Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Miserable morning but it cleared up to be a grand day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Awful morning,v heavy shower and fairly blustery with that, hopefully next couple of days will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

farmerjj wrote: »
    Awful morning,v heavy shower and fairly blustery with that, hopefully next couple of days will be better.

Shower of rain fell here earlier and I thought the country was sinking

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Wet and windy morning,downpour for five minutes around midday.
    Sunshine and 12 degrees now.Coats won't be long drying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

wind and squally showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It's getting a bit draughty here in NCD but thankfully no rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Very mild here today ( 12c ) and the fields are lovely and green and grass is still growing.
    Soil temperatures were 6.8c in Johnstown castle yesterday.
    It's been the best autumn I can remember for grass growing and good ground conditions.
    Hopefully it stays this way. The cows will be starting to calve in a few weeks.
    It would be nice to be able to let them out straight after calving for a bite.
    Be great to have some pictures of cows out grazing on the 15th Jan.
    I must grease up the Fertiliser spreader.

(Hopefully I haven't jinxed it).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

21 degrees but cloudy . Cold getting out of the pool but grand otherwise:)

cjmc wrote: »
    21 degrees but cloudy . Cold getting out of the pool but grand otherwise:)

Says the lad in Longford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Fierce mild but not complaining its be nice and dry... Happy Christmas to all the country folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What an absolute beaute of a morning out there.

Going to wrap up and heat off to a forest somewhere for a walk.

_Brian wrote: »

I'm sure that's the most horror films begin.....just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bright, dry morning here. A bit of a nip in the air but a very nice day.

There was a lot of water here the last few days and a lot of pools of water in the fields.

_Brian wrote: »

I went for a walk around the land this morning to get some fresh air in the lungs.

Still can't get over how good the land and grass is for the time of year. Another time the grass would be yellow.

The forecast is giving a 50/50 chance of colder weather for next week. While I like cold weather sometimes. This time of year your attention would be on preparing for turnout and getting wire and fences right before calving starts. So I hope it doesn't materialize.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Powerful morning here. Woeful mild last night replaced by a frost around daybreak. Talk of a nice frost tonight.

Was heading home from a family do at my Mam's house last night 1.30 and the roads were dodgy. The gritters must have been out before dawn as you could see the grit on the road when I left to head to Longford.
    Beautiful day here and it was bright until nearly 5pm. Looks like a frosty night with clear skies.

Base price wrote: »
    Was heading home from a family do at my Mam's house last night 1.30 and the roads were dodgy. The gritters must have been out before dawn as you could see the grit on the road when I left to head to Longford.
    Beautiful day here and it was bright until nearly 5pm. Looks like a frosty night with clear skies.

Looks like it will be frosty here too as the skies are clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Brace yourselves!
    Jan 1 to 3 will be bitter cold with a chance of snow in coastal counties then benign weather for the rest of the week

The following weekend looks now increasingly even colder with more widespread wintry/snow showers

As for January,a day or two ago,I summarised my thoughts HERE

Since I posted that the usual indicators for very cold weather have got stronger not weaker
    There's a frightening amount of very bitter cold up to our north and east and with high pressure in the Atlantic,the risk of weather drifting in from the east or North is higher and if it comes,you'll know all about it
    So be prepared,if it happens
    Hopefully not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,185 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

14 degrees at 1pm on 30th December. There's something seriously wrong there

whelan2 wrote: »
    14 degrees at 1pm on 30th December. There's something absolutely brilliant there

FYP.:)

Grass is still growing here and soil temperature has increased as well.
    Soil temp is 7c at Johnstown castle and 8.6c in belmullet, Co.Mayo.

Looks like rain New Years Eve night/New Years morning and then a brief 2 day cold spell.
    This apocalyptic cold spell for January looks like being pushed back further into the future. But the weather is going to cool down from what it is here now but nothing serious yet (can change of course).

Someone must be praying.:D

• Advertisement

14 degrees at 1pm on 30th December. There's something seriously wrong there
    10.5 degrees at half seven this evening - it's madness Ted 😊

10.5 degrees at half seven this evening - it's madness Ted 😊
    Temp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

BP, I'm surprised, I thought I knew you, I had you down for classic fm not. Newstalk. We live and learn:D

On the subject of weather it is unbelievably mild, I'm sitting here drinking a limsip as I try to get over man flu. Great way to ring in the new year:mad:

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    BP, I'm surprised, I thought I knew you, I had you down for classic fm not. Newstalk. We live and learn:D

On the subject of weather it is unbelievably mild, I'm sitting here drinking a limsip as I try to get over man flu. Great way to ring in the new year:mad:
    My dad did 10 days in bed over christmas with a dose, didnt even go to mass for christmas:eek: Then my mother got it, seems to alot of chest infections, sinus type doses around

Mac Taylor wrote: »

Ah Mac we are peas in a pod, I'm sipping Lemsip too. I have a bit of a dose but nothing to complain about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

My dad did 10 days in bed over christmas with a dose, didnt even go to mass for christmas:eek: Then my mother got it, seems to alot of chest infections, sinus type doses around

Same thing going around here. Pig sick of it at this stage. Hot whiskey next.

Ah Mac we are peas in a pod, I'm sipping Lemsip too. I have a bit of a dose but nothing to complain about ;)
    Lemsip must be making a fortune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Temp

Ah base you don't listen to that weasel Chris o donohue on news talk 👎

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lemsip must be making a fortune

The southern versions are utterly rip offs and a lot less stronger than the northern/UK own brands. I always stock up afew boxes of them, and other over the counter medicines when I'm in the UK.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    The southern versions are utterly rip offs and a lot less stronger than the northern/UK own brands. I always stock up afew boxes of them, and other over the counter medicines when I'm in the UK.
    Yes but you have to be careful if on other medication, blood thinning meds etc, my da can only take the original ones

Advertisement