Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had pork fillet from Aldi with roasted veggies (using new proper roasting tins, class) and a creamy sauce with Sambal Oelek, honey and a bit of lime juice. Clean plates all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cottage pie with a leeky mashed potato topping from the hairy bikers recipe.

IMG-20191118-174121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Fried gnocchi with homemade su dried tomato pesto, fried mushrooms, and fried eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Yesterday evening: quail with bacon lardons and leeks. Tasty !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Last night it was a chicken brocolli bake and tonight was an experimental Moroccan pie with couscous and a harissa dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Lamb Heart stuffed with Bread Stuffing & Garlic topped with Serrano ham. Served with Cauliflower & Parsnip mash...yum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Lamb Heart stuffed with Bread Stuffing & Garlic topped with Serrano ham. Served with Cauliflower & Parsnip mash...yum

Sounds great! Never tried Lambs heart, but was reared on stuffed Cows heart. Too ordinary for my butcher who has to cater for the general population.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth tonight is creamy mash, garden peas, drop of nice gravy and Chicken Kiev. I enjoy the gravy/garlic mix.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sounds great! Never tried Lambs heart, but was reared on stuffed Cows heart. Too ordinary for my butcher who has to cater for the general population.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth tonight is creamy mash, garden peas, drop of nice gravy and Chicken Kiev. I enjoy the gravy/garlic mix.:D

Would love a beef heart but very hard to get...Dunnes do the lamb hearts at their meat counter, only €1 a piece. My dinner had 4 of my 5 a day, a bomb of B12 & Iron and only cost me about €3 for the whole lot...

Would love a beef heart but very hard to get...Dunnes do the lamb hearts at their meat counter, only €1 a piece. My dinner had 4 of my 5 a day, a bomb of B12 & Iron and only cost me about €3 for the whole lot...

Are the Lambs hearts already stuffed??

Are the Lambs hearts already stuffed??

No just the heart, just made a simple bread stuffing(1x Slice of bread, 2x garlic glove, Onion powder, Thyme, Rosemary & cracked black pepper) blend it up and stuff the hearts. Top with Serrano Ham or streaky bacon, cook at 140 for 60-75minutes depending on sizeðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Chicken & Mushroom Carbonara...Very bland:o

Chicken
    Mushroom
    Onion
    Garlic
    Pasta
    Salt & Pepper
    Egg & Pamesan Cheese Whisked

Can anyone help me with a good Carbonara recipe...

Chicken thighs, filleted, diced and curried in a Saag style suace with spinach.

IMG-20191123-172602.jpg

Had to go for seconds, it was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chicken & Mushroom Carbonara...Very bland:o

Chicken
    Mushroom
    Onion
    Garlic
    Pasta
    Salt & Pepper
    Egg & Pamesan Cheese Whisked

Can anyone help me with a good Carbonara recipe...

Really good panchetta, fried with garlic and butter, egg yolk only whisked with parmesan, and lots of black pepper, spaghetti cooked in very salty water, throw into the pan with the panchetta and a splash of the pasta water, add the yolk/cheese and more pepper. Keep it simple but use good ingredients.

Only buy parmesan that's aged 24 months or more. The chalky nutty stuff. Most supermarket parmesan is bland and useless and would horrify Italians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Friday evening: snails in a spicy tomato sauce
    Sunday evening: a pot with sausages, spinach and leeks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sunday; chicken kiev with baked rooster . peas and kale from the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Currywurst with fried potatoes and red cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Sunny-side-up egg, chicken and pak choi rice bowl :

Seamai wrote: »
    Currywurst with fried potatoes and red cabbage.

Interesting to see Currywurst in an Irish context. Loved it in Germany and then started to see it in European Airports alongside other fast food joints like Burger King/McDonalds. I love the stuff. Gonna make over Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Interesting to see Currywurst in an Irish context. Loved it in Germany and then started to see it in European Airports alongside other fast food joints like Burger King/McDonalds. I love the stuff. Gonna make over Christmas!

Well it's my take on currywurst, used O'Flynn's cumberland sausages, the sauce is just fried onions, ketchup and curry powder and some water simmered for 20 minutes then strained and finished of with a dusting of more curry powder. Great with a beer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued cowboy steaks with boiled baby potatoes tossed in sautéed red onion and lots of butter, and some greens.

571de1b8-49a8-433e-a61b-860ffafb2bf6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Now that’s a steak, doesn’t even fit on the plate!

Last night was honey soy pork belly strips with stirfried veg and egg fried rice.

Lamb burger with spinach, cheese and harissa mayo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

......not yet cooked, but making my own pasta now with my new Mercato pasta roller.
    Buy one. It's easy and the pasta is the dog's back wheels!
    MFx1mmWl.jpg
    jonlDsOl.jpg
    A61qGgZl.jpg

et....voila,
    7FIOKbxl.jpg

Made some salads and roasted some veg for lunches this week so it doubled up as my dinner too.

496557.jpg

496558.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

4 course menu and "cheese" board at beo in stoneybatter

UMFLCKvl.jpg

CCNf16nl.jpg

1QnZJ5ul.jpg

gST49H6l.jpg

nme9amWl.jpg

gog4l0il.jpg

mNtuIVbl.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

maximo31 wrote: »
    Sunny-side-up egg, chicken and pak choi rice bowl :

Not to be picky...but that egg is over easy, not sunny side up. :)

Nice looking dinner all the same!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I had some leftover black bean stew and rice, so I filled it in a butternut squash, grated cheese over the top and baked it

TrZtZ6O.jpg

Made Chilli last night - browned brisket and mince in a pan, transferred to casserole dish and added onions/garlic and fried it off untill onions were translucent, added a couple of tbs of flour, then threw in my spices (cumin, corriander and chilli) and a spoon of chilli paste, and gave everything a good stir so the spices clung to the meat and onion.

Glass of red wine, some beef stock and a can of tomatoes, kidney beans added, then some tomato puree, salt/pepper, some castor sugar and oregano.

Cooked on the hob for five or ten minutes, then transferred into the oven with the lid on, and cooked on low for a few hours.

Home from work this evening, and all needed to be done was the oven preheated, microwaved spuds for five minutes, then into the oven for 30mins on the top shelf, chilli in the middle shelf.

Goes well with the baked potatoes.

IMG-20191202-181534.jpg

• Advertisement

Chicken, Pancetta and Leek Pie
    Decoration for kids benefit! One of them has a Harry Potter egg cup with a cutter for toast.

496694.jpg

496693.jpg

Advertisement