Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying Peugeot 3008 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Received my 3008 last week. Love the car. Anyone have issues with the auto dip headlights? I was driving last night and I was flashed by a good few cars because the lights did not dip

I've had mine for 8 months - never had a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys.... what price are we looking at to buy????

Lazy I know... but just want to have a figure in back of mind when looking at tge 5008 and/ or the Kodiaq!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Masala wrote: »
    Guys.... what price are we looking at to buy????

Lazy I know... but just want to have a figure in back of mind when looking at tge 5008 and/ or the Kodiaq!!

I paid 41k for GT-Line with Metallic White. At the time I wasn't bothered about the white but my wife really wanted it and I'm soooo glad I got it. It changes with the lighting, so on a really sunny day it goes cream and when dark its a lighter white.

I like the contrast of White with the Black Diamond Roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Apologies about only getting these up now, the last 2 weeks have been mental.

Picked it up 2nd of Jan at 3pm :) Never looked back since, love everything about the car and I've not even setup android play yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ricadao

Finally, it's here! My 3008 arrived and I'm at that point where everything is awesome...

BUT

I found one software issue and a weird sound so far

Software: you have two moods, right? The boost and the relax. When I put relax, for example, and I choose ambiance mood lights to a level above off, it's awesome. I save the profile and that's it. Now, I moved to Boost. The lights flash and turn off. I then go back to relax and the lights keep off. There's no way to make them come back but reset profile and select again. Apparently, every time you change between boost and relax, you have to reset the profile. Sounds like a bug.

Sound: When I'm approaching a red light and I brake very very light, you get that loud sound from the brakes. I'll assume this is because everything is new and the pads need some time to adjust.

Does anyone experienced any similar situation ?

Here's the guy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

ricadao wrote: »
    Finally, it's here! My 3008 arrived and I'm at that point where everything is awesome...

BUT

I found one software issue and a weird sound so far

Software: you have two moods, right? The boost and the relax. When I put relax, for example, and I choose ambiance mood lights to a level above off, it's awesome. I save the profile and that's it. Now, I moved to Boost. The lights flash and turn off. I then go back to relax and the lights keep off. There's no way to make them come back but reset profile and select again. Apparently, every time you change between boost and relax, you have to reset the profile. Sounds like a bug.

Sound: When I'm approaching a red light and I brake very very light, you get that loud sound from the brakes. I'll assume this is because everything is new and the pads need some time to adjust.

Does anyone experienced any similar situation ?

Here's the guy :)

Loving my 3008 as well, but I think there are a few software updates needed as well. Noticed the issue with the car interior LEDs as well.

I'm not using the auto dip function on the headlights because it is not dipping every time a car approaches.

Final thing is the auto wipers need to be switched on everytime I start the car. Though/hoped it would keep the setting.

The car is still very new to me and I am enjoying learning how to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya the Apple car play needs software updates.

Does anyone know how you can find out what the latest version of software out for this car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I'm not using the auto dip function on the headlights because it is not dipping every time a car approaches.

This was mentioned in a couple of reviews, and it was discovered that it was in fact dipping but the led lights were so bright people flashed them. Dunno if that applies to you also, just an FYI..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

Loving my 3008 as well, but I think there are a few software updates needed as well. Noticed the issue with the car interior LEDs as well.

Final thing is the auto wipers need to be switched on everytime I start the car. Though/hoped it would keep the setting.

The car is still very new to me and I am enjoying learning how to use it

It's funny what you said about the auto-dip headlights. My 3008 is on the road since May and has covered 18,000km.

The auto-dip only didn't work properly at the weekend. I had put it down to the foggy conditions. But, I think I may just need to do a little more research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,036 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well wear to you 2 new owners, nice looking motors.

As for lights not dipping when on AUTO, this has happened to me in my Golf the odd time, and I would occasionally get a warning to clean the windscreen as it is hampering its operation.

Maybe clean the screen and see if it helps the sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well wear to you 2 new owners, nice looking motors.

As for lights not dipping when on AUTO, this has happened to me in my Golf the odd time, and I would occasionally get a warning to clean the windscreen as it is hampering its operation.

Maybe clean the screen and see if it helps the sensor?

I had thought that may be it. Thanks NIMAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Any suggestions for a boot organiser? My shopping bags keep falling over.
    My old saloon car had hooks to attach the shopping bags to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Picked one up yesterday (GT-line spec, manual)........have to say so far I'm immensely pleased with it having moved from an Audi A4. Straightway most every other car looks "dated" in comparison.

The only issue I've yet to figure out is the stop/start function. It doesn't seem to trigger when I'm actually stopped (parking brake on, car in neutral).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Jawgap wrote:
    The only issue I've yet to figure out is the stop/start function. It doesn't seem to trigger when I'm actually stopped (parking brake on, car in neutral).

They won't operate from a cold start. Usually it needs a warm engine so if it happens from cold that's normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

So what's the current lead time for one of these?

• Advertisement

denismc wrote: »
    So what's the current lead time for one of these?

Think it depends what you want. I wanted a particular spec/colour combo and was told it would take 6 weeks to get, but got called this week (about 3 weeks after I ordered) to say they'd sourced what I wanted.

Btw......driving it at night with the mood lighting on and blind back from the panoramic roof is surreal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭spuddy

Has anyone who's bought had any of the same problems as this guy in his long-term reviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

No - had my Allure 1.6 HDi for 11months, - 18,000km - no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭denismc

spuddy wrote: »
    Has anyone who's bought had any of the same problems as this guy in his long-term reviews?

Seems like a little anti-French bias from thr British journalist.

He reckons it would be possible to do 60mpg which would be great in such a large car, anyone here have comparable economy figures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Have a 5008 Allure+

I don't think I've ever loved anything that wasn't human as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

lawred2 wrote: »
    Have a 5008 Allure+

I don't think I've ever loved anything that wasn't human as much

Saw one in a dealers during the week. Very classy looking motor and quite unique style compared to other SUVs. Very striking really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

road_high wrote: »
    Saw one in a dealers during the week. Very classy looking motor and quite unique style compared to other SUVs. Very striking really

What u think of it versus a Kodiaq????

Masala wrote: »
    What u think of it versus a Kodiaq????

I had a go in both (and the Karoq), before plumping for the 3008.

The 5008 is probably a more realistic comparison, as both have 7 seats.

The Skodas, are great cars. I wouldn't fault them in how they drive, but styling wise they were a bit conventional compared to the 3008/5008. I love the wrap around cockpit of the Peugeot - combine that with the small steering wheel, the placing of the instruments and the short throw of the gear stick and it feels less like an SUV and more like a sports car your stepping into!

Also, I like the driver's aids in the Peugeots.....there seemed to be a lot more of that type of tech in them compared to the Skodas (and any other cars I tried out).

The infotainment system on the Skodas was probably better in terms of its interface, layout etc.......some of the settings on the Peugeot are buried, and the logic may make sense to a French designer, but not to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭spuddy

denismc wrote: »
    Seems like a little anti-French bias from thr British journalist.

He reckons it would be possible to do 60mpg which would be great in such a large car, anyone here have comparable economy figures?

It seems a little more than that, the electrics did let him down & he had to resort to disconnecting the battery to try to resolve it.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wakachaka

Received my 3008 last Friday. Absolutely stoked with it. Got the Nimbus grey, automatic diesel, GT-Line. The small steering wheel took minutes to get used to. Beautiful car and people keep telling me so.
    Glad I didn’t fork out for sat nav as Apple CarPlay does a fantastic job.
    Any questions? Shoot away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We had a call today(fire brigade) 2018 Peugeot 3008 went on fire totally gutted,owner said engine warning light went on next thing she knew it was on fire,that's not good for a 2 MTH old car

Was a petrol engine btw

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We had a call today(fire brigade) 2018 Peugeot 3008 went on fire totally gutted,owner said engine warning light went on next thing she knew it was on fire,that's not good for a 2 MTH old car

Was a petrol engine btw

I own on a 1.2 lt petrol Peugeot 3008 (171). this news makes me worry about my car. can you please provide source of the news.just want to see if anymore details available.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I own on a 1.2 lt petrol Peugeot 3008 (171). this news makes me worry about my car. can you please provide source of the news.just want to see if anymore details available.

I'm in the fire brigade it was a call I was at today,don't know what other source you want

I'm only letting owners of the 3008 know of what happened to a fellow owner today, it's not scaremongering or anything like that as of course these things can and do happen to all makes of vehicles,it's just that I've never seen it happen to such a new car.

If anyone sees smoke coming from engine bay or anywhere else in their cars please pull over as soon as it's safe to do so and ring the fire brigade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is this the new 3008 or old?

Because there was a recall for the old one due to a fire risk

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/product_recalls/peugeot-recalls-passenger-vehicle-type-peugeot-3008-ii/

• Advertisement

I'm in the fire brigade it was a call I was at today,don't know what other source you want

my car was with the dealer couple of weeks ago for a company recall fix. they have added an extra layer to the fuel line. They told me that it is due to an incident of fire in another country.

Thanks for the information.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is this the new 3008 or old?

New model 171

The call I was at today was 18/1, I presume it's the same model but if there was a recall on 17 models you'd think they'd have sorted it for 18 model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The call I was at today was 18/1, I presume it's the same model but if there was a recall on 17 models you'd think they'd have sorted it for 18 model

The 181 registered cars were produced second half of 2017. The fix is applied now...

grogi wrote: »
    The 181 registered cars were produced second half of 2017. The fix is applied now...

Could be a different problem then,this car got a serious roasting anyway, even the engine block and alloy wheels were half melted away,the inside of the car was completely gone

Folks, just letting you know the car we dealt with yesterday was actually a Peugeot 5008 not 3008,easy enough mistake to make when most of the car was gone.
    Again it was a 2018 Peugeot 5008
    I would imagine that they are both made with pretty much same componants though

Folks, just letting you know the car we dealt with yesterday was actually a Peugeot 5008 not 3008,easy enough mistake to make when most of the car was gone.
    Again it was a 2018 Peugeot 5008
    I would imagine that they are both made with pretty much same componants though

You are right even 181 Peugeot 5008 had a recall as well. seems the problem is similar across the production line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

@jusvi2001 how are you finding the 1.2lt petrol engine? Does it feel like it has enough power and does it take off ok?

Just asking because I remember driving a car a good few years back that had a small engine and every time I was going through a junction my life flashed before my eyes because it really seemed to struggle on takeoff and I could just see oncoming traffic getting closer. Once it got going it was grand but the takeoff was painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭BobMc

Hey JohnK, have our 1.2 petrol since January, plenty of pull, has better gearing than the Qashqai petrol we had too (also 1.2) In sport mode she'll take off in a shot in first and second. We've the manual cant speak for the Auto.

All in all no complaints with engine quality or touch wood build quality to report yet, hope it continues

• Advertisement

Good to hear Bob, thanks! I'm thinking of the Automatic version myself and pretty much all my driving is in traffic so being able to have a smaller engine would probably be a good thing.

Probably my only regret not going for the Auto

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wakachaka

Anyone else with a GT-Line 3008 181?

Does it come with DAB radio? or is that an extra I didn't think of?

I can't seem to access the DAB radio feature. If I have it at all...

Optional Extra I do believe on GT Line,

Picked up mine last week and I'm loving it. Just 2 odd things though - wondering if any of the rest of you have come across them. Every time I start the car, the dashboard also shows a red seat-belt indicator and the seat-belt indicator by the roof shows the 3 back seats as having not having the seat-belts plugged in but no-ones sitting in the seats, and nothing else is on them; even happens when I don't open the back doors. And second, the option to automatically set the time/date via gps wont set the correct time, it doesn't seem to be adjusting for daylight savings at all. Anyone got any ideas?

JohnK wrote: »
    Picked up mine last week and I'm loving it. Just 2 odd things though - wondering if any of the rest of you have come across them. Every time I start the car, the dashboard also shows a red seat-belt indicator and the seat-belt indicator by the roof shows the 3 back seats as having not having the seat-belts plugged in but no-ones sitting in the seats, and nothing else is on them; even happens when I don't open the back doors.

Yep - that's by design. The occupancy sensors are only in the front seats.
    And second, the option to automatically set the time/date via gps wont set the correct time, it doesn't seem to be adjusting for daylight savings at all. Anyone got any ideas?

Did you set the Irish Time Zone? It might be on French one...

• Advertisement

Yep - that's by design. The occupancy sensors are only in the front seats.
    Ah right, I was wondering if that might be the case but it seems strange to me as it's basically training me to ignore that indicator altogether. Grand now if I don't have passengers but not so good if I'm driving anyone somewhere.
    Did you set the Irish Time Zone? It might be on French one...
    Yeah it's set to Dublin alright and at the time of this post is setting the time to 7:28pm when it should be 8:28pm. Just an odd one really as it has the correct date so the onboard computer should be well aware dst is in effect

JohnK wrote: »
    Ah right, I was wondering if that might be the case but it seems strange to me as it's basically training me to ignore that indicator altogether. Grand now if I don't have passengers but not so good if I'm driving anyone somewhere.

It's not that bad. You notice when you have the passengers. And it starts beeping when someone disconnects the belt...

Sorry John some how i missed your post and so couldn't reply earlier.

At this stage i think you are enjoying your wheels. I use to have a 06 1.4 Toyota verso before moving to Peugeot 3008. I find 1.2 engine of my 3008 is more or less similar to the 1.4 verso i had. i am happy with her take off power. mine is manual transmission. have you gone for automatic 1.2? how do you find it in terms of power and petrol consumption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know what's the latest firmware for the radio/i cockpit

Be interesting to know is there firmware update for the Apple car play etc

Sorry John some how i missed your post and so couldn't reply earlier.

At this stage i think you are enjoying your wheels. I use to have a 06 1.4 Toyota verso before moving to Peugeot 3008. I find 1.2 engine of my 3008 is more or less similar to the 1.4 verso i had. i am happy with her take off power. mine is manual transmission. have you gone for automatic 1.2? how do you find it in terms of power and petrol consumption?

Yes I'm enjoying the new wheels alright. I got the 1.2 petrol automatic and the engine in it seems to be great. I honestly cant tell the difference from the 1.799 I had before and I've had no issues in terms of power on take off so I'm well impressed with that. Petrol consumption, I've had it now for 2 weeks and in that time I did ~560km on the first tank of petrol. Not sure how that rates really, it was a mixture of motorway driving and commuting to/from work with the air-conditioning going full blast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement