Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest from Electric Ireland for 99 installed.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Same here....."Hey Google turn off heating in the hallway" turns off the Nest heating for me.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

nigwerwig wrote: »

Don't think it is my settings. It's pretty simple, go onto Google home, add device to home control, click Nest, get error.

Ok, finally sorted this. You have to logged onto Home.Nest.com as the owner for it to work when you add Nest as a device in Google Assistant. Otherwise it just bombs out, no validation or error message, just "Connection failed." type message.

Doesn't look like there is a command for boosting hot water, or turning it on or off. Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whats the story with two zones + hot water, will I then be able to control only one + water from nest and the second zone from the traditional unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Whats the story with two zones + hot water, will I then be able to control only one + water from nest and the second zone from the traditional unit?

Correct. You'll need two nests to control all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Has anyone got any recomendations as to which relay/contactor switch is best for immersion control?
    Have a Gen3 nest and want to get the whole heating/water pulled together in the 1 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any recomendations as to which relay/contactor switch is best for immersion control?
    Have a Gen3 nest and want to get the whole heating/water pulled together in the 1 app.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of doing similar.
    I finished off adding my immersion to my Nest today.
    I used a 16amp Magnetic Contactor switch and mounted it inside a 44mm double pattress.
    Quite happy with the result and its even Wife friendly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

tonc76 wrote: »
    Correct. You'll need two nests to control all

Sorry to go back to this. Just wondering if you have two nests to control two zones, does that mean two apps and duplication of the whole process, or do they sync into one with an 2nd zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Sorry to go back to this. Just wondering if you have two nests to control two zones, does that mean two apps and duplication of the whole process, or do they sync into one with an 2nd zone?

Single nest app that you add the thermostats to say living room and bedroom. One thermostat will control living room and water and the other will control the bedroom. You can manually adjust the temp or water on the thermostat in the living room and manually adjust temp in bedroom only. All three easily controlled through the app. Can also connect nest cameras, smoke detectors etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry if this has already been asked, but my nest was only fitted a few weeks ago, think is a fab piece of kit so far.

However - hot water scheduling on the app only let's me turn the water on or off at half hour interval at either on the hour or on the half hour.

IE 0500 on - 0530 off

I can't for example decide I want the water to heat up for 45 mins ie on at 0500 and off at 0545.

Surely this isn't right?

Even when I select a time like 0610 - 0710 the app rounds it up to 0600 - 0700.

Doesn't look like a very complicated task to expect from an automated system tbh, surely it's as easy to program something to come on at 23 mins past the hour and go off at 7 mins to the next hour? (0723 - 0753) as it is as setting it to 0730 - 0800 (which is what the app will round it up to)?

Is there a setting somehere I'm missing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sorry if this has already been asked, but my nest was only fitted a few weeks ago,  think is a fab piece of kit so far.

However - hot water scheduling on the app only let's me turn the water on or off at half hour interval at either on the hour or on the half hour.  

IE 0500 on - 0530 off

I can't for example decide I want the water to heat up for 45 mins ie on at 0500 and off at 0545.

Surely this isn't right?  

Even when I select a time like 0610 - 0710 the app rounds it up to 0600 - 0700.

Doesn't look like a very complicated task to expect from an automated system tbh, surely it's as easy to program something to come on at 23 mins past the hour and go off at 7 mins to the next hour?  (0723 - 0753) as it is as setting it to 0730 - 0800 (which is what the app will round it up to)?

Is there a setting somehere I'm missing or what?
    No I think you are limited to 30 minutes slots. I just have it set for closest 30 minutes. I suppose the thing is your hot water cylinder will take a certain length to heat then the stat on it should let nest know to turn off the boiler. Im not sure how long it takes to heat a cylinder but 30 minutes seems long enough for me at the moment. I have it set for 6 to 630 in the morning and 5 to 5.30 in the evenings..

Advertisement