Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Issues

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Of you need to take a step back and calm down. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. It's a few hours in Christmas Eve. I don't believe your therapist agreed with your reaction and if they did you need to get a new one.

• Administrators Posts: 13,790 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'm sorry if I hit a nerve, but you can do both. Your gf will be there in the morning and Stephens Evening..... And every Christmas for the rest of your married lives. Your nan might not be here. So appreciate the extra time you are getting with her.

You will only not see your girlfriend on Christmas Day. You are going away together for a week a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Straight up just <Mod Snip> for even suggesting that , i make a serious effort to spend allot of time with my nan all out of love and respect never duty , i believe that has come across in spades in this thread so genuinely <Mod Snip> for even suggesting that.

Yeah, you need to see your therapist again. Seriously.

There is soooo much more going on here than just a bit of upset over Christmas. Your spiraling anxiety and anger are alarming tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

anna080 wrote: »
    You've ignored me the last few times I've asked this question, so I'll ask it again.
    She is willing to leave at 1pm on Xmas eve and come back early for you on Steven's Day like you have asked her to. Why are you still not happy?

If it was me, I'd be seething. Sure she'll hardly have any time at home at all with her family because of your passive aggressiveness and neediness. She'll be hardly at home when she has to turn around and go back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    And with that latest reply from the OP we're done.
    OP - if you react this way to faceless advice online then maybe you need to look a bit deeper and even seek help in resolving conflict.

For now though this thread is closed. No bans or infractions this time but if you continue posting in this manner in this forum a ban will be incoming shortly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement