Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thinking of buying Peugeot 3008 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

If you're in Dublin the Camden Casket (great little bargain shop) at the bleeding horse end of Camden street have USB C cables for €3.50. Usual cautions apply with using cheap cables:

xfc569.jpg

Maybe oneplus will exchange your 3T for a 3. I was annoyed that they released the 3T soon after the 3 - I'm not now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bambamboozled

Haven't tried the Samsung as of yet, will be home soon so I'll try it and whatever other phones i happen to have lying around the house.

Would prefer not to have to go down the ROM route. I'm mightly annoyed that they managed to feck up something that wasn't a problem in the OnePlus 3.

I only bought the 3t last week so i might consider a return if it turns out the phone is the problem. If OnePlus were committed to fixing the problem I'd probably hold off as i do think it's a smashing phone but they seem very vague on it.

I'm not in Dublin but I'll try and pick up a cheap C cable and see what joy i have with that.

Anyhow I'll let you know how i get on this evening.

Many thanks for your input.

Did you get Android Auto working with the Samsung?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So your looking at a happy owner of a 3008 Active Black

Can't wait to stay playing with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Headshot wrote: »

Any chance of some pictures?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

Congratulations - I'm sure you'll love it. There's lots to play with - I'm still discovering new features. Took it for it's first long spin today - Dublin to Donegal. Really refined, quiet and excellent fuel economy. Tried out the auto dipping head lights for the first time & they worked brilliantly as did the active lane departure. Android Auto is probably my favourite feature - I love being able to ask it play a song via Spotify, ask it what I'm doing next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Planning on going looking at one later today. How do you find the back seats? Will it comfortably take 3 kids/teenagers?

I have 8 year old twins and there were no complaints after a recent 3 hour journey. They particularly liked having a power socket (I got a double USB charger) in the back and their own vents. I still miss the ability to slide the back seats back and forward and recline the backrest like we had in our old CRV. My wife sat between the twins briefly last week and was comfortable enough - there just in booster seats now. She's fairly short so the centre console didn't bother her. The new 5008 looks to have a fantastic set up wrt rear seats but not sure when it's launching here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Cheers, fantastic looking car and lovely to drive. Although the 3 said it was fine, middle seat wasn't great. Same with the renault Kadjur. Probably back to the idea of an mpv, possibly the grand scenic. Although the 5 seater renault scenic is impressive and sits 3 excellently.
    No exact idea when the 5008 is due, but it's not in the next month or two iirc.

Apparently the 5008 is launching in the UK in late spring/early summer. If the waiting times for the 3008 are anything to go by it won't be here for a good while after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Had a look at the carwow review of the 5008 - doesn't seem to offer much over the 3008 for a 2K premium apart form 20cm length and 2x extra seats. Middle row headroom looks very poor.

I think the panoramic roof cuts into the rear headroom. I've never been a great fan of sunroofs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AMKC wrote: »
    Any chance of some pictures?

Yup Ill have to put some pics up

On a different subject

Im not sure what to think of it but my drivers seat is not all that comfy for me. It's like a rod coming up through the cushion and annoyingly hard to sit on

Anyone experience that?

Driver's seat is fine for me - I have the Mistral leather seats with lumbar support. The bottom cushion is a little shorter than my old car but I dare say I'll get used to it. Anyway I mainly use it at the weekends (have a honda SH300i scooter for my work commute) and my wife, who drivers it every day prefers the shorter cushion (she's 5ft and I'm 6 ft 2!). It's a bit late now but I could have specified AGR seats that allow for the length of the bottom cushion to be adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

I couldn't find a petrol model for test drive. but looking at the reviews and fact i do only low miles i put 1K deposit yesterday for 1.2 petrol Active. expected delivery date is middle of May. fingers crossed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I couldn't find a petrol model for test drive. but looking at the reviews and fact i do only low miles i put 1K deposit yesterday for 1.2 petrol Active. expected delivery date is middle of May. fingers crossed :-)

At that stage wouldn't you like to push the registration until 1 July?

grogi wrote: »
    At that stage wouldn't you like to push the registration until 1 July?

I might take it if they can deliver by 2nd week of May if not will push it for 172. not sure about the benefits of purposely delaying until 172.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

Just received word that my 3008 has gone into production.

I've managed to add Grip Control to my spec, just to get the different alloys.

I might take it if they can deliver by 2nd week of May if not will push it for 172. not sure about the benefits of purposely delaying until 172.

Not much - but at any time in future it will be worth just a bit more than 171...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

Does anyone have any real world fuel consumption figures yet?

• Advertisement

denismc wrote: »
    Does anyone have any real world fuel consumption figures yet?

Get those of Citroen C4 Picasso and add 5-10% (because of the bigger wheels and more boxy shapes).

Finally got a drive in a 1.2 petrol today. Was a little underwhelmed, much to my disappointment.

The engine was perfectly fine, plenty of pep for me. However, I just found it uncomfortable to drive. I'm 6'1" and maybe that's something to do with it but I couldn't find a good driving position. In particular, the pedals were at a very awkward angle for me , quite vertical, and I found my legs starting to ache noticibably almost immediately.

In fairness, I'd just been driving for an hour beforehand so could probably have done with a bit of a break and it's possible I could have found a good position with a little more effort.

However, despite the fantastic styling, super interior, cool gadgets and generous specifications, it's sadly off the purchase list this time around.

i am 5'9 tall and i drove diesel GT line version. I felt if i was little more taller my head would hit the roof. couldn't remember anything unusual with the pedals. i drove it only for 10-15 minutes may be that was not enough to find out.

Do you mind if i ask where did you find the petrol version for test drive. was the engine powerful enough for an SUV? I opted for petrol as i only do low miles

i am 5'9 tall and i drove diesel GT line version. I felt if i was little more taller my head would hit the roof. couldn't remember anything unusual with the pedals. i drove it only for 10-15 minutes may be that was not enough to find out.

Do you mind if i ask where did you find the petrol version for test drive. was the engine powerful enough for an SUV? I opted for petrol as i only do low miles

It was in Windsor clonee. They have a bunch of them there, one of which was a petrol just off the boat. Ended up buying an xtrail from them.

Thought the 1.2 was plenty as its actually a small enough car and I don't drive super fast or ever need a lot of power so it probably suited my driving style.

The other thing that bugged me was the high door on the inside - didn't realise how much I rested my elbow there until it was uncomfortable to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 self builder16

Is anyone else waiting an insane amount of time for their new 3008.ordered mine in Jan and still waiting, Allure spec, seem to be hard to order with a towbar. Only that they are an amazing car and there is nothing else out there, would have pulled the plug by now. Best of luck and congrats to all who have received delivery of their new cars. any teething problems?

Your dealer is able to tell you about a built date by now.i ordered mine early March (1.2 Petrol Active) and promised to be delivered by end of May or early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Your dealer is able to tell you about a built date by now.i ordered mine early March (1.2 Petrol Active) and promised to be delivered by end of May or early June.

Letterkenny- been to dealer twice asking about test drive for the mrs, took number and yet to call thats 2 months ago. Filled in online peugeot form for getting a test drive about 2 months ago aswell still no contact. At this point i will travel to a different dealer to buy.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Letterkenny- been to dealer twice asking about test drive for the mrs, took number and yet to call thats 2 months ago. Filled in online peugeot form for getting a test drive about 2 months ago aswell still no contact. At this point i will travel to a different dealer to buy.

It's better to try few dealers not only for test drive but to get a good deal. my dealer is bit naive but they gave the best trade in value (+1000) so i had to stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

It's better to try few dealers not only for test drive but to get a good deal. my dealer is bit naive but they gave the best trade in value (+1000) so i had to stick with them.

Easier said than done when you live in the sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 self builder16

Ye but I've had 2 date come and go, I've been told end of April and he said he'd keep in touch but haven't heard anything since!

Advertisement