place. The fact the fight wasn't stopped long before the 11th was a farce, and then that Bellew couldn't finish off a one legged fighter shows how bad a boxer he actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

He ducked dived went to ground which the ref decided were slips...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

A nice preview that was of AJ when he gases against WLAD in a few months, another muscles up fighter beaten cannot wait.

This interview is worse than the fight.

^ This is why I love the boxing threads... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Hayes timing in the early rounds then the leg injury lost him that fight should of retired him in the 9th or 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haye did show great heart but he came in to end that fight early, I think Bellew would have would anyway, Haye's stamina was gone and was fighting on instinct, still doesn't show Bellew in a great light that he couldn't finish it earlier but I doubt he really gives a ****. Weird interview after though from Haye, fair play for not making excuses but no mention at all of the injury?

Did anybody see when Eddie Hearn jumped on Bellew's back, and he threw him straight off.

• Advertisement

Thing i cant get my head around is how deluded bellew is,i feel sorry for him,**** it i would have knocked haye out myself and probably a few rds earlier too

Advertisement