Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon fire 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Just saw this thread last night, so dropped into our local Argos today. None left, was the reply to my request :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

d31b0y wrote: »
    Mine has been delivered with 5.1.3

You have to downgrade to 5.1.2 to root it by using the kingroot app use the link posted here to download the supertool by rootjunkie

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

coconnellz wrote: »
    You have to downgrade to 5.1.2 to root it by using the kingroot app use the link posted here to download the supertool by rootjunkie

Hi

Is there a guide to put on cyanogenmod?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My tablet dispatched on the 25th, Amazon said it should arrive on 29th. Still nothing....

Who should I contact? Amazon or an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

You should be able to trace the package after Amazon send you the order dispatched email. This will have a tracking reference on it and you should be able to click through the email to the An Post tracking system whch will show where the package is.

Alternatively, using the tracking ref id, track it here https://track.anpost.ie/ or via ParcelTrack app

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My tablet dispatched on the 25th, Amazon said it should arrive on 29th. Still nothing....

Who should I contact? Amazon or an post?

Most likely just hitting the Xmas delays,give it a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The tracking number provided by Amazon doesn't work on an post.

AY003453711IE

Yeah I guess it's just Xmas delays but loads of yous got them earlier this week so it's a bit disappointing as I'm always excited to play with any new gadget I buy lol.

On a side note: the case I bought on the same day on amazon shipped via address pal came yesterday, good alternative to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm in the same boat re delivery. From past experience non-irish tracking numbers only appear on an post tracking once the package has arrived in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any recommend a good cheap (<15e) case for them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Keith186 wrote: »
    Yeah they're 5th edition.

Don't think I saw this posted in the thread anywhere. There's a product recall over the power adapter causing an electric shock.

Power adapters marked FABK7B are dodgy so watch out!

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/whats-on-news/amazon-issues-product-recall-over-12237651

Just checked mine, which was delivered on Friday, and that's the code on my plug. :eek:

That's not great is it?

Strongly worded email on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The tracking number provided by Amazon doesn't work on an post.

AY003453711IE

Yeah I guess it's just Xmas delays but loads of yous got them earlier this week so it's a bit disappointing as I'm always excited to play with any new gadget I buy lol.

On a side note: the case I bought on the same day on amazon shipped via address pal came yesterday, good alternative to parcel motel.

It won't work on AnPost website until they receive the item. Amazon fill up containers and send it on to An Post. Once An Post receive the parcel it will appear on their site. If you use ParcelNotifier.com you will get an email every time there is a scan on the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pretty tough and s good size bezel around the screen so no real need for a case. Especially one that costs 50% of the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

podge018 wrote: »
    Just checked mine, which was delivered on Friday, and that's the code on my plug. :eek:

That's not great is it?

Strongly worded email on the way.

False alarm, there's an updated adapter with the exact same code but a small A in the bottom right hand corner of the plug that means they're kosher.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ted1 wrote: »
    Pretty tough and s good size bezel around the screen so no real need for a case. Especially one that costs 50% of the price
    Anyone buying the fire 7 during the black Friday deals would have got the original recommended case for 6 or 7 euro I think. I bought mine in NI - £20 for the tablet and £4 for the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Should have bought two of the Fires in Argos. Got mine today and it's sweet. Hopefully be on sale again before Xmas.

I put off buying this and missed it too!!

Do ye think it will be on sale again before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

TheTorment wrote: »
    I put off buying this and missed it too!!

Do ye think it will be on sale again before Christmas?

Doubt it unfortunately - see price history according to 3 Camels

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Amazon-Fire-7-Inch-Tablet-8GB/product/B00Y3TM6CO?context=browse

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Reserved one in Argos last Sunday, for collect with expected arrival on Wednesday. Still no notification from Argos on when it will arrive in store. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Got mine yesterday, played with it today. Managed to root it, removed the amazon bloatware and ads and put on the Nova Launcher.

Very happy for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Akrasia wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, played with it today. Managed to root it, removed the amazon bloatware and ads and put on the Nova Launcher.

Very happy for the price

Any suggestions where to get info about rooting the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i've bought 4 of these for my nephews/nieces and rooted them all and flashed stock nexus7 firmware using kingroot. so it's just like you bought a tablet from Google and has the play store. it was a bit of a pain alright findind information the first time so give us a reply if anybody has problems

this is THE guide i followed on how to do it:
    https://www.thepolyglotdeveloper.com/2016/05/install-better-custom-rom-amazon-kindle-fire/

there's a rake of other guides and threads on xda-developers and they all left out information, i went through a lot of them. so start on that guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I thought I got rid of the ads but nope there back , thought I turned off the update ....nope woke up to alexa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

an addendum, people say you have to downgrade kindle versions to root, i never had to. threads on xda-developers just said keep trying KingRoot until it works.... and it eventually does! it's a weird piece of Chinese rooting software, no idea how it works. but it does eventually and it's the only way i found that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

wooh this is pretty small alright, I take it you can easily increase the font-size for my elderly recipient to use it for emails etc?

an addendum, people say you have to downgrade kindle versions to root, i never had to. threads on xda-developers just said keep trying KingRoot until it works.... and it eventually does! it's a weird piece of Chinese rooting software, no idea how it works. but it does eventually and it's the only way i found that works.

There are a few tricky parts of the rooting process. When you try to install kingroot the tablet says it is unsafe and won't continue. I ended up rolling back the os but that error still appeared. It was only then that I realised you could scroll down to override the error message.

Kingroot restarted a few times but got there in the end.

The supertool linked earlier in the thread is excellent. It's a batch file that automates a lot of the process

Akrasia wrote: »
    There are a few tricky parts of the rooting process. When you try to install kingroot the tablet says it is unsafe and won't continue. I ended up rolling back the os but that error still appeared. It was only then that I realised you could scroll down to override the error message.

Kingroot restarted a few times but got there in the end.

The supertool linked earlier in the thread is excellent. It's a batch file that automates a lot of the process

Just posting a link to the batch file. It's awesome
    http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Amazon%20Fire%205th%20gen/SuperTool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

where is this information located on the tablet please -Kindle Fire firmware.
    Which setting ?where to find please ?
    help

• Advertisement

dball wrote: »
    where is this information located on the tablet please -Kindle Fire firmware.
    Which setting ?where to find please ?
    help

It's in the settings, device options, system update. That'll tell you the firmware number

Advertisement