Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Feenix wrote: »
    What do you mean by “released a video”?

It was years ago. A stand-up comedy video...................well allegedly a comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Saw something interesting on twitter. There's a 'savecomedy' hashtag going around, because live comedy is in trouble due to the Coronavirus.

But then you see why comedy in Ireland, pre-Covid, is in bad shape.

I found this take on it on twitter to be interesting.

https://twitter.com/iamjasonroche/status/1282994970517962757?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Im sorry but i cant find Aishling Bea funny at all...She seems to get alot of coverage?I dont even get one laugh from her??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Very hard for Tommy Tiernan to make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

forumdedum wrote: »
    Very hard for Tommy Tiernan to make me laugh.

Our taxes paid for him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

sasta le wrote: »
    Im sorry but i cant find Aishling Bea funny at all...She seems to get alot of coverage?I dont even get one laugh from her??

Her standup isn't good no, but people like her I suppose because she's done good stuff in TV and she's attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

You'd need your head examined if you think any of these comedians are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That Nordie "comedian" Kevin McAleer, I think he's painful to listen to. I don't know who told him he was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

You'd need your head examined if you think any of these comedians are actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Her standup isn't good no, but people like her I suppose because she's done good stuff in TV and she's attractive.

Her stand-up isn't great (and lay off the feminism a bit!) but she can be funny on the telly, on panel shows and the like. She's on Richard Osman's House of Games quiz every day this week at 6 o'clock on BBC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've never seen any of her stuff but Alison Spittle must be terrible to get so many votes when you consider that she was only in the spotlight for a couple of years.
    Some of those other lads on the list have been going for decades.

I've never seen any of her stuff but Alison Spittle must be terrible to get so many votes when you consider that she was only in the spotlight for a couple of years.
    Some of those other lads on the list have been going for decades.

She's ended her podcast... to start a new podcast, with Fern Brady, a Scottish Comedienne.

I think Spittle is trying to make her name in England now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That Nordie "comedian" Kevin McAleer, I think he's painful to listen to. I don't know who told him he was funny!

I think hes very funny .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

She's ended her podcast... to start a new podcast, with Fern Brady, a Scottish Comedienne.

I hope it goes well for her. I don't know what it is about her that seems to make some people so angry. She is a young woman trying to make it in her chosen profession, the more people that get upset by her the more I root for her. It must be a terrible way for anyone to live if someone that's trying to make them laugh doesn't and that makes them so enraged.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That Nordie "comedian" Kevin McAleer, I think he's painful to listen to.
    To the point that when "boring Uncle Colm" showed up in Derry Girls I LOL'd when it was Kevin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is most of her act not like Irish Mammy or rural humour?

To the point that when "boring Uncle Colm" showed up in Derry Girls I LOL'd when it was Kevin.

Me too he was perfect

sasta le wrote: »
    Is most of her act not like Irish Mammy or rural humour?

It's not even that, she's going on about stuff that's so esosteric and not even 'rural'...

It's just unfunny.

Trying to bring that 'material' to the UK will not connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Joanne McNally, christ. it's like sticking needles into my eyeballs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I hope it goes well for her. I don't know what it is about her that seems to make some people so angry. She is a young woman trying to make it in her chosen profession, the more people that get upset by her the more I root for her. It must be a terrible way for anyone to live if someone that's trying to make them laugh doesn't and that makes them so enraged.

It’s awful. It’s essentially one of the midday radio shows that have content like “did your show ever fall off in public, text in and tell us”.
    Fern Brady is very very funny, it’s light and day difference between them.

• Advertisement

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Joanne McNally, christ. it's like sticking needles into my eyeballs

She's worse on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Her stand-up isn't great (and lay off the feminism a bit!) but she can be funny on the telly, on panel shows and the like. She's on Richard Osman's House of Games quiz every day this week at 6 o'clock on BBC2.

And I just mentioned on the other thread. I could look at her all day as she is beautiful, but she must have ADHD or something. On that show, there were times when she was being loud just for the sake of being loud.

And I just mentioned on the other thread. I could look at her all day as she is beautiful, but she must have ADHD or something. On that show, there were times when she was being loud just for the sake of being loud.

The flipping 'Russell Howard School of Comedy'... SHOUT AND BE LOUD, AND IT'S FUNNY!!!

.... no, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The flipping 'Russell Howard School of Comedy'... SHOUT AND BE LOUD, AND IT'S FUNNY!!!

.... no, it's not.

and have a rubber face.

I saw the name Aidan Killian pop up here a few times .Not only unfunny but seems to push some dubious agendas. Seen his name linked with the anti mask and anti vax crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Most of them to be honest, but just my own personal preference as I know for a fact what I find funny most don't. Because of its subjectiveness, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I have seen a couple of funny ones at comedy gigs but wouldn't know their names.

I saw the name Aidan Killian pop up here a few times .Not only unfunny but seems to push some dubious agendas. Seen his name linked with the anti mask and anti vax crowd.
    Aidan is a conscious comedian that uses his stand up comedy to raise awareness of issues important to him.

:)

Most of them to be honest, but just my own personal preference as I know for a fact what I find funny most don't. Because of its subjectiveness, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I have seen a couple of funny ones at comedy gigs but wouldn't know their names.

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

It's a dubious agenda to walk around WITHOUT a mask?

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    It's a dubious agenda to walk around WITHOUT a mask?

His Twitter account is mostly retweets of covid denying conspiracy theory nonsense.

Advertisement