Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

snap Bobbysands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Yes!!! I just got an email from them... to fill out a feckin survey.

God almighty! Do they not realise how on edge we could be waiting for the call or email!! Hate that .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

I'm sure every time they send out something like that they get a flurry of calls for updates as it just makes everyone lose patience with them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you're relying on flexitime I'd clarify that applies to an AP before you take the post, the answer you get will be completely different to what's in the email.

Flexitime is no longer available to new APs (though I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back at some stage in the future), flexible working arrangements might be available in some offices but they are completely discretionary and can be taken away as quickly as they're given.

It makes perfect sense to be honest.

APs have a psotion of responsiblity anf are paid @70k.

They can't have the majority of them leaving at 4pm every day or being on leave 30+18 days per year.

Alot of the time built up for flexi leave by staff on lower grades is done on a very questionable productivity basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shibbyj

More principal officer jobs advertised for those interested and qualified.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Omnishambles99

noodler wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense to be honest.

APs have a psotion of responsiblity anf are paid @70k.

They can't have the majority of them leaving at 4pm every day or being on leave 30+18 days per year.

Alot of the time built up for flexi leave by staff on lower grades is done on a very questionable productivity basis.

Haha! Did you ever get suspicious of the pressing business need for full attendance by a large amount of staff until 7pm on the Friday of the final week of flexi ?? Lol !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Check your mails folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

Check your mails folks!!!

What does this message mean re the campaign?

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Nothing in my inbox. Whats up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

gics wrote: »
    What is it?

Pre clearance requesting the health declaration and Garda vetting forms I already brought along yo interview .

What is it?

Pre-clearance for folks in Batch 2.

Not sure if everyone in Batch 2 has been contacted but surely a very positive sign that folk are being put through clearance?

EDIT - Everyone from Batch 2 is being asked for the documentation.

I would say this is to facilitate the trickle of Dublin vacancies coming through. Judging from lack of updates from batch 1 seems to be no movement outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Is Batch 1 emptied for Dublin posts?

I think someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the last person on batch one had got their Dublin offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Pre-clearance for folks in Batch 2.

Not sure if everyone in Batch 2 has been contacted but surely a very positive sign that folk are being put through clearance?

EDIT - Everyone from Batch 2 is being asked for the documentation.

What is positive is that the message states:

'We hope to be in a position to contact you within 6 weeks with an update on your application'.

Nope cos I got a call today about my InterD Dublin offer as the one I turned down was an open one

ZolaGood wrote: »

Nope cos I got a call today about my InterD Dublin offer as the one I turned down was an open one

Apologies, I forgot effectively a serving civil servant could have two offers for each region unless of course they accept one. I'm assuming you turned it down? No word on your region yet?

But it still could be emptied of everyone prepared to accept a Dublin offer couldn't it? Your offer (assuming you turned down Dublin again?) may now go to Batch 2 as there was nobody else left on Batch 1 who had selected Dublin and not had an offer.

Whereabouts did you finish on the Panel?

(Obviously not looking for exact placing.)

• Advertisement

40's inter D 80's open-will be turning it down though

You are right it's likely to go to batch 2 as I'm sure anyone after me on inter d is waiting for regions or placed already

No budge on my region but I live in hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Have many on here applied for the Open PO competition?

Is it normal that they send out these forms to the entire panel in one go or should this be seen as confidence on PAS's part that are going to get through a lot or all of this batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Got a call with a regional offer this week. Just waiting for vetting forms to come and will hear what department or office it is in a week or two.

Can't believe it as thought there would be little or no movement on regional placing! 😀

I won't say here what county it is but if you look back at earlier postings by me you'll see my two counties....

dee75 wrote: »
    Got a call with a regional offer this week. Just waiting for vetting forms to come and will hear what department or office it is in a week or two.

Can't believe it as thought there would be little or no movement on regional placing! 😀

I won't say here what county it is but if you look back at earlier postings by me you'll see my two counties....

Wow congratulations. Great to hear of movement in regions.

dee75 wrote: »

Wow congratulations. Great to hear of movement in regions.

Congratulations Dee...delighted you have been sorted...my hope in the regional panels is restored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 GorSin

That's great news. Congratulations. There's hope for us yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

I'm hearing of one coming to Mayo - currently going through vetting so I assume someone on here must be on the Mayo panel

Has anyone heard anything more on regional locations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

The DSP internal AP results are out today so that may impact on the open/interdepartmental vacancies.

Advertisement