Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road issues that irritate me.......

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Parking a 12 foot high securispeed van outside your driveway at a bend on a hill in an estate, thereby creating a dangerous and unnecessary blind spot for other road users. It's bad enough that most suburban estate's roads are literally morphed into lanes wide enough for only one car because the cunt residents on each side of the street use the curb as a threshold to parallel park.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Probably said before but these gimps who crawl onto M-ways at 60 -70 kph.

The junction is designed to get up to M-way speed - get up to it and merge seamlessly.

Don't cause danger by holding up the cars behind you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The junction is designed to get up to M-way speed - get up to it and merge seamlessly.

Do not get me started Sir... For a while there I was only doing small "local" suburban type runs in the oul jalopy and I'm very aware of how going too quickly can get to tragedy all too quickly, so accordingly drive at a low speed, but of late I've been doing longer runs outside of suburbia and bugger me there seem to be more and more drivers whose two basic speeds are dead slow and stop. The ones who keep dancing on the brakes too bloody often another. Lane wanderers, indecisive muppets, those who just sit there gob open like cows over a five bar gate when the lights turn green. Are you waiting for a particular shade of green you crosseyed moron? People who speed like mad in the overtaking lane. Go for it Ted, you'll get a slow ride in a hearse, but don't start flashing me when I"m overtaking at a normal speed(and I don't exactly spare the horses). Nervous drivers give me the itch too. I don't mean cautious drivers BTW, I mean people who are too anxious to be in control of a near two tonne vehicle capable of 160kph and above(100 mph for us old folks). Oh and use your indicators FFS. Speedbumps. Speedbumps everywhere. Jaysus.

Oh crap, you got me started. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Funny how you didn't mention zig-zags first time round - just cyclists who had the temerity to cycle on a specific road, as if you owned the road or it was built specially for you or something. It's not your private road, so get over it.

I actually said lost in space.

Maybe it's time to stop getting so offended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,539 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Patww79 wrote: »
    Oh sorry, is it only motorists that are allowed rant like that?
    yannakis wrote: »
    I actually said lost in space.

Maybe it's time to stop getting so offended!

No offence at all, though your patronising is getting a little on my wick. And no reference to "lost in space" = "zig zagging" on those google results either, funnily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I actually fell off my chair laughing when I read his post! :D

The irony ........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Almost as bad as those who just willy-nilly join the carriageway from the hard shoulder without first building up speed on the hard shoulder.

degsie wrote: »
    Almost as bad as those who just willy-nilly join the carriageway from the hard shoulder without first building up speed on the hard shoulder.

Bit confused there degsie.

Why would they be joining from the hard shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

They were selling strawberries.

• Advertisement

Glenster wrote: »
    They were selling strawberries.

We are not talking about M-Ways then?

The context of my post referred to MWays.

Sorry bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

We are not talking about M-Ways then?

The context of my post referred to MWays.

Sorry bout that.

The boggers will sell them from anywhere.

Glenster wrote: »
    The boggers will sell them from anywhere.

Never saw them being sold from an Mway hard shoulder, I have to say.

Phone calls, baby puke/choking incident, dog wanting a crap, child seatbelt escape, bird strike.... etc....etc...:o

Phone calls, baby puke/choking incident, dog wanting a crap, child seatbelt escape, bird strike.... etc....etc...:o

Uhmmm did think that the hard shoulder was for real emergencies, not phone calls, or bird strikes.

Wouldn't think that the other issues were very common in an organised drive.

But,no matter,I take your point.

Uhmmm did think that the hard shoulder was for real emergencies, not phone calls, or bird strikes.

Wouldn't think that the other issues were very common in an organised drive.

But,no matter,I take your point.

With kids/animals/spouse/mother-in-law on board an 'organised' drive is aspirational.

With kids/animals/spouse/mother-in-law on board an 'organised' drive is aspirational.

Yes, have to agree, even with the best of intentions bad things can happen.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Parked at traffic lights waiting for lights to turn green when some dope with a high via vest and a collection bucket comes down along the traffic looking for coin

Parked at traffic lights waiting for lights to turn green when some dope with a high via vest and a collection bucket comes down along the traffic looking for coin

Yep those via vests are annoying, especially when worn high :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Oncoming cars overtaking and expecting you to make space for them.

Had it happen in Naas recently, guy wanted to pull out around a bus but didn't even slow down, just expected me to move over to the left to make room for him. I would have actually had to go into the hard shoulder to make for comfortable room.
    Not a chance and your man near rear ended the bus. Big indignant head on him as I drove by.

• Advertisement

somefeen wrote: »

Had it happen in Naas recently, guy wanted to pull out around a bus but didn't even slow down, just expected me to move over to the left to make room for him. I would have actually had to go into the hard shoulder to make for comfortable room.
    Not a chance and your man near rear ended the bus. Big indignant head on him as I drove by.

You done well there lad, you done well.

That never happened.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Not too often anyway. Self-preservation usually makes people pull to one side.

Eh No I think that didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Eh No I think that didn't happen.

Why?

somefeen wrote: »

blade1 wrote: »
    Why?

In Naas recently.

Pull over to hard shoulder.

Last I heard there are no hard shoulders in Naas?

Apologies if I got that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

In Naas recently.

Pull over to hard shoulder.

Last I heard there are no hard shoulders in Naas?

Apologies if I got that wrong.
    If you could see the parking spots, you could call them that, but markings are near invisible!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cupid stunts that organise Bucket Collections at busy junctions! I mean WTAF?
    JUST FOOK OFF! :mad: This absolutely infuriates me!
    What do you want me to do? - Pull my handbrake - take my car out of gear - take my phone out of my pocket & my fags etc. & go rootin for the fuk all change I have that I'll probably need to pay for parking anyways!
    I support any Charity or Good Cause but surely there is better ways to raise money than this Bolloxology!
    All you're doing is slowing Traffic even more and frustrating drivers even more!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement