Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I’ve had the Hairy Bikers Chicken Quesadillas for the last couple of nights. So tasty, and from not that much chicken they go a long way.

Made a salsa/guacamole hybrid to go with them.

494621.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That Luchito paste is the best.
    I bet it was delicious.

It is indeed, I massage it into a pork steak, wrap it in foil, bung it in the fridge over night then slow cook it before then shredding it up and using it in a burrito.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

LOVE love love Halloumi!
    I might make something like this at lunch.

Roast Pork, Bazmo’s Stuffing Balls, Roasties, Carrots, Roasted Cauliflower and Leek with Punchetta and Mushrooms.

2-B83-F1-DA-C64-B-45-A8-934-B-3-CB7457-A50-EC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Spaghetti with a sauce of courgette, tomato and tuna.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Needed to refresh the freezers as I'm in to my busy period in work and usually working Tuesday-Saturday or Wednesday-Sunday and all sorts of hours. So today I did some cheating

2.5kg of beef and pork mince 5:1 made in to a meat-forward ragu with some extra cheering like marmite to increase umami flavours, turned in to a large pasta bake, large lasagne and a final random pre-mixed pasta and sauce to use up what's left. Had some of the bake and it hit all the winter comfort food buttons

About to start on a lamb tagine with lamb that's been marinating in spices for a few hours - should be a lot longer but I don't have a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Went out to Howth and got loads of fish so last night was oven baked seabass fillets with lemon slices on a bed of roasted courgette, tomatoes and peppers with baby potatoes. It was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shoulder of Lamb curry with spinach and potato, feckin gorgeous.

IMG-20191111-174633-1.jpg

Made it Sunday evening, ate it Monday evening and it was restaurant quality (no praise like self praise):D

Heated leftovers today and tipped it into a thermos for today's lunch -it was even better.

That looks the job JD! Especially for a day like this. Rice looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That looks the job JD! Especially for a day like this. Rice looks good.

Gonna second that. It could have been on a plate in a decent Indian Restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Supervalu have great Sirloin steaks on offer for €5 a pair.

So tonight it's a simple Steak, Mash, Garden peas, Onions and Button mushroms in a gravy sauce. Wholesome and an absolute fave of mine. Posted on Boards many times. The other Steak is gone to the freezer.

I'm defo in a steak phase at the moment.:D

Freezing weather, and inspired by the soup thread, I decided to make a sweet potato and lentil soup yesterday.
    Husband got himself a breadmaker a few weeks back and is utterly smitten with it, so we had lovely fresh pumpkin seed bread with it. It was just lovely.

Had roast parsnips last night with puy lentils and black pudding.

Stupidly thought that cooking the black pudding in the oven was a good idea, but no. It collapsed into a pile of crumbs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Stupidly thought that cooking the black pudding in the oven was a good idea, but no. It collapsed into a pile of crumbs :/

How'd you roast the parnsips

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It depends on the pudding, I have roasted proper stuff from beside me here & it retains the shape, stuff from ALDI etc, seems to explode.

Not half as nice as cooking on the pan though, hubba hubba. :pac:

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    How'd you roast the parnsips

Parboiled briefly then coated in salt, pepper, honey, olive oil. Just sliced them in two. They were good actually.

It depends on the pudding, I have roasted proper stuff from beside me here & it retains the shape, stuff from ALDI etc, seems to explode.

Not half as nice as cooking on the pan though, hubba hubba. :pac:

Should have done that. I think I just overcooked them.

The black pudding was Tesco finest brand.
    All the others were galtee, etc. Nah.

Don't like clonakilty either, despite the hype.

Courgettes stuffed with bread crumbs, parmesan, pine nuts, tomatoes on roast veg couscous and a yougurt and mint dressing.

• Advertisement

^^ are you married?

Damn

^^ are you married?

Damn

You talking to me?

Seamai wrote: »
    Courgettes stuffed with bread crumbs, parmesan, pine nuts, tomatoes on roast veg couscous and a yougurt and mint dressing.

Wow, they look amazingly tasty!

A big, hot wok full of vegetable satay

jtHyP63.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Suet Dumplings again - this time with a chicken and leek stew.
    Fresh sage, lemon zest, sumac, and chilli flakes in the dumplings.

I've become a big fan of suet (dumplings are less hassle than a pie/pudding) - had them last week with a lamb, red wine and tomato stew.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Wow, they look amazingly tasty!

It was very tasty, can't take all the credit though got the recipe from an Ottalenghi cook book, though the minted yogurt was my own tweak.

A tapas feast!

Andalusian-style Chicken
    Fish Cakes with Tartar Sauce
    Prawns in Garlic and Chilli Butter
    Potato Tortilla
    Tapenade
    Hummous
    Chicken Goujons with Alioli
    Home-fried Chips
    Sun-dried Tomatoe Sourdough Fougasse
    Sourdough Bruschetta

A2-A933-DE-EDC1-4-EFE-A497-51888-F0-F275-C.jpg

Busy day! ;)

A tapas feast!

Andalusian-style Chicken
    Fish Cakes with Tartar Sauce
    Prawns in Garlic and Chilli Butter
    Potato Tortilla
    Tapenade
    Hummous
    Chicken Goujons with Alioli
    Home-fried Chips
    Sun-dried Tomatoe Sourdough Fougasse
    Sourdough Bruschetta

A2-A933-DE-EDC1-4-EFE-A497-51888-F0-F275-C.jpg

Busy day! ;)

I hope twas a special occasion otherwise you'd never leave the kitchen if you we're cooking like that everyday, I hope they appreciated it, looks delish!

Seamai wrote: »
    I hope twas a special occasion otherwise you'd never leave the kitchen if you we're cooking like that everyday, I hope the appreciated it, looks delish!

A friend, who we haven’t seen in over 15 years, is visiting, plus some neighbours. About 6 hours work over a couple of days. Great evening. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Mushroom & Spinach Risotto with Grilled Chicken...

495591.jpg

Advertisement