Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sure-Fire Signs That an area is Rough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bodun

Pebble dashed walls on houses with little bits of broken mirror mixed in with the dash.
    One house on a street with extravagant soffit and facia looking completely out of place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Struggle after struggle, year after year

Never fails to make the hair stand on the back of my neck 30 years later, his perfect Cockney accent resonating with millions of people all over the world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

That is kind of insulting to be fair.

Boo hooo
    Grand parents in their 30s. (Dont be Judging people what can you do ).[?QUOTE]

It shows that someone had sex and got pregnant while under 16. Underage sex is illegal

What can you do? Don't judge? And , tell thee, how much of the tax payers money shall be funding their child allowance and single parent benefit
    Skanger cars like 05 Nissan Almeras or Honda civics parked up. (To me a car is a car does not have to be BMW as long as it gets you from A to B)

No no no. Like those ghastly tracksuits, it says a lot about people. Cheap looking cards souped up with fake spoilers and would barely get to 120 mph.Loud ghastly jungle music to booth. Probably a death trap too.
    No trees (Plenty of areas dont have them where i am from back home would be considered a very posh area and it has one Tree in the place).

Not posh enough so , without trees :p
    Local pub has no windows and is usually painted black / grey and is part of a shop complex that consists of a spar with a disproportionate off licence section selling predominantly cans, dominos pizza and paddy powers. (Handy to have the pub where i live now 10 mins up the road has all this and to be fair i can get a pizza, Some nice craft beer in the off licence, Then pick up a few things is the shop how bad)

Chances of getting craft beer in some of these off licences. Is Linden Village craft beer? Hardly able to afford a bottle them.
    AAA / no water meter posters. (People Standing up to what they believe in fair play to them)

What would be fair to them? Sponging off the State , doing nothing and not paying their fair share, while Middle Ireland is squeezed for everything. They are entitled to nothing but contempt.

The estate is a "gardens" or named after a republican. (Thats quite a insult now to a lot of people just to do with the area there from)

It is a fact, most of these areas are kips. Locals are incapable of looking after their areas. Suppose, since they don't have mortgages , what would they care. No self respect
    Abandoned furniture, cars and completely random things. (Thats everywhere in Ireland)

Most certainly is not "everywhere"
    Every house has a satellite dish. (That's normal in my posh area back home every house has one as well. My mother and fathers has 2 one for Sky and one for my dads Italian TV)

They can't afford it, many are on welfare. Big difference
    A Lidl / Aldi near by or dealz is the main shop on the high street. (Be handy if i lived by a Dealz i have a LIDL and is very handy to have as the food i hope you know the meet is some of the best you can buy in the country and it comes from the same place as your posh meet)

Keep telling yourself that.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The house at the end of the row has a tacky mural emblazoned on its side wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Saipanne wrote: »
    The house at the end of the row has a tacky mural emblazoned on its side wall.

A grotto is your next door neighbour if you live at the end of a terrace of houses :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

infogiver wrote: »
    Struggle after struggle, year after year

Yep. I particularly like:

" The atmosphere's a fine blend of ice "

and

" To either cut down on beer or the kids new gear
    It's a big decision in a town called malice. "

F**king brilliant number though, isn't it? :D I have " Days of Speed " right here, amongst my eighteen CD's this desk allows me to keep to hand.

Anyway, yeah; The night befores kebab splashed across the pavement. Always a heart warming sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

md23040 wrote: »
    Sure sign an area is rough is if the local boozer has all day €3 beer promo's and serves free sandwiches from 11 and the place constantly packered

€3 Pints!! That rules out all of Dublin so

21/25

Lots of BOBFOCs walking around.

"Body off Baywatch, Face off Crimewatch"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

No Garda Presence.

uch wrote: »
    €3 Pints!! That rules out all of Dublin so

Fowlers Grange Corss in Ballyfermot does thirsty thursday 3€ pints if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Fowlers Grange Corss in Ballyfermot does thirsty thursday 3€ pints if I remember correctly.

Is that dole day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Youse need to get better drug sources if it offends yizzer sensibilities going to these places.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Is that dole day?

TBH i've been on the dole for a grand total of 8 weeks of my life so I haven't a clue. I'd imagine some people collect it then depending on what letter their surname starts with but I could be wrong.

BCFE is down the road so Im sure they do a roaring trade on a thursday anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Lt Dan wrote: »
    No no no. Like those ghastly tracksuits, it says a lot about people. Cheap looking cards souped up with fake spoilers and would barely get to 120 mph.Loud ghastly jungle music to booth. Probably a death trap too.

'Ghastly' used twice in paragraph. Refers to electronic music as 'jungle music'?

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AlanG

Neighbors who talk to each other and help each other out.
    Far better chippers than posh areas.
    Volunteers working against the odds to give kids a chance.
    Kids playing outdoors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

AlanG wrote: »
    Kids playing outdoors.

Queues waiting for the chipper to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

AlanG wrote:
    Neighbors who talk to each other and help each other out. Far better chippers than posh areas. Volunteers working against the odds to give kids a chance. Kids playing outdoors.

Wow, good chippers. That'll do a lot for the house values:

Secluded cul de sac location
    T90si shower
    Eau de curry chips

Not.

T90si shower
    Eau de curry chips

Not.

Curry Chip water?

Ye minger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A gap in a fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blokes in deep voices growling as you pass by, "Wozzz dee storeh, buhhhhhhhddd?"
    Boys with dyed blonde hair and ear studs taken out and resting on their school uniform lapels.

Sounds like Sing Street the film to me. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

DrumSteve wrote: »
    No Garda Presence.

You're a day ahead of yourself.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

A gap in a fence.

b6a4e6ebaa.jpg

21/25

You're a day ahead of yourself.

Not where Im from.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

T90si shower
    Eau de curry chips

Not.

A good chipper doesn't do any great harm. One of the best chippers in Cork is located slap-bang in the middle of the decidedly comfortable, quiet, middle-of-the-road, middle-of-everything, two-Heiners-and-a-gin'n'ton-ton-there-chief, birds-shitting-on-the-Jaguar-again-the-dirty-little-mingers, suburb where I myself maintain my little swamp. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Broken glass cemented into the tops of garden walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

AlanG wrote: »
    Kids playing outdoors.

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong, we're bad mouthing so called "rough areas".

And I was one of those "volunteers", sad to work with kids who were written off based on their address

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

When everyone in the town or area look alike.(looking like all inbred)
    Bouncy castles in gardens for darlings birthday parties.
    Men and women wearing those tacky tank tops
    Smoking on the street,parking in shop doorways
    Shouting in the street
    People wearing tattoos....yuck and tack
    Men with earrings......soo tacky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

forestgirl wrote: »
    When everyone in the town or area look alike.(looking like all inbred)
    Bouncy castles in gardens for darlings birthday parties.
    Men and women wearing those tacky tank tops
    Smoking on the street,parking in shop doorways
    Shouting in the street
    People wearing tattoos....yuck and tack
    Men with earrings......soo tacky

Everywhere in Ireland,

And the top one :confused: Can you give a hint where this is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Well I tell you one thing people,

No matter how big your house is,
    How recent your car is, or how big
    your bank account is.

Our graves will always be the same,

Stay humble there folks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Everywhere in Ireland,

And the top one :confused: Can you give a hint where this is ?

Haha no hint
    Another thing I do not like is men and women thinking it's okay to wear track suit bottoms into town like how gross is that and they normally do not even fit right

Advertisement