Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stopped by Gardaí with FCN

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I've gone through all the posts here and could quote a lot of observations of the OP but my opinion is why in the name of jaysus are you risking :

1.increased fine,
    2.higher points,
    3.future increased insurance quotes,
    4.time off work for court which might be unpaid because it's not jury duty
    5.wasting courts time
    6.stress of delay and outcome.

Pay the fine and carry on with life !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I think I've had my punishment for contributing to this thread. While parked this evening, a Golf reversed into me hard enough for my specs to fall off my head (they were on the end of my nose while I was reading). Other driver straightens up and moves 7-10 feet forward. When she got out of her car, I pointed out that she had hit/nudged me. Of course not, I hit the kerb! No apology but an almighty hissyfit when I took a photo of her insurance disk.

She then called the Guards, admitted she hit me and complained that I took a photo of the disc in her window. The Garda asked to speak with me and inquired whether I wanted to take it further. Take what further? She says she hit you! Funnily enough guard she didn't admit that to me and if she showed the slightest bit of an apology I wouldn't have photo'd her disc. He then ponders aloud as to why she was stupid enough to ring him!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Marcusm wrote: »
    I think I've had my punishment for contributing to this thread. While parked this evening, a Golf reversed into me hard enough for my specs to fall off my head (they were on the end of my nose while I was reading). Other driver straightens up and moves 7-10 feet forward. When she got out of her car, I pointed out that she had hit/nudged me. Of course not, I hit the kerb! No apology but an almighty hissyfit when I took a photo of her insurance disk.

She then called the Guards, admitted she hit me and complained that I took a photo of the disc in her window. The Garda asked to speak with me and inquired whether I wanted to take it further. Take what further? She says she hit you! Funnily enough guard she didn't admit that to me and if she showed the slightest bit of an apology I wouldn't have photo'd her disc. He then ponders aloud as to why she was stupid enough to ring him!!

Might have been op??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Stheno wrote: »
    Might have been op??

Now THAT would be funny :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

If she pleads that she couldn't drive safely because she couldn't see, one could only hope that the DJ would strike out or suggest that the Garda amend the summons for the more serious charge. We all make mistakes but the manner in which the OP is hanging onto their sense of entitlement is truly eye watering.
    Are you serious? Stating that she could not drive safely because she could not see and hoping to have the case dismissed. Any right minded person who cannot see should stop and not continue driving in the hope that they will hit no one. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Torcaill

I would have that thought that as a primary school teacher you would have learned from your mistake and moved on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

If she pleads that she couldn't drive safely because she couldn't see, one could only hope that the DJ would strike out or and suggest that the Garda amend the summons for the more serious charge. We all make mistakes but the manner in which the OP is hanging onto their sense of entitlement is truly eye watering.
    Riva10 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Stating that she could not drive safely because she could not see and hoping to have the case dismissed. Any right minded person who cannot see should stop and not continue driving in the hope that they will hit no one. :(

That's not what Marcusm was saying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

So read through this whole thread this morning. Get the feeling that the OP will drop any thoughts of attempting to go before a judge when she has had a chance to calm down. Hopefully reality will kick in.

SteM wrote: »
    So read through this whole thread this morning. Get the feeling that the OP will drop any thoughts of attempting to go before a judge when she has had a chance to calm down. Hopefully reality will kick in.

Tend to agree as we haven't heard from op in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Riva10 wrote: »

You've missed my point; I would expect/hope that a DJ faced with such a defendant would seek an amendment if the charge to a higher level!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

degsie wrote:
    Tend to agree as we haven't heard from op in a while.
    Literally can't trawl through the ocean of sh!t, personal abuse and:
    Torcaill wrote:
    I would have that thought that as a primary school teacher you would have learned from your mistake and moved on!!!
    stalking that this thread has become. Glad I don't have any identifying information on my profile because it's actually pretty startling how personally some people maintain they are affronted, as if they're some sort of demigod who has never done anything wrong.

I understand the process of appeals and why I was pulled over and the rules of the road better since starting this thread, which was the whole point, but I'm also actually disgusted by how hateful and uncivilised a huge amount of people have been. It's totally reaffirmed my prior view of many people on boards.ie as pontificating arseholes.

And yeah, of course it was me that hit that guy with my Mini this morning because I'm obviously the human embodiment of bad driving having (for all you know) made one mistake in three years and mentioning it on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Op i've just read the 9 pages of this thread and i'd urge you to step back and do the same.
    if you go to court to appeal it the judge will ask the same questions asked here.
    Did you make an illegal right turn? yes but i couldnt see the sign
    Why did you see the sign ? There was a glare .
    Were you not driving extra carefully as your vision was impared.
    Were your car windows clean enough?, Would you not have worn sunglasses?
    What if a pedestrianchild walked out in front of you? Could you have seen them. ?
    But judge the sign was dirty.
    What about the other signs, The one in the road and the straight arrow on the lights? Ah well judge i couldnt see them eithre.
    So you are saying that you made a right hand turn without being able to see a green light giving you right of way?.
    How long have you lived here ? Three years judge but ive seen thousands of people make illegal right turns here.
    So you have passed this spot thousands of times and never noticed the sign , the arrow in the road or the straight ahead arrow on the light.

If it was me id be paying the fine and taking the point and start being more observant

Full licence. Those four are gone next year before my insurance is up. Don't be worrying about me. biggrin.png
    You should be informing them when you get penatly points , not waiting for the next renewal. They would have to recalculate your policy for having more penalty points , in the same manner as people get money back when they pass the test and get a full license.
    The Garda said "One point and a €45 fine" as he walked away from the car.
    I wouldnt be fully trusting of this. A lot of people get' let away with it' by the guard only to get a letter in the post 2 weeks later.

BTW Am i the only one here who assumed the op is a she and not a he?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Literally can't trawl through the ocean of sh!t, personal abuse and:

stalking that this thread has become. Glad I don't have any identifying information on my profile because it's actually pretty startling how personally some people maintain they are affronted, as if they're some sort of demigod who has never done anything wrong.

I understand the process of appeals and why I was pulled over and the rules of the road better since starting this thread, which was the whole point, but I'm also actually disgusted by how hateful and uncivilised a huge amount of people have been. It's totally reaffirmed my prior view of many people on boards.ie as pontificating arseholes.

And yeah, of course it was me that hit that guy with my Mini this morning because I'm obviously the human embodiment of bad driving having (for all you know) made one mistake in three years and mentioning it on boards.

Why do you insist on repeating this lie over and over again? You've already admitting to making illegal turns for the last 3 years at this junction.

All you've done on this thread is repeatedly try to blame anyone and anything but yourself for your own poor behaviour.
    You don't know the rules of the road, you clearly have very poor observation skills when driving and you've demonstrated a less-than-stellar understanding of road signage and traffic lights.
    But of course, all of this is clearly the fault of everyone else, and definitely not you. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should try putting as much effort into improving your driving as you put into deflecting blame to excuse your mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll stop here, good luck OP.

EDIT
    Reopened for OP update requested by PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Nothing ever arrived in relation to this. I think it's likely to have been overlooked.

Probably busy with gangland killings and Sinn Fein investigations. Once that's out of the way they may come-a-callin ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nothing ever arrived in relation to this. I think it's likely to have been overlooked.

Youve barely given it 2 weeks, it hasnt been overlooked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I think it's only the Go Safe vans that issue fines and points in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I regularly frequent that area. The sign is perfectly clear. Quite a sad response from the OP. No sense of personal responsibility anymore. Always someone else fault.

Advertisement